Stumped!!! Where can I find a store with an iPhone 6 Plus in stock?

konjis1

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
On launch day i was the first person in line at Bestbuy in Birmingham, AL (the hwy 280 store). The store manager comes out about 20 min ahead of them opening the doors and says they do not have any 6 plus inventory. So i went ahead and bought a 6, but i want the plus so bad! I can return in by 10/3 (tomorrow), but will be without a phone. Does anyone honor bestbuy gift cards (they gave me $225 for my iPhone 5), or where can i find 6 plus inventory? Help me! LOL

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I doubt anybody outside of Best Buy will honor the gift card, but I don't know for certain. As for where you can purchase an iPhone 6 Plus, it's a crap shoot at this point in time. many people who have pre-ordered are still awaiting their new devices, but your best bet would be at an Apple Store, in my opinion.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Checking the Bestbuy website the Plus does not seem like it's available to them yet. They only seem to have higher capacity iphone 6s available. The Plus is listed as coming soon. I'm guessing your best bet is the Apple Store, and spending the bestbuy giftcard on something else. :)

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Apple Store is your best bet. Their online availability isn't accurate. I checked to see if they had stock at the store near me and it said no. I showed up at the actual store and they had everything in stock, including the Plus. The guy in front of me bought 2!

pararigger

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
As of 9 minutes ago there is a silver 128 plus at the summit apple store in Birmingham.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
People need to stop going to big chain retailers or carrier stores when trying to get iPhones...it was a PITA for the pre-order and it seems to be a PITA when trying to buy one after release.

Go to the Apple Store...I don't know how many other ways this can be said.

epicness4G

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
You can return it and get your phone back.. I used to manage a best buy mobile so unknown it can be done :D good luck! Just be persistent and you'll get your phone back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

konjis1

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your input! I'm gonna try and go to the Summit to see if they have any available and use my Bestbuy gift card for something else...maybe some headphones or something...who knows!

Also, does Apple do iPhone 6 trade ins?

metacuate

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your input! I'm gonna try and go to the Summit to see if they have any available and use my Bestbuy gift card for something else...maybe some headphones or something...who knows!

Also, does Apple do iPhone 6 trade ins?

I do not believe they accept current generation tech for trade in

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
People need to stop going to big chain retailers or carrier stores when trying to get iPhones...it was a PITA for the pre-order and it seems to be a PITA when trying to buy one after release.

Go to the Apple Store...I don't know how many other ways this can be said.
I'm 80+ miles from the nearest Apple Store. Verizon is 5 miles. There's only 2 Apple Stores in the entire state of Alabama.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

konjis1

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
So what about his option....if my mother has an upgrade and she obtains a 6 plus, can't we just swap sim cards and all is fine?