Will the iPhone 6 Plus kill the Next Gen iPad?

bboykin87

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the 6 plus will kill any iPad. At the most at least in my usage case, it might cut into usage. But I'm someone who prefers the full sized iPad over the mini. Someone who prefers the mini might feel that it will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't think the 6 plus will kill the next gen iPad. I think 6 plus users that have a iPad Air may be less likely to upgrade their iPad but with Touch ID coming to iPad these users may feel they want that feature.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't think so but that said, I am using my iPad air a lot less now that I have my 6 (I don't even have a 6 plus) while I'm at home. Still use the air at work tons though.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
To me these two devices are two different things. The iPhone 6 Plus is more of a phone to me while the iPad can't ever make a phone call...

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Since I got my 6+ last week, I have found myself not using my iPad 4 as much as I used to be. As a matter of fact, I only use my iPad 4 for movie viewing only for the last week (when it comes to movie viewing, size does matter). So I believe the 6+ will diminish the use of full size iPad, and it will kill off the iPad Mini.

Tom M2

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
The full size iPad will not suffer - its big enough to really be in a different class. However, I can see the plus cutting into mini sales, more so for those who might now be hauling around the iphone and mini regularly. For many, there is still a big enough size difference for reading full pages of text - books, magazines, web pages, etc that makes the mini a more compelling device - but those not comfortable hauling around a mini, may opt to compromise and opt for the 6 plus. I see full size tablet sales as perfectly safe.

adam13141

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I bought the 6 plus and got rid of my iPad Mini. But I think overall it won't kill the iPad. There will be a few like me but not enough to matter for Apple.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't think so but that said, I am using my iPad air a lot less now that I have my 6 (I don't even have a 6 plus) while I'm at home. Still use the air at work tons though.

Your using phone more now cause it's new. Once the newness wears off you will go back to using it for separate things.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Your using phone more now cause it's new. Once the newness wears off you will go back to using it for separate things.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

Probably, but my iPad is pretty new too. I sold my iPad 3 and traded an old Macbook for an iPad 3 a few weeks ago. It's almost as "new" as my 6. :)

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Overall I don't think so. It will kill it to the folks who just want a device to get everything done with - for example, those of us who want one device to do everything.

For the power users, and/or folks who want a separate device experience, the iPad will continue to sell. I for one still want an iPad with the Plus, though I do realize that now I can do some things on the Plus that I previously would only want to do on the iPad. To me they work better together, not replacing each other.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox