What reaction did you get when people first saw your 6+?

F0REVERY0UNG-

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
The guy in the store who sold it to me asked "You're not worried about it bending?", to which I replied "I don't sit on my phone."
One guy asked me if it was a Galaxy, I had to fight the urge to roll my eyes. lol
Another guy asked me if I got it because I have bad vision, according to my optometrist, I have 20/20 vision.
My mom was in total shock, she held the phone silently for a few minuets then she said "This is a big *expletive* phone!"

courtstone

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I was one of the first ones to get the 6+ here in my office and people are still coming up to me asking to see it and to hide it and whatnot lol.

I still don't understand why people ask if they can sit on it? Why old you want to sit on your phone. I do carry it in my back pocket sometime, but I don't sit on it LOL

but in gonna shoot the next person that's asks me if my phone bends...

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
When I picked mine up from Sprint they asked could they play with it because they didn't get a demo unit and I was the only one that preordered through my store.

Everyone else loves it and I always get asked if its the big one. They think the screen is amazing and that says a lot since I keep my brightness on 50%.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
My first reaction was holy sh** this is BIG and I really didn't realize it until I boxed up the 5S' for shipping from selling them on eBay how small and large they were to each other in comparison (how they felt in the hand)

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad to say I'm the only brother with a 6+ at my work. First in line is always the best lol.
I'll wait and see in a few month everybody will be getting the 6

Last edited:

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
None of my friends care enough what kind of phone I'm using. They wouldn't notice what I had. I'm the rare tech geek that hangs around rednecks and beer drinking shotgun shooting bafoons who just got their first iPhone 4 two weeks ago and refer to it as the myphone

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
None of my friends care enough what kind of phone I'm using. They wouldn't notice what I had. I'm the rare tech geek that hangs around rednecks and beer drinking shotgun shooting bafoons who just got their first iPhone 4 two weeks ago and refer to it as the myphone

The myphone, huh? :p

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
All of the kids at my school thought that my regular sized 6 was the Plus version, yet all of them who said that owned a samsung device

sssfo

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
It's been a week since I received my iphone 6+ and invariably all my "friends" wanted to do a bend test or a drop test... :huh: WTF??? I'm just so mad at people right now...:mad:never again will I let anyone handle my phone. If they want to test the new iPhone 6+ for whatever reason, they will have to do it on their own phone or find a different scapegoat. Jeezzzzzzz....:no:

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
It's been a week since I received my iphone 6+ and invariably all my "friends" wanted to do a bend test or a drop test... :huh: WTF??? I'm just so mad at people right now...:mad:never again will I let anyone handle my phone. If they want to test the new iPhone 6+ for whatever reason, they will have to do it on their own phone or find a different scapegoat. Jeezzzzzzz....:no:

If someone tried to break my phone id break their face... Case closed

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
"OMG, is that the new iPhone?" "Is it the BIG one?"

"Wow.. that's big. Can I hold it?" Do you care if I try it out.. in my pocket?" <-- I got this from 3 different male servers at different restaurants. I was so shocked that they actually asked, I couldn't even form an answer. :huh:

"Have you tried to bend it yet?" -- These are the people I just walk away from.

And my personal favorite.. "What's so special about it? Samsung has been doing that for years." :cant-watch:

That's when you remind them that Apple had a large screen mobile device more than a year before Samsung did. :)

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Can I touch it? That is what I get most. Then since I have both the 6 and 6+ they want to hold them both together

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I have been asked lots of times if the person can hold it. I was on the MAX train the other day and a random guy asked me if he could hold it. I said no. He said "it's like that huh?" I smiled and politely said I was not cool with handing over my 1000k dollar phone to a total stranger and he called me a racist (black guy). True story.

Stefano_B

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Some people think it's an Android because of the size.. But no, it's a beautiful 6+ HD Retina display with an amazing camera.. Lol.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
When I first seen it I thought it was way too big but I do like how thin it is. And the screen is tops!!

Last edited:

Chief G-Hawk

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The reaction I got when I people saw my 6 Plus, they say to me, "Oh does your phone bend?" I just reply back, "All phones are subject to bend" Sorry.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
Most of the people that see me with it ask which model it is. The next question is usually something related to issues with it fitting in pockets. (I haven't had an issue yet.) Only had one guy bring up the bendgate thing, and it was an overly aggressive salesperson in a tech store at Boston Logan.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro