My Screen! Oh no! Almost had a heart attack..

Chief G-Hawk

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
One easy method to install the screen protector perfectly aligned is the Hinge method.

You will need, 2 rubber band, tape, cleaning cloth, you can do this where it is dust free.

1. align the screen protector to the phone (do not peel off anything)
2. wrap the rubber band on top of the phone and on the bottom (this holds the screen protector in place when you try to align)
3. move the screen protector around until you feel like it's perfectly aligned
4. tape on one side, which creates the hinge. (Once taped, remove the rubber band)
5. On the other side, use one tape (acts like a door knob)
6. Get a cleaning cloth, wipe screen clean, roll up a tape to remove any dust
7. Peel the side that has adhesive, and apply the screen protector.

There you have it a perfectly aligned screen protector on your device. I used this method using Zagg glass and it worked for me perfectly. Perfectly aligned, and no dust.

You can also search on youtube about the hinge method.

Last edited:

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
The glass is very clear. I only notice it when the phone is off.

As i had no protection on it yesterday afternoon I could see how much i liked the feel of the glass over the stock glass. I would not have thought that possible. It could be that the stock glass where a screen protector was just removed feels different due to the glue or something. Hard to say. After an hour or so i didn't notice the feel of missing the glass anymore. The big thing to take away was that the feel of the glass is at least as good as the stock screen.

And for me i think it is more finger print resistant then stock.

I would say it cracked very easily but zagg replaced it for free.

Tip: you must present the bad one to get a replacement. A lady in front of me had to repurchase as her little one had pulled it off and lost it. They send the old one back to the company to fulfill replacement program.

pararigger

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
The glass is very clear. I only notice it when the phone is off.

As i had no protection on it yesterday afternoon I could see how much i liked the feel of the glass over the stock glass. I would not have thought that possible. It could be that the stock glass where a screen protector was just removed feels different due to the glue or something. Hard to say. After an hour or so i didn't notice the feel of missing the glass anymore. The big thing to take away was that the feel of the glass is at least as good as the stock screen.

And for me i think it is more finger print resistant then stock.

I would say it cracked very easily but zagg replaced it for free.

Tip: you must present the bad one to get a replacement. A lady in front of me had to repurchase as her little one had pulled it off and lost it. They send the old one back to the company to fulfill replacement program.

Where did you go to get it replaced for free?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
A zagg kiosk? I'm just wondering if mine ever breaks if I'll be able to take it back to best buy to get it replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. Zagg kiosk. I bought it at the phone store and replaced at zagg. They didn't ask where i purchased it. I just had to provide broken glass.

mfldmike

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Don't need the proof, I was just curious on how bad it cracked and where...was it shattered like safety glass or was it just a crack?

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Cool. It hit the edge of my keyboard and chipped the glass in the edge. There were 2 half moon cracks around that about 3/4" each. No marks on phone at all.

Bradley Spence

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I have had the 6+ for less then 24 hours. Just slipped out of my hands like a slippery fish! Haven't bought apple care yet. Had the case off for some reason - won't be doing that anymore.

Crack! Right on the edge where it must have come in contact with my keyboard.

It appeared to be broken under the Zagg glass. I carefully removed the Zagg.

Phew. It was the Zagg that broke not the phone.

Apple care & new Zagg glass as soon as possible! Yikes.

So happy to hear our products saved your phone. Love hearing stories like this.

worldspy99

Trusted Member
Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
A trick I have doing for years when applying these protectors to keep dust off is turn on the shower (HOT) and close the door. Let it get nice and fogged up in there and then apply. I have never once got dust, etc between the phone and protector.

I happen to have access to a cleanroom so no foggy business for me:)

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I have had the 6+ for less then 24 hours. Just slipped out of my hands like a slippery fish! Haven't bought apple care yet. Had the case off for some reason - won't be doing that anymore.

Crack! Right on the edge where it must have come in contact with my keyboard.

It appeared to be broken under the Zagg glass. I carefully removed the Zagg.

Phew. It was the Zagg that broke not the phone.

Apple care & new Zagg glass as soon as possible! Yikes.

Nice story with a happy ending ...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR