Has anyone experienced any audio pop/crackling with the iPhone 6+ using audio out through the lightning port in their car?

Have hooked up our iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ and iPad mini with the lightning connector to the audio input of the car (via USB) and