I still have occasional issues with the new power button layout. I find myself hitting the volume buttons a lot when pressing the power button. I believe it is because I'm left handed and tend to hold my phone in my left hand. The power button placement seems to be ideal for right handed use, but I can't seem to get my brain accustomed to holding the phone in my right hand.
    joerayrg likes this.
    08-08-2015 10:00 AM
    I still have occasional issues with the new power button layout. I find myself hitting the volume buttons a lot when pressing the power button. I believe it is because I'm left handed and tend to hold my phone in my left hand. The power button placement seems to be ideal for right handed use, but I can't seem to get my brain accustomed to holding the phone in my right hand.
    I'm a lefty, as well. I hold my phone in my right hand and type/navigate with my left hand.
    08-08-2015 10:02 AM
    I'm a lefty, as well. I hold my phone in my right hand and type/navigate with my left hand.
    Slightly different here. I hold the phone and navigate with my left hand. I rarely use my right hand for most things when using the phone.
    08-08-2015 10:06 AM
    I don't "hate" the new placement of the power button on the 6/6 Plus, but I have to admit, it took some getting use to. I'm right handed and hold the iPhone in my left hand. From time to time when I use the power button I fing myself also altering the volume controls.
    diggity likes this.
    08-08-2015 10:12 AM
    I don't "hate" the new placement of the power button on the 6/6 Plus, but I have to admit, it took some getting use to. I'm right handed and hold the iPhone in my left hand. From time to time when I use the power button I fing myself also altering the volume controls.
    That's more or less how I feel about it. Not exactly 'hate'. More like a slight occasional annoyance.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    08-08-2015 10:26 AM
    Only time it bothers me now is when I grab an older phone and try to turn off the screen
    Spencerdl likes this.
    08-09-2015 09:58 AM
    Bottom Line: After using almost a year now the power button would be better on top. I have all apple products (Ipads) and they are all on top. With the iphone 6 every time I take a pic or give it to someone else to take one it turns off. Very annoying! I agree.
    08-13-2015 11:24 AM
    Bottom Line: After using almost a year now the power button would be better on top. I have all apple products (Ipads) and they are all on top. With the iphone 6 every time I take a pic or give it to someone else to take one it turns off. Very annoying! I agree.
    I really don't care either way, but I had no problem with it being on top.
    08-14-2015 08:23 AM
    I guess I'll find out in September.
    08-14-2015 09:45 AM
    I just don't care where it is if I can get a new iPhone
    08-20-2015 10:47 PM
    Yes, I hate it! It happens every single time!
    11-02-2015 10:41 PM
    I actually like it, beats reaching up top & fumbling the phone in your hand.
    11-02-2015 11:50 PM
    Here it is November 2015 a year into having the 6plus and I still hate it. Yes I'm "used to it" being there but that doesn't mean I don't hit it all the time when I don't want to.

Laying on the floor in front of my couch while I napalarm goes off and I turn the volume up trying to fumble for the power button for a quick shut down of the alarm

Get the camera open and try to take a once in a lifetime horizontal shotannnnd I lock the screen..try to take a screen shot annnnd I lock the screen.

I don't do it EVERY TIME but EVERY TIME I do itit's irritating. Baaaad design when something causes large numbers of people problemsconsistently
    11-05-2015 05:11 AM
    This button placement bothered me for a few days 4 years ago when I got my first Android phone with a side mounted power button. I quickly learned to just hold the phone slightly different, without thinking about it, and haven't thought about it since.

I feel the Plus's power and volume keys are a little too high, but other than that I have no issues at all with their relative placement.
    11-11-2015 08:46 PM
    I don't mind it. I preferred it on top though. But it's not a big deal.
    11-11-2015 09:29 PM
    I don't mind it. I preferred it on top though. But it's not a big deal.
    Same here. Once I got used to it and stopped pressing the volume buttons at the same time it was fine. I would rather the power button be on top though.
    11-11-2015 09:32 PM
    Same! And I never thought I could hate something so bad.

To date, I still cannot make a screenshot of the moment without loosing my temper or get irritated with my phone.

I much prefer the 5s grip and power button placement.
    11-19-2015 06:21 AM
    No problem for me, in fact I keep pressing the right side of my iPod Touch 5th Generation & keep wondering why it doesn't switch on.

How I hold my 6 Plus places my thumb on the power & the rest of my fingers under the volume buttons, I can see how it might be a problem for some one with small hands though.

I use a Spigen Ultra Hybrid case on my 6 Plus & it requires a little extra pressure on the volume buttons compared to the power button meaning that accidental volume button presses are eliminated.

Roland
    11-22-2015 03:29 AM
    At first I looked for it on the top, but now the side is where it is, I don't even give it a second thought. In fact I had forgotten they used to be up there until I saw this thread.
    11-22-2015 08:08 AM
    I find myself eventually turning up or down the volume and later discover it when someone might say " i called doubt you didn't answer " to discover the volume is down. Before this I had an Android LG G3 and believe it or not the rear power and up/down buttons were much more easier to get used to and once your used to them the index finger just naturally goes to them. Much better design in my opinion
    12-13-2015 02:50 PM
    You have to do screenshots different. With my right hand, I put my index finger on the upper left corner of the Phone above all the buttons. My thumb pushes the power button on the side. At first, I didn't know what was going on when I kept seeing the sound bell pop up when I did a screenshot. Alternatively, you can enable Assistive Touch in Accessibility and do screenshots with that. No pushing buttons. Works really well. I keep Assistive Touch enabled all the time. You can hide the on screen button by triple clicking the home button.
    12-13-2015 04:26 PM
    Who else ends up pressing the volume buttons instead (and vice versa)?
    I do this a lot and probably not going to get used to it very soon as I always go back and forth between other phones. I end up pressing both usually and turning the volume off.
    12-28-2015 10:49 PM
    I have an iPad 2. The volume buttons are on the right of the iPad. Ok that's fine, but I purchased a iPhone 6 the other day so I could have a contract with 3, basically so I could use my 3G abroad. I noticed that the power button is no longer on the top it is at the side, as to when I want to lock my phone the volume is then adjusted because they are parallel with the power button. Back to the iPad I now think that the iPhone 6 volume buttons are on the right hand side of the phone to which they are not. Still can't get used to it. Stupid Apple!!! I still love my iPhone can't fault them for that.
    02-09-2016 06:47 PM
    I can't stand it. I keep messing with my volume every time I close the screen.
    12-05-2016 10:26 AM
    I guess it could get knocked more often by accident than being on the top..

Power button being on the top kind of moved it away from volume controls,, but u'r more likely to press the volume controls now... Weather u've gotten used to the power button on the side, u'll still find youself sometimes accidentally pressing the volume up/down by mistake.

The location does make a difference I find
    01-09-2017 03:06 AM
126 ... 3456