Question for someone making the switch...

Werpleflargan

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Okay, a little about my smartphone history. Had the old droid by moto, finally got an iphone 4s. Loved it, but my eyes didn't. Eventually got a note 2, loved the screen size, don't mind android. Got a 5s and returned it afrer a week due to my eyes, and the lack of a back button was quite an adjustment. Have a note 3 now, does all I need (web, emails, comics, videos) but wish it talked to my iphoto and ipad better. Ordered a 6+ and am really excited, but I want to hear from those who made the switch, is it hard to adjust? I find myself really dependent on that back button, but love the apple ecosystem.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

pararigger

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
I miss my back button from my Lumia 1520, but I'm making due by double pressing the home button to get back to other apps and the on screen button for navigating with in apps. There are other things I miss from my other phone as well but overall I'm enjoying my 6 Plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lyall Demorrow

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
All of the apps that I use, support gestures. So I don't miss the back button at all. I also came from the Note series. You should be fine. :)

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
What are these gestures you speak of?

Swiping from the left to go back. I've yet to use an app that is supports iOS 7 that doesn't support that. It's really better than a back button IMO, and I've used a lot of android phones with them.

Werpleflargan

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Thanks all for the replies! That helps. I love my note, can't talk bad about it. But I really want my Icloud integration back.

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I have been using the iPad 4 for over a year, so I am familiar with how iOS behaves. I love the easy navigation and the simplicity as compared to Android. My ecosystem is primarily on Google....GMail, Google Contacts, Google Calendar, Google Drive, Google Apps, Youtube, etc etc. Ironically, I have found that many of the Google application work better on iOS than on Android devices. After two Android phones and one Android tablet, I am going all Apple and not looking back, and I am much happier.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Okay, a little about my smartphone history. Had the old droid by moto, finally got an iphone 4s. Loved it, but my eyes didn't. Eventually got a note 2, loved the screen size, don't mind android. Got a 5s and returned it afrer a week due to my eyes, and the lack of a back button was quite an adjustment. Have a note 3 now, does all I need (web, emails, comics, videos) but wish it talked to my iphoto and ipad better. Ordered a 6+ and am really excited, but I want to hear from those who made the switch, is it hard to adjust? I find myself really dependent on that back button, but love the apple ecosystem.

Here

pararigger

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Swiping from the left to go back. I've yet to use an app that is supports iOS 7 that doesn't support that. It's really better than a back button IMO, and I've used a lot of android phones with them.

Awesome, thanks. I was oblivious to the existence of the gestures.

njshoregurlz

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I jumped back and forth except my eyes handled the 5s and I had texts on bold texts which helped and made them bigger) the note 2 was great for the time I had it then the HTC one which is the ONE android I did enjoy but it overheated and purple pics so back to iohone I went (iphone 3GS,4,4s) android (note 2 and HTC one) than back to iphone (5s now 6) get the plus definitely for your eyes ️ you should be fine!! I love retina display I can see outside where I had all sorts of issues w the other phones

Vic Rivera

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I really enjoyed the the bigger screens. I have 5" screen now and I don't think I will ever go any smaller.
It just make every thing easier on the eyes and I always use two hands every time I text, email, or edit on my phones. The size of the phone not a big deal for me, simply because I have in my hands all the time.

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking forward to the design of it. Glad to know there are gestures.

Yep. This was introduced with iOS 7. It is far superior than the placement of any dedicated back button to the point of rendering it obsolete. Problem is that not everyone implements the gesture in their apps, so I vote with my wallet. Sadly, Chrome has yet to implement back gestures.