I do crossfit so i never have my phone on me when i workout... however, i would recommend an apple watch haha! omg... that thing it's too big to go for a run with it!

idk how ppl can do it!
    10-07-2014 08:32 PM
    Its just too big to be practical. And heavy on your arm after 30 min or so. I tried it.

Attachment 67601

Attachment 67602

what is that the iPad mini on your hand? haha jk! but it looks uncomfortable !!!!
    10-07-2014 08:32 PM
    I use Planatronic Backbeat Go 2 Bluetooth headphones. I leave my phone in my jacket while I work out. I'm at least 75 feet from my phone when I use the squat rack and never have an issue with it dropping out. They sound fantastic as well. I have to have good bass when I listen to music. These fit the bill perfect.
    10-08-2014 09:41 AM
    This was my first day at the gym with the 6 Plus and it was really hard to do some exercises with it in my pocket as its too big. I like to listen to music, so I have it all the time. How do you guys manage its size? An armband/holster? Bluetooth headphones?
    What kind of exercise are we talking here? Are you running on the tread mill or lifting weights? Because cardio machines I'd just put it in the cup holder and I'd be done with it. Lifting weights I have a pair of bluetooth headphones. So I leave the phone on the floor at my feet or on my lap if I'm doing leg extentions or anything like that. I used to rock a Galaxy Note 2 with a extended 9300 mah battery. And I never had a problem. The 6 Plus is a change since it's alot lighter. An armband would work really well too and it would be cheaper than a pair of bluetooth headphones.

I really wanted the plus, awesome device. But I work out a lot and that was the deal breaker for me carrying it at the gym.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's not a cinderblock. It's not bad to carry around. Just grab an armband or something.
    10-08-2014 10:41 AM
    What kind of exercise are we talking here? Are you running on the tread mill or lifting weights? Because cardio machines I'd just put it in the cup holder and I'd be done with it. Lifting weights I have a pair of bluetooth headphones. So I leave the phone on the floor at my feet or on my lap if I'm doing leg extentions or anything like that. I used to rock a Galaxy Note 2 with a extended 9300 mah battery. And I never had a problem. The 6 Plus is a change since it's alot lighter. An armband would work really well too and it would be cheaper than a pair of bluetooth headphones.

It's not a cinderblock. It's not bad to carry around. Just grab an armband or something.
    You have to consider the real size of this phone. I am normal height / proportions and it is 75% of the length of my forearm. The griffin armband strap is nearly the length of the phone to hold the phone safe and stable. That's a huge 'thing' strapped to you. I would say go ahead and get the + and find a pouch, pocket or belt.
    10-08-2014 11:02 AM
    Apple Watch can't get here soon enough.. lol
    10-08-2014 11:12 AM
    You have to consider the real size of this phone. I am normal height / proportions and it is 75% of the length of my forearm. The griffin armband strap is nearly the length of the phone to hold the phone safe and stable. That's a huge 'thing' strapped to you. I would say go ahead and get the + and find a pouch, pocket or belt.
    I use mine at the gym all the time. Plus like I said I had a Note 2 with an extended battery for awhile too. I'm no stranger to large phones at the gym. So I understand the size consideration. And large phones are common place anymore. I see alot of Lg G3's , Galaxy Notes, Xperia Z, I can go on. Most people just pocket them and go the bluetooth route like I do. So the idea doesn't need any consideration as the iphone 6 plus is just joining the large phones at gym club. And why would you put the armband on your forearm? I'd put it on my upper arm if I used one. Seems to make more sense and it's out of the way.
    10-08-2014 11:46 AM
    8GB iPod Nano for the win! Make a work out playlist and get on with life ...
    iPhone 6 Plus at the gym-ipod-nano-watch.jpg
    10-08-2014 12:07 PM
    Couple of reasons i personally wouldn't.

Its the entire length of my upper arm and at an odd angle to be useful vs just finding some other way to pocket it. There are lots of big phones but the 5"+ are the only ones that compare when considering arm band for exercise. I also have a 6 and i would be fine with that in an arm band.

I am giving my opinion based on actually trying this out (really wanting it to work) and I was shocked at how awkward and unpractical an armband is for this size.

I haven't even talked about weight as others have already mentioned it. I can say that it is heavy after an hour on forearm lifting it slightly to glance at it. I am also hesitant to even mention weight as its easy to dismiss in theory until you actually try it for yourself. For me the only benefit of the arm band over pocketing is that if you're like me you need to glance frequently at notifications and respond a time or two. I am a rare happy pebble user because of this but can't respond back conveniently.

It doesn't change my opinion of the phone at all. I will adapt to it. An armband for this size device is laughably big.

I feel i am safe to say that i will not be alone in this opinion with those that actually try the armband for these big phones themselves.
    10-08-2014 12:11 PM
    No offense, but did you really expect a phablet to work well at the gym?
    Derrick4Real likes this.
    10-08-2014 01:04 PM
    No offense, but did you really expect a phablet to work well at the gym?
    Not especially but I did really hope there was some convenience to the arm band.
    10-08-2014 01:27 PM
    I never could use arm bands to work out. Running, yeah, no problem, but working out was a no go. Bluetooth is the only way to go.
    10-08-2014 02:54 PM
    I use Planatronic Backbeat Go 2 Bluetooth headphones. I leave my phone in my jacket while I work out. I'm at least 75 feet from my phone when I use the squat rack and never have an issue with it dropping out. They sound fantastic as well. I have to have good bass when I listen to music. These fit the bill perfect.
    +1 for the backbeat go. Love them. And looked like I said, spibelt to carry the big phone.
    10-09-2014 07:24 AM
    +1 for the backbeat go. Love them. And looked like I said, spibelt to carry the big phone.
    iPhone 6 Plus at the gym-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1412872766.482595.jpg

60 bucks seems a good deal. Is NCIX a good store? Never bought there but read some stuff
    10-09-2014 12:40 PM
    I bought mine at Best Buy, they price matched Amazon. I got them for $75 with the charging pouch, which is awesome.
    10-09-2014 12:42 PM
    I bought mine at Best Buy, they price matched Amazon. I got them for $75 with the charging pouch, which is awesome.
    I got mine for $60 brand new with charging pouch from CraigsList. I also replaced teh stock ear bud tips with Comply replacement tips and like them much better.
    10-09-2014 02:06 PM
    I concur with this lol I love my backbeat go 2's
    10-09-2014 03:44 PM
    Try a Spibelt. You'll need the large one for the Plus, but it'll keep it nice and secure around your waist. I use a Spibelt when I run with my 6 or when I'm at the gym and am wearing shorts/pants with no pockets.
    I use one of these for when I run too. Works awesome!
    eyecrispy likes this.
    10-09-2014 03:48 PM
    I just purchased some athletic workout shorts from Falco Sportswear. Falco Sportswear- The brand that reinvented the pocket. The shorts feature two pockets. Both securely store my iPhone 6 Plus. The pocket is on the hips and is not in the way. I can do lat pull down or dumbbell bench and the phone is totally out of the way. The pockets are very unique in the way they are designed. It uses an elastic strap that expands out of the waistband. Really cool! It locks automatically too. Also theres no shaking while running, which is fantastic. Hope this helps!

-Cheers
    11-18-2015 03:21 PM
44 12