I just posted here, because I needed to vent.
    If I had any idea that posters here were jerks like over at macrumors I would have never joined.
    Ignore the trolls man their everywhere you go.
    10-01-2014 01:39 AM
    Don't really think anyone meant to be a jerk... But guess it happens. A few things it could've been. Was the credit card in the account holders ( your name)? Is it possible a payment to ur card wasn't processed yet and they wouldn't let you charge past a certain amount?? Did they do a credit check and require more of a down payment than room you had in your card? Did you have a past due bill with your previous carrier that hadn't been paid yet?? Any one of these things could screw up your purchase. I'm assuming your name is the account holders name. My best friend had 1 of these issues that stopped transaction from happening to her. My friend didn't find out what happened till she called the next day to customer support. Don't let it drop that easy, a wrong date entered manually from card wouldn't ring true. Call customer support tomorrow, keep escalating till you get an answer. Something is Fishy with what Sprint told you about entering a number wrong... It has to be one of the above issues or maybe they realized the phone they promised you was a preorder already paid for, or it was on hold for someone else. Call tomorrow .. Don't bother going in... Good luck
    10-01-2014 01:50 AM
    Don't really think anyone meant to be a jerk... But guess it happens. A few things it could've been. Was the credit card in the account holders ( your name)? Is it possible a payment to ur card wasn't processed yet and they wouldn't let you charge past a certain amount?? Did they do a credit check and require more of a down payment than room you had in your card? Did you have a past due bill with your previous carrier that hadn't been paid yet?? Any one of these things could screw up your purchase. I'm assuming your name is the account holders name. My best friend had 1 of these issues that stopped transaction from happening to her. My friend didn't find out what happened till she called the next day to customer support. Don't let it drop that easy, a wrong date entered manually from card wouldn't ring true. Call customer support tomorrow, keep escalating till you get an answer. Something is Fishy with what Sprint told you about entering a number wrong... It has to be one of the above issues or maybe they realized the phone they promised you was a preorder already paid for, or it was on hold for someone else. Call tomorrow .. Don't bother going in... Good luck
    Yes, the card is in my name. My spending limit was well over the amount that I was putting on the card, they were only supposed to put $72 on the card, but as you can see from the screenshot I posted they charged a random $105 (which is still well under my limit). I have no past due bill with my current carrier, my bill for this month hasn't even posted yet. It may have very well been an honest mistake on the cashier's part, but as you said it could be one of many reasons. All I can do at this point is call tomorrow and see what's going on.
    10-01-2014 01:59 AM
    I'm not a big internet forum poster, i've really only been here and AndroidCentral, i'm now starting to see that the trolls are on tech forums too. lol
    10-01-2014 02:01 AM
    It sounds to me the sprint man did it on purpose,you don't whip out a good card and it declined ... It's Possible but because of high demand /low supply who knows..! People (I was asked to put out cash to hold my iPhone) & my guess is people did just that!
    Not just sprint I'm saying everywhere
    Last edited by njshoregurlz; 10-01-2014 at 07:34 AM.
    10-01-2014 06:50 AM
    I'm not a big internet forum poster, i've really only been here and AndroidCentral, i'm now starting to see that the trolls are on tech forums too. lol
    Forums are just like Facebook and any other mode of social media in that they expose you to 'everyones' opinions....even the ones you'd rather not hear lol.

I feel for you and I don't think you need to prove every detail to anyone here. What happened sucks, and venting can help ease the disgust.

I hope you stick with our community. We have far more good folks than bad. Thick skin can help at times, but there are many many caring and helpful folks here. I hope you get your new phone soon and get retribution as well!!
    10-01-2014 06:58 AM
    If I had any idea that posters here were jerks like over at macrumors I would have never joined.
    Please don't feel that way. Trust me, iMore welcomed me with open arms. It's a great place. Just know that when venting, people might challenge what you say.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    10-01-2014 08:14 AM
    Hey I enjoyed reading you're post! Sorry about what happened! Don't let the trolls get at you. They are jerks.
    co_mtn_grl and njshoregurlz like this.
    10-01-2014 08:25 AM
    That's weird. When I paid for my 6+ and swiped my card they didn't enter in any information my my security code. I'm thinking they didn't have the phone any longer because they aren't allowed to hold stock.
    Hiri89 and LVMHgirl like this.
    10-01-2014 01:08 PM
    I feel for you buddy...I would have been pretty ticked off if that happened to me! Just keep hounding Sprint like everyone is saying, and hopefully you will get some closure, or at least someone who knows what they are talking about.

This happens with every company...you call 5 times and get 5 different answers, then FINALLY you get someone who is willing to help you and actually cares about the company they work for and the consumer.

