I don't know where to put this...

F0REVERY0UNG-

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I'm really upset and just need to get my anger out.
I finally decided to leave T-Mobile for Sprint (in the areas I frequent Sprint is better, very good actually), so I called around and struck gold (silver actually), I found a Sprint with the iPhone 6 Plus in stock. It's a bit away form my house, so I traveled over there and went through the entire process of opening a new account with Sprint. Once it got to the payment part, I pulled out my American Express and swiped it, the employee asked to see my card, so he could input the necessary info on his end and he ended up putting in the wrong date, so the card was declined. Interesting enough Sprint put a hold on the money owed, and it's still on hold, but he got the card declined because he's an *****. I was told to come back tomorrow, which of course upset me, but I was going to go back tomorrow with cash, I just called to make sure they still had the phone and guess what?...... SOLD OUT. I am furious and I had no one to share it with, but you guys.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Wow I would be extremely pissed if that happened to me. They should have put the phone on hold for you at the very least.
Honestly I would not give sprint your business if you can help it.

Sent from my HTC M8

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Only thing I can say.....is that I am not a difficult customer, and having worked in stores myself, I feel for the employees. However, if someone makes a mistake, you should not be responsible for sorting it out. THEY ARE. Tell the manager what happened and simply ask him "so what are you going to do for me to keep me as a customer?". I'm sure he will/should do something.....maybe a nice credit on your purchase or bill. If not, just as for some names and say you will regretfully have to write a letter to corporate, though you wish it didn't have to come to that, because you are only looking to give Sprint your business. No one wants to receive complaints, especially management. Good luck with it !

F0REVERY0UNG-

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Wow I would be extremely pissed if that happened to me. They should have put the phone on hold for you at the very least.
Honestly I would not give sprint your business if you can help it.

Sent from my HTC M8
Yeah, after that massive screw up I won't be dealing with them.

F0REVERY0UNG-

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Only thing I can say.....is that I am not a difficult customer, and having worked in stores myself, I feel for the employees. However, if someone makes a mistake, you should not be responsible for sorting it out. THEY ARE. Tell the manager what happened and simply ask him "so what are you going to do for me to keep me as a customer?". I'm sure he will/should do something.....maybe a nice credit on your purchase or bill. If not, just as for some names and say you will regretfully have to write a letter to corporate, though you wish it didn't have to come to that, because you are only looking to give Sprint your business. No one wants to receive complaints, especially management. Good luck with it !

I spoke with the manager, he said "I'm sorry, there's nothing I can do", which infuriated me.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I'm really upset and just need to get my anger out.
I finally decided to leave T-Mobile for Sprint (in the areas I frequent Sprint is better, very good actually), so I called around and struck gold (silver actually), I found a Sprint with the iPhone 6 Plus in stock. It's a bit away form my house, so I traveled over there and went through the entire process of opening a new account with Sprint. Once it got to the payment part, I pulled out my American Express and swiped it, the employee asked to see my card, so he could input the necessary info on his end and he ended up putting in the wrong date, so the card was declined. Interesting enough Sprint put a hold on the money owed, and it's still on hold, but he got the card declined because he's an *****. I was told to come back tomorrow, which of course upset me, but I was going to go back tomorrow with cash, I just called to make sure they still had the phone and guess what?...... SOLD OUT. I am furious and I had no one to share it with, but you guys.

All I am going to say is that Sprint data is horrendous and almost unusable. In the Portland area that is. However I have friends in Texas and California and they say the same thing. If data speeds is important to you, I would stay away. T-Mobile LTE is awesome and has continually gotten better.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I have not had to deal with Sprint in a few years (by choice), but what I've found is that while data in my area at the time was OK (of course 4G wasn't really available), their customer support was horrible and not helpful at all. If I needed technical support, I often told them what needed to be done (which is sad considering I have never worked at a cellular company). So, while the data I guess was OK (although, the PCS bands they use in my area do not work well, if at all, inside buildings), their customer service is such that I am very thankful I do not have to deal with them any longer.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
If they can't jump through hoops for you as a new customer, they don't deserve your service. That would've sent me over the edge.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Being totally honest, we're missing something here. Maybe it was left out on purpose on the ops part, but we don't swipe your card and then have input the expiration date. All that needs to be typed in is the CVS which is the 4 security digits on the front for amex and the 3 digits on the back for the other cards.

In fact, even with manual entries, the wrong date would not go through. Would just have you do it again.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Being totally honest, we're missing something here. Maybe it was left out on purpose on the ops part, but we don't swipe your card and then have input the expiration date. All that needs to be typed in is the CVS which is the 4 security digits on the front for amex and the 3 digits on the back for the other cards.

In fact, even with manual entries, the wrong date would not go through. Would just have you do it again.

That crossed my mind also because when I swipe cards at my business, there is no need to input an expiration date. It's actually already read once the card is swiped.

05GT

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
You must plan on using a lot of wifi switching over to Sprint. Sorry they screwed up royally processing your transaction.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
That crossed my mind also because when I swipe cards at my business, there is no need to input an expiration date. It's actually already read once the card is swiped.

Yup. If you swipe one with an expired date, it tells you that the expiration date is incorrect or expired.

Also... why not swipe again? It's an amex. I'm not ever scared to get double/triple charged with mine... I know I'll get my money back.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Yup. If you swipe one with an expired date, it tells you that the expiration date is incorrect or expired.

Also... why not swipe again? It's an amex. I'm not ever scared to get double/triple charged with mine... I know I'll get my money back.

I LOVE Amex. Always have my back on chargebacks. Even more, I like that when I buy something and return it and get credited back, it's still counted to my points.

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
If I were you I'd stray away from sprint. I'm surprised the manager did nothing to help regulate the headache you experienced due to their own employees error. They need customers now more than ever as it seems by the constant plan changing.

Art H

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I suppose this is what is meant by "dumbing down of society"....... Remarkable how many of you believe these series of events actually occurred. The OP is trying to get sympathy and validation from you. What actually occurred is something much different.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro