Does the iPhone 6 plus support 4k

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm curious!!!!!

Ive been looking on youtube for 4k videos and even tho they show up, when i play them it says it only supports 720p...

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm curious!!!!!

Ive been looking on youtube for 4k videos and even tho they show up, when i play them it says it only supports 720p...

The resolution of the iPhone 6 Plus screen is 1920 x 1080. So, no, it does not do 4K. It should play the 4K videos, but not at 4K resolution.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Yes, given that the phone has been out for 2 weeks I'm not surprised the app isn't updated yet.

Smaller name developers have pushed out their updates within days of the 6/6+ release and they look great. I understand it takes time but I would think that bigger names would be all over that support.

guitarman85

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I agree, but I think some of these devs actually want to do something with the extra space besides just optimizing for the new native resolutions

guitarman85

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I want fast updates as much as anyone else, but I'm not going to jump on developers just yet. I think it was much more off putting when the iPhone 5 came out and apps were letterboxed. The issues here are less glaring, but still I think by the end of October you should at least be optimized for the new resolution, even if you've got a bigger plan for the extra screen space

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I want fast updates as much as anyone else, but I'm not going to jump on developers just yet. I think it was much more off putting when the iPhone 5 came out and apps were letterboxed. The issues here are less glaring, but still I think by the end of October you should at least be optimized for the new resolution, even if you've got a bigger plan for the extra screen space

Nobody is jumping on the devs, at least I am not. I just find it interesting that the smaller guys (some) are on it faster than the big players. And the letterboxing on the iP5 I would take again over the zooming in on the 6/6+. It was touted on stage that apps would continue to look beautiful on the 6/6+ before they updated and that's just not true. Most if not all look silly. I know updates are coming, I am not concerned about that.

guitarman85

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I agree that it doesn't look good. I think you're seeing the agility of a smaller dev team with less overhead management to answer to. Less paperwork and overhead to get the update done. Big companies usually do not move fast.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro