Just curious as I have a 6 plus- but does anyone feel that an iPad is no longer needed with the large screen phone? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    10-06-2014 10:31 PM
    Just curious as I have a 6 plus- but does anyone feel that an iPad is no longer needed with the large screen phone? Thanks.

I suppose some could draw that conclusion. I do not believe it to be true. I have an iPad Mini with retina display, as well as an iPhone 6 Plus.
    EmceeGeek likes this.
    10-06-2014 10:36 PM
    For me it doesn't change anything. I have a 6+ & I'm using my rMini right now to search the forums. I use both on a daily basis.
    EmceeGeek likes this.
    10-06-2014 11:09 PM
    In the same way a single taco could make other food unnecessary for some people...for others, it's just not enough.
    10-06-2014 11:11 PM
    It depends on your usage but I don't feel that way. I still need my iPad, even after I get my phone.
    10-07-2014 09:20 AM
    I think it could reduce the need for a tablet if they would allow iPad apps on it.
    10-07-2014 06:21 PM
    I thought it would reduce my usage of my iPad Air, but I still enjoy the larger screen outside of using my 6 Plus. I will continue to make use of both going forward.
    The real fact that determines which I use most now is the fact I have unlimited data on my phone, where I have only 3 GB a month on my iPad.
    I have enjoyed Netflix, HBOGO, Showtime, etc on the iPhone than ever before. I've always had unlimited data on the iPhone, but only used around 1 to 2 GB because it was not fun to watch movies/videos. Now I am 5GB and more on the iPhone.
    CrackOne likes this.
    10-07-2014 11:54 PM
    The 6+ has made my need for a tablet negligible. For those who already had an iPad or other tablet, the 6+ may not take its place or reduce tablet usage.

But for those without like me, the 6+ can serve the same use and fill the need as a tablet, bridging the gap between phone and laptop/desktop. Just my $0.02.
    10-08-2014 09:39 AM
    It's a good question. I love my Plus and I manage to reach for it more than my iPad Air. Having said that, I still think it is nowhere near an iPad replacement. The larger canvas of the iPad still makes reading books, magazines, web pages better. However, I do think that the iPad is more of a want and less of a need and the Plus makes the iPad even more of a want than a need.
    10-08-2014 12:08 PM
    I said it before and I'll say it again: The full-size iPads will still be used, whilst the iPad Minis will be used less with those that have the 6+.
    10-08-2014 12:15 PM
    I said it before and I'll say it again: The full-size iPads will still be used, whilst the iPad Minis will be used less with those that have the 6+.
    And, as I’ve said before, hogwash. I have both a retina iPad Mini and an iPhone 6 Plus. I use both daily. They are, despite what some say, different devices with different uses.

To answer (again) the OP's question, CAN the iPhone 6 Plus make a tabled unnecessary? Of course it CAN. Does it make it absolutely true? No way.
    10-08-2014 12:21 PM
    There's going to be some who experience a larger screen for the first time with the new iPhones. Many will like the larger screen and take a look at the iPads, where they may never have had they not got the new iPhone. It's going to be a mix. iPad sales should remain about the same.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    terreos likes this.
    10-08-2014 12:48 PM
    I agree with Led... iPad sales should remain about the same, mini might take a little hit.
    10-08-2014 12:51 PM
    I still use my tablet 😄 specially for Netflix/Hulu
    10-08-2014 02:28 PM
    I never used my iPad for nearly as much as I thought I would have. My son pretty much took ownership of it at this point. I use my phone for most stuff and laptop for the things that the phone doesn't handle well.
    10-08-2014 02:32 PM

IMHO tablets are always unnecessary are are nothing but a luxury item.
    10-08-2014 02:36 PM
    This.
    The fact that tablet sales are already leveling off indicates that the idea of a tablet being a "laptop replacement" was premature, at best.
    10-08-2014 02:38 PM
    This.
    The fact that tablet sales are already leveling off indicates that the idea of a tablet being a "laptop replacement" was premature, at best.
    Absolutely not true. With the plethora of educational apps and games, they are perfect for (limited/monitored) use by toddlers, pre-teens and teens. They are also useful in business, and for travel. I travel several times a year both domestically and internationally. Much of what I do can easily be done on a tablet, vs a laptop. In fact, I rarely travel with my laptop simply because I can do what I need to do with my tablet, and it’s easier to manage in a backpack, etc.

While your comment may be true for you (yes, I saw the "IMHO"), it is not necessarily true for everyone and in every situation. Finally, when making generalized statements like yours, it’s probably a good idea to avoid words like "always" and "never". It’s guaranteed that there will be an exception before you can even finish the statement.

And, again, the OP asked "can" the iPhone 6 Plus replace an iPad. Of course it can. But it is not necessarily a universal thing.
    10-08-2014 02:48 PM