How are you adapting to the power button being on the side now?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
There's a thread like this in the iPhone 6 forum. But I thought I'd ask it here since it's a bigger device.

I thought I wouldn't be able it adapt quickly, but i was wrong. I haven't had any muscle memory habits coming from years of previous iPhones. I have caught myself a couple of times trying to power off my iPad mini from the side.

You guys and gals?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
There's a thread like this in the iPhone 6 forum. But I thought I'd ask it here since it's a bigger device.

I thought I wouldn't be able it adapt quickly, but i was wrong. I haven't had any muscle memory habits coming from years of previous iPhones. I have caught myself a couple of times trying to power off my iPad mini from the side.

You guys and gals?

No worries for me. It took about a day or so.

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I hate the power button's location! I'm left handed and I end up turning the volume up/down with my thumb as I use it. Terrible location for a button, especially on a larger phone. Please reconsider moving the button to the top of the phone, Apple!

TheFirm

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm fine with it, it could be a little lower, however I'm pretty fine with the placement.

Sent from my 128gb iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk via Sprint Spark

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site

You guys and gals?

I actually like it much better on the side vs the top. I have not run into issues and I have not attempted to trigger it on the top.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I'm getting used to it, but I still find myself reaching for the top a lot. What bothers me more is that the power button is directly across from volume buttons. Getting leverage to push the button usually results in a volume up/down press instead. It's kind of annoying. I appreciate the symmetry, but it's not the best for usability for me.

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting used to it, but I still find myself reaching for the top a lot. What bothers me more is that the power button is directly across from volume buttons. Getting leverage to push the button usually results in a volume up/down press instead. It's kind of annoying. I appreciate the symmetry, but it's not the best for usability for me.

Exactly what I was thinking, but you said it better lol. Several times I've hit the button on the wrong side when trying to hit the one on the other. Like I said earlier though, the most annoying thing about it for me is when taking screenshots. I usually end up shutting off the display a couple times before I successfully take the screenshot, or I lower the volume, then turn off the display in the process

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
It's a little hard for screenshots but I'm adjusting, if it was just about an inch lower I think it would be better, too much of hitting the volume up button when I go to use it, but I'm adjusting nonetheless

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Biggest fail was taking a pic in landscape and using volume button my bottom finger pressed power button by accident for support to push top to take a pic lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2