And as stated above, this forum is a great place, and the idiots are few and far between...especially once you get to know some of the main members here.
    10-01-2014 04:31 PM
    I get your feeling it isn't fair and it's just wrong and your free to vent
    10-01-2014 04:41 PM
    They're

See trolls are everywhere.
    pararigger likes this.
    10-01-2014 05:06 PM
    They're

touchI don't know where to put this...-imageuploadedbytapatalk1412197838.954549.jpg
    E_Brown likes this.
    10-01-2014 05:10 PM
    Not trying to stick up for sprint, but the sprint store by me yesterday had the systems go down at about 4pm. I was returning a case that I bought and it took about 45 minutes to get the return to go thru. Maybe that was part of the issue. Either way sorry for your loss.
    10-01-2014 05:12 PM
    I don't believe that forever is making up any of this. Not sure why anyone would assume that or have that be the first though. But anyway.....I had another thought. Another instance where an associate might "pretend to" swipe a card is if they feel that the credit card is fake or there is something suspicious. That, or what others are saying, they might not have even had the phone and screwed up. Regardless, they owe you. Hopefully this works out ok for you (and sorry you've had to deal with a tough crowd here when you just came to explain/vent. I've been here only a week or so and have had nice responses by many people, so I've been lucky I guess)
    Hiri89 likes this.
    10-01-2014 05:16 PM
    my boyfriend used to have sprint and i never believed him when he said the customer service was awful. how could it be THAT bad? but it is. i went with him to the store with his phone (at the time) that was on it's last leg...they clerk offered to upgrade him to a new one with their pay per month phone plan thingy. BF jumped on it and began the process. halfway through the clerk says "oh...i can't take your upgrade in this store...cause we're in city limits. you have to take it to ___ store..." which was 40 min away. really? i said "well can we get this phone fixed? it just needs a new battery i think" clerk says "yeah...you'll have to send it out to the tech...it'll take about 3 weeks". i said "are you going to give him a loaner phone in the meantime?" clerk says "no...but you could prolly go on ebay and find one..."....really dude?
    Hiri89 likes this.
    10-01-2014 05:28 PM
    I went to another sprint store about an hour and a half away from my house and got the phone. I used the same card with no problems. I'm happy now of course, but still disappointed with the other location.

I've been to a few of the places I frequent with my T-Mobile iPhone 6, and my new Sprint 6 Plus and my Sprint speeds are about the same and better in some cases, so no problem there. I may just be getting good speeds because I'm in LA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-01-2014 05:30 PM
    I also want to thank everyone for their opinions and advice. <3

E_Brown and Lesawags like this.
    10-01-2014 05:31 PM
    my boyfriend used to have sprint and i never believed him when he said the customer service was awful. how could it be THAT bad? but it is. i went with him to the store with his phone (at the time) that was on it's last leg...they clerk offered to upgrade him to a new one with their pay per month phone plan thingy. BF jumped on it and began the process. halfway through the clerk says "oh...i can't take your upgrade in this store...cause we're in city limits. you have to take it to ___ store..." which was 40 min away. really? i said "well can we get this phone fixed? it just needs a new battery i think" clerk says "yeah...you'll have to send it out to the tech...it'll take about 3 weeks". i said "are you going to give him a loaner phone in the meantime?" clerk says "no...but you could prolly go on ebay and find one..."....really dude?
    Wow, that is shocking, the eBay comment is like a slap in the face.

Hiri89 likes this.
    10-01-2014 05:54 PM
    I LOVE Amex. Always have my back on chargebacks. Even more, I like that when I buy something and return it and get credited back, it's still counted to my points.
    If I knew that... I may have already returned some stuff that I don't and won't ever use. Lol.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    10-01-2014 11:55 PM
    I also want to thank everyone for their opinions and advice. <3

I definitely wasn't saying it's not true, but there's part of that story we're missing. It could be the salesperson that left it out on what happened.

Was it actually a corporate store or 3rd party? And yes systems did go down, so that could be part of it.
    10-02-2014 12:06 AM
    They're

See, trolls are everywhere.

Yes they are.

iTechHead likes this.
    10-02-2014 02:30 AM
    See, trolls are everywhere.

Yes they are.

*High Fives*
    pararigger likes this.
    10-02-2014 02:36 AM
    Sorry to hear about the bullsh*t you went through with Sprint.

I hope you don't judge this site from a couple people and their idiotic comments, trust me 95% of the people here are great to interact with.
    10-02-2014 05:09 PM
    Being totally honest, we're missing something here. Maybe it was left out on purpose on the ops part, but we don't swipe your card and then have input the expiration date. All that needs to be typed in is the CVS which is the 4 security digits on the front for amex and the 3 digits on the back for the other cards.

In fact, even with manual entries, the wrong date would not go through. Would just have you do it again.
    I wondered this also. If the wrong expiration date was put in that would be an invalid card. How was it declined and a hold put on it?

Nonetheless I would raise hell. You also have the option of going back to tmobile.
    10-02-2014 08:24 PM
57 123