Just banter: When the iPhone Plus is refreshed, how much bigger is acceptable to you?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm willing to bet that whatever the iPhone Plus refresh is in a couple of years, it will probably have a slightly larger screen display. It of course could just remain the same at 5.5" but my inkling tells me that if some Android devices start getting above 5.7" (like the rumored Nexus 6 going 5.9") then it will probably happen. My question is how much bigger would be acceptable to you now that you've been getting used to a large screen sized phone for a couple of weeks now?

I'd be fine if it was an increase to about 5.7" or 5.8". Going six inches is "too big" territory for me. Granted, it depends on how Apple would engineer the thing and make its industrial design easier to manage.

What say you?

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't see it getting any bigger, unless they increase the screen size but shrink the bezels to make it essentially the same. Even then, though, I don't really see that happening. And as far how big would be too big personally, I could handle 5.7" as long as the phone itself is no bigger. So while I could manage it, I'd still probably opt for the smaller option. I like the Plus, but it would be far more appealing to me if they would shrink the bezels significantly. Until then, I think I'll hang closer to 5".

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
If they could do it with a minimal bezel around the whole phone I think I could do 6 inches. I am loving my 6 Plus, I really haven't had any issues with one handed use so far and am loving the larger screen. I haven't missed my iPad Air that I gave to my wife when I got my new iPhone. The one thing I don't need is thinner please don't do that Apple. I don't mind a little heft to the phone.

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I think I'd be ok with anything up to and including the 6". I think the logical increase would be about 5.7", but there are a few small issues I have with the new phone despite loving it.....And none of them have to do with the size of the phone

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy here my little sister said my Paperwhite and iPhone 6+ are almost the same. I can't carry a device that big on my hand for day to day use

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
As long as they don't get rid of the home button. I held the Nokia 1520 and it was way too much so perhaps 5.7 inches is ok? However, like the 6+/Note, I have to feel it in the hand to make sure.

mvpilot172

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I'd love something in between the 4.7 and 5.5 size phone. Maybe put larger screens in the same size body for the iphone 7.

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Just banter: When the iPhone Plus is refreshed, how much bigger is acceptable...

5.7 sounds like the sweet spot to me, 6 is really pushing it to tablet territory. I think they could use the same form factor the 6+ has now and just shrink the bezels to make for a larger screen.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Just banter: When the iPhone Plus is refreshed, how much bigger is acceptable...

5.5 is already huge! But I can see 5.7 if they can get rid of the bezels!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: Just banter: When the iPhone Plus is refreshed, how much bigger is acceptable...

Only if they managed to build the display around touch id which is kinda pointless, so this is pretty much about as large as I would go unless they keep the form factor and dimensions just about what they are now

IrishFXDB

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
The LG G3 has a 5.5" screen and is both shorter (by almost half an inch) and narrower than the 6 Plus. If Apple did away with the bezels they could increase the screen size while keeping the device size the same. I highly doubt they would do that because the only real way would be to remove the home button and I just don't see that happening.

If they stuck with their usual design concept the phone would become comically large to fit a larger screen. I think 5.5" is here to stay until a conceptual redesign of the whole thing happens.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I don't care what kind of technology Apple institutes, but nothing will replace a physical home button for me. Ever.

For me, the home button is the most crucial of all the physical buttons on the phone.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I'm willing to bet that whatever the iPhone Plus refresh is in a couple of years, it will probably have a slightly larger screen display. It of course could just remain the same at 5.5" but my inkling tells me that if some Android devices start getting above 5.7" (like the rumored Nexus 6 going 5.9") then it will probably happen. My question is how much bigger would be acceptable to you now that you've been getting used to a large screen sized phone for a couple of weeks now?

I'd be fine if it was an increase to about 5.7" or 5.8". Going six inches is "too big" territory for me. Granted, it depends on how Apple would engineer the thing and make its industrial design easier to manage.

What say you?

IMHO both the iPhone 6 and 6+ are too big already. I can't put my iPhone 6 down but I still feel it is already at the absolute largest size I would ever buy. The iPhone 6+ and device in that category is already a no go for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro