I don't know where to put this...

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
my boyfriend used to have sprint and i never believed him when he said the customer service was awful. how could it be THAT bad? but it is. i went with him to the store with his phone (at the time) that was on it's last leg...they clerk offered to upgrade him to a new one with their pay per month phone plan thingy. BF jumped on it and began the process. halfway through the clerk says "oh...i can't take your upgrade in this store...cause we're in city limits. you have to take it to ___ store..." which was 40 min away. really? i said "well can we get this phone fixed? it just needs a new battery i think" clerk says "yeah...you'll have to send it out to the tech...it'll take about 3 weeks". i said "are you going to give him a loaner phone in the meantime?" clerk says "no...but you could prolly go on ebay and find one..."....really dude?

F0REVERY0UNG-

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I went to another sprint store about an hour and a half away from my house and got the phone. I used the same card with no problems. I'm happy now of course, but still disappointed with the other location.

I've been to a few of the places I frequent with my T-Mobile iPhone 6, and my new Sprint 6 Plus and my Sprint speeds are about the same and better in some cases, so no problem there. I may just be getting good speeds because I'm in LA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F0REVERY0UNG-

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
my boyfriend used to have sprint and i never believed him when he said the customer service was awful. how could it be THAT bad? but it is. i went with him to the store with his phone (at the time) that was on it's last leg...they clerk offered to upgrade him to a new one with their pay per month phone plan thingy. BF jumped on it and began the process. halfway through the clerk says "oh...i can't take your upgrade in this store...cause we're in city limits. you have to take it to ___ store..." which was 40 min away. really? i said "well can we get this phone fixed? it just needs a new battery i think" clerk says "yeah...you'll have to send it out to the tech...it'll take about 3 weeks". i said "are you going to give him a loaner phone in the meantime?" clerk says "no...but you could prolly go on ebay and find one..."....really dude?

Wow, that is shocking, the eBay comment is like a slap in the face.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I LOVE Amex. Always have my back on chargebacks. Even more, I like that when I buy something and return it and get credited back, it's still counted to my points.

If I knew that... I may have already returned some stuff that I don't and won't ever use. Lol.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I also want to thank everyone for their opinions and advice. <3

I definitely wasn't saying it's not true, but there's part of that story we're missing. It could be the salesperson that left it out on what happened.

Was it actually a corporate store or 3rd party? And yes systems did go down, so that could be part of it.

phoon61

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I just posted here, because I needed to vent.
If I had any idea that posters here were jerks like over at macrumors I would have never joined.

Sorry to hear about the bullsh*t you went through with Sprint.

I hope you don't judge this site from a couple people and their idiotic comments, trust me 95% of the people here are great to interact with.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Being totally honest, we're missing something here. Maybe it was left out on purpose on the ops part, but we don't swipe your card and then have input the expiration date. All that needs to be typed in is the CVS which is the 4 security digits on the front for amex and the 3 digits on the back for the other cards.

In fact, even with manual entries, the wrong date would not go through. Would just have you do it again.

I wondered this also. If the wrong expiration date was put in that would be an invalid card. How was it declined and a hold put on it?

Nonetheless I would raise hell. You also have the option of going back to tmobile.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I suppose this is what is meant by "dumbing down of society"....... Remarkable how many of you believe these series of events actually occurred. The OP is trying to get sympathy and validation from you. What actually occurred is something much different.

May have to agree with you here...regarding the events that happened. Just doesn't sound right to me. Oh well...not my money.

F0REVERY0UNG-

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
May have to agree with you here...regarding the events that happened. Just doesn't sound right to me. Oh well...not my money.

Let's just ignore the screenshot posted of my account where Sprint still has money on hold that they shouldn't have.
Yes, I feel the need to come on a message board and make up a story about a multi-billion dollar corporation, that's really going to help me accomplish something, come on.

F0REVERY0UNG-

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Anyway, I got my phone from another Sprint location, using the same card.
I'm very happy!

*goes to make up stories about Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile now*

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I went to another sprint store about an hour and a half away from my house and got the phone. I used the same card with no problems. I'm happy now of course, but still disappointed with the other location.

I've been to a few of the places I frequent with my T-Mobile iPhone 6, and my new Sprint 6 Plus and my Sprint speeds are about the same and better in some cases, so no problem there. I may just be getting good speeds because I'm in LA.

Did you get everything in order with the first store?

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Let's just ignore the screenshot posted of my account where Sprint still has money on hold that they shouldn't have.
Yes, I feel the need to come on a message board and make up a story about a multi-billion dollar corporation, that's really going to help me accomplish something, come on.

I said the events that happened didn't sound right to me. Never said you made up a story. In the end, the situation still sounds crazy whether it happened or not. We weren't there with you so we only know what you tell us.

Screenshot or not, it doesn't affect what I think of the situation.

Anyway...welcome to iMore!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox