Anyone else hate the location of the power buttons on the new iPhones?

acwyau

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm not against the placement of the power button, but I have to admit I have hit the power button by accident when trying to change the volume. This is usually in landscape mode when I'm watching videos, and I'm not completely sure which way I have the phone rotated. Doing a screenshot isn't too bad, but it definitely isn't a natural motion yet. However, doing a hard reboot by holding the home and power button down for a few seconds is definitely harder and takes me more than one try at times.

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I find myself still trying to tap the top for the lock screen. Still, I do like the placement in regards to the size of the phone; it definitely facilities easier one-handed use.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Yup I hate the new power button location on the new phone, cause I keep hitting it while playing some games in landscape....I keep making my phone sleep by accident...

swampbaby

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Every now and again I attempt to reach for the power button on the top of my phone. When it comes to taking screenshots...it's been a hassle as I either hit the volume buttons or accidentally end up turning the device off.

Zafla

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I did end up pressing the volume buttons when meaning to press the power button for a few days but now it feels natural to me.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Hate it. I need the crook of my thumb to be exactly opposite my forefinger to have the strength to press the power button, so the force applied by my thumb side lowers the volume, more and more and more, till eventually it is off. If it was at the top, my thumb and finger could be much further apart to exert the same amount of force. Oh well. It's super-awkward for me for screen caps, too.

martinlmnt

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm used to it now but to begin with I would press it when using the volume buttons or look for it at the top of the phone where it used to be.

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Trying to take a screenshot and always pressing the volune buttons. It drives me crazy.

I'm adjusting to it all now after complaining a lot at first lol. But your comment made me think.....It'd be more convenient if we could have pressed the power button with a volume button to take a screen shot

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Not at all since the larger screen devices have had them that way (my HTC One M8 not included!) for years.
Now if Apple made a 4" phone with it on the side I think that would certainly confuse people!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal