I was wondering which case feels better - leather or silicone?

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I am going to go and buy a case tomorrow for my iPhone 6 plus. Was wondering which case would be best/ feel better.... Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Only you can answer a question like that so decide for yourself which one feels better to you...:)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Between having had both, I like the silicone case a lot better. I like the grip and texture of it and the side buttons don't feel that hard to press as opposed to the leather one. Granted, I only used the leather one for about a week so it didn't really get broken in.

I thought the silicone one would be cheap like most silicone cases are. It's really much better quality. Best thing about it is you can try both and just return the one you don't want in 14 days.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know if the red silicone gets dirty and if it can be cleaned? I want it, but if it is going to look nasty after a month then forget it.

Sent from my iPad Air. Best tablet on the planet.

xoxojess

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Between having had both, I like the silicone case a lot better. I like the grip and texture of it and the side buttons don't feel that hard to press as opposed to the leather one. Granted, I only used the leather one for about a week so it didn't really get broken in.

I thought the silicone one would be cheap like most silicone cases are. It's really much better quality. Best thing about it is you can try both and just return the one you don't want in 14 days.

I concur. I have the pink silicone case and it's easily one of the best cases I've ever owned. The quality is impressive and it adds a great deal of grip to the phone which to me, is important.

xoxojess

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if the red silicone gets dirty and if it can be cleaned? I want it, but if it is going to look nasty after a month then forget it.

I have the pink silicone and have had it since launch day. I was super worried about how dirty it would get BUT I can honestly say that even today, it looks absolutely brand new. It doesn't show any wear or any dirt/grime. Now, I'm sure this might be a case by case basis but I haven't been trying to keep it clean so that should say something. I'm 100% happy with the quality of this case and would definitely recommend it.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I have the pink silicone and have had it since launch day. I was super worried about how dirty it would get BUT I can honestly say that even today, it looks absolutely brand new. It doesn't show any wear or any dirt/grime. Now, I'm sure this might be a case by case basis but I haven't been trying to keep it clean so that should say something. I'm 100% happy with the quality of this case and would definitely recommend it.

Can it be cleaned though? That was one of the things that you couldn't do with the leather case for the 5S.

xoxojess

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Can it be cleaned though? That was one of the things that you couldn't do with the leather case for the 5S.

I can't say with certainty since my case hasn't really gotten "dirty." I will say this though.. the few times it has gotten smudged or grimed up, I've just taken a damp paper towel to it and it comes right off.

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
The colors of the silicone case are all ugly or girly. I had the black one and it got scratched the next day and was always greasy, it looked dirty all the time. Maybe it was the color. But none of those colors make my space grey look elegant and classy/fancy.

I got the black leather case for my space grey phone and it looks beautiful and feels amazing. However, my friend got the brown leather one on launch day and it's already dark on the sides. For me it looks beautiful. But some people might not like it. My next case will be the brown leather case.

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site

Based on the material, of course it can get cleaned. I had to clean my black silicone case with a wet bounty towel every single day. I don't have that pain in the **** anymore with my perfect and flawless leather case anymore.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
My black one has been fine now for a few days. If it gets scratched, it has done its job along with providing me better grip.

The black silicone case is the only nice one, in my opinion. The other colors aren't up to my taste.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
It's really a matter of personal preference, but I'm with Hiri - I've never seen another case that can out-class the Apple leather case. I have midnight blue and it's stunning. It's also the softest leather case I've ever felt by leaps and bounds.

jgurnett

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I've had both the silicone and the leather case on mine. After using both of them I like the feel of the silicone better than the leather. Feels silky yet with tons of grip. That said I'm actually sticking with the leather case (Midnight Blue on Space Grey). The feel is still nice, phone feels slimmer in this case actually. My deciding factor was the ease of sliding the phone in and out of my pocket. The silicone sticks a bit and picks up pocket debris. I'll be keeping both though.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
It's really a matter of personal preference, but I'm with Hiri - I've never seen another case that can out-class the Apple leather case. I have midnight blue and it's stunning. It's also the softest leather case I've ever felt by leaps and bounds.

Did you have the leather case for the 5S too? If so, is the new case about the same or better?

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
The new case is much thinner than the 5S version. I imagine this is to arrive at as little added bulk as possible since both phones are now larger. I love the case. It is elegant and feels great in the hand. However, I decided to get Applecare for the first time ever. I figure a drop to the concrete at the right angle in this case and the phone will be toast. Certainly designed for aesthetics vs rugged protection.

Last edited:

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I am going to go and buy a case tomorrow for my iPhone 6 plus. Was wondering which case would be best/ feel better.... Thanks

In my humble opinion, I think the color on the silicon cases are too shiny. Also, I think the silicon cases are just a tag more slippery than the leather case. At the Apple Store, I held both cases in my hand for 10-15 minutes and came to that conclusion.

terreos

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Leather. First off they all look great and feel premium. They add some well needed grip without it feeling sticky. With my iphone 5s red leather case I ran into the problem of the case discoloring and almost turning a really nasty brownish red. Almost as if it was throw into a dumpster for a month. So if you have a job that is outdoors or dirty stick to the darker colors.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro