I have had the 6+ for less then 24 hours. Just slipped out of my hands like a slippery fish! Haven't bought apple care yet. Had the case off for some reason - won't be doing that anymore.

Crack! Right on the edge where it must have come in contact with my keyboard.

It appeared to be broken under the Zagg glass. I carefully removed the Zagg.

Phew. It was the Zagg that broke not the phone.

Apple care & new Zagg glass as soon as possible! Yikes.
    10-01-2014 03:35 PM
    Glad it worked out. The Zagg' are helpful.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-01-2014 03:45 PM
    I have had the 6+ for less then 24 hours. Just slipped out of my hands like a slippery fish! Haven't bought apple care yet. Had the case off for some reason - won't be doing that anymore.

Crack! Right on the edge where it must have come in contact with my keyboard.

It appeared to be broken under the Zagg glass. I carefully removed the Zagg.

Phew. It was the Zagg that broke not the phone.

Apple care & new Zagg glass as soon as possible! Yikes.
    Been thinking about purchasing a glass protector. Are they easy to apply ? And say I mess up installation can I peel it up or will it crack ?
    10-01-2014 04:08 PM
    It removes and reinstalls easily. It bends like you wouldn't believe without damage.

It is hard to align it straight as there is no wiggle room and hard to keep dust away as the bottom side is really sticky. But totally doable.
    hoosieriphone likes this.
    10-01-2014 04:14 PM
    It removes and reinstalls easily. It bends like you wouldn't believe without damage.

It is hard to align it straight as there is no wiggle room and hard to keep dust away as the bottom side is really sticky. But totally doable.
    Okay thanks, Looks like I'll be placing my order soon. Definitely wanna rock the apple case this year and the glass protector.
    10-01-2014 04:21 PM

A trick I have doing for years when applying these protectors to keep dust off is turn on the shower (HOT) and close the door. Let it get nice and fogged up in there and then apply. I have never once got dust, etc between the phone and protector.
    10-01-2014 04:26 PM
    Okay thanks, Looks like I'll be placing my order soon. Definitely wanna rock the apple case this year and the glass protector.
    It is important to apply the protector where there is little or no dust. Just the least bit can mess it up.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    iTechHead likes this.
    10-01-2014 04:28 PM
    A trick I have doing for years when applying these protectors to keep dust off is turn on the shower (HOT) and close the door. Let it get nice and fogged up in there and then apply. I have never once got dust, etc between the phone and protector.
    Gonna give that a shot soon.
    10-01-2014 04:32 PM
    D: Oi, don't do that!
    10-01-2014 04:46 PM
    I just clean the screen and sticky side of protector with scotch tape as I apply it. Flawless install.
    10-01-2014 06:03 PM
    You're very lucky, I'm glad it worked out for you!

Good thing you had the Zagg on, this thread has made me decide to go pick one up tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    nikkisharif and H_D like this.
    10-01-2014 06:42 PM
    I'm glad I shared the experience. It really freaked me out. Just got back from the mall. Apple care plus and replaced zagg glass.
    Last edited by Scatabrain; 10-01-2014 at 08:44 PM.
    10-01-2014 08:18 PM
    Nice! I never cried in years but I would have shed a tear if it cracked one me so soon. I'm happy for you that it survived!
    10-01-2014 11:16 PM
    Just reading this post made my stomach weak, happy to hear your baby is doing good lol
    10-02-2014 03:27 AM
    Yeah, it made my stomach turn too just thinking about it. Glad it wasn't the phone that got broken.
    10-02-2014 06:00 AM
    Speaking of the Zagg Glass, it is truly crystal clear and does not mess with the touch screen precision at all? I'm considering it but I was hoping that OP can shed some light on it since he owns one.
    10-02-2014 06:21 AM
    I have the zagg glass and you can't tell it's on there with exception of seeing the edge. Since the glass curves it only covers the flat portion of the screen. Otherwise you can't tell it's there.

10-02-2014 06:29 AM
    I have the zagg glass and you can't tell it's on there with exception of seeing the edge. Since the glass curves it only covers the flat portion of the screen. Otherwise you can't tell it's there.

Well, that's encouraging. Now I need to find a classy flip case.!
    10-02-2014 06:45 AM
    This one is well reviewed.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00N2G...mUvbUpU2354372

This wallet style one has good reviews too.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00N2G...mUvbUpU2354372

Then there's the Spigen wallet case.
    http://www.spigen.com/brands/apple/i...-wallet-s.html

Ahmed S likes this.
    10-02-2014 06:59 AM
    Just remember a flip style case is going to make this phone massive. I had a couple for my Lumia 1520 and only used them on occasion when I went out to avoid carrying a wallet.

10-02-2014 07:01 AM
    One easy method to install the screen protector perfectly aligned is the Hinge method.

You will need, 2 rubber band, tape, cleaning cloth, you can do this where it is dust free.

1. align the screen protector to the phone (do not peel off anything)
    2. wrap the rubber band on top of the phone and on the bottom (this holds the screen protector in place when you try to align)
    3. move the screen protector around until you feel like it's perfectly aligned
    4. tape on one side, which creates the hinge. (Once taped, remove the rubber band)
    5. On the other side, use one tape (acts like a door knob)
    6. Get a cleaning cloth, wipe screen clean, roll up a tape to remove any dust
    7. Peel the side that has adhesive, and apply the screen protector.

There you have it a perfectly aligned screen protector on your device. I used this method using Zagg glass and it worked for me perfectly. Perfectly aligned, and no dust.

You can also search on youtube about the hinge method.
    Last edited by WhiteiPadMini; 10-02-2014 at 10:39 AM.
    pararigger likes this.
    10-02-2014 07:50 AM
    The glass is very clear. I only notice it when the phone is off.

As i had no protection on it yesterday afternoon I could see how much i liked the feel of the glass over the stock glass. I would not have thought that possible. It could be that the stock glass where a screen protector was just removed feels different due to the glue or something. Hard to say. After an hour or so i didn't notice the feel of missing the glass anymore. The big thing to take away was that the feel of the glass is at least as good as the stock screen.

And for me i think it is more finger print resistant then stock.

I would say it cracked very easily but zagg replaced it for free.

Tip: you must present the bad one to get a replacement. A lady in front of me had to repurchase as her little one had pulled it off and lost it. They send the old one back to the company to fulfill replacement program.
    10-02-2014 08:24 AM
    The glass is very clear. I only notice it when the phone is off.

As i had no protection on it yesterday afternoon I could see how much i liked the feel of the glass over the stock glass. I would not have thought that possible. It could be that the stock glass where a screen protector was just removed feels different due to the glue or something. Hard to say. After an hour or so i didn't notice the feel of missing the glass anymore. The big thing to take away was that the feel of the glass is at least as good as the stock screen.

And for me i think it is more finger print resistant then stock.

I would say it cracked very easily but zagg replaced it for free.

Tip: you must present the bad one to get a replacement. A lady in front of me had to repurchase as her little one had pulled it off and lost it. They send the old one back to the company to fulfill replacement program.
    Where did you go to get it replaced for free?

10-02-2014 08:50 AM
    Where did you go to get it replaced for free?

At the mall kiosk. I did pay for install as i stink at it. The glass was free replacement.
    10-02-2014 08:52 AM
    At the mall kiosk. I did pay for install as i stink at it. The glass was free replacement.
    A zagg kiosk? I'm just wondering if mine ever breaks if I'll be able to take it back to best buy to get it replaced.

10-02-2014 08:58 AM
35 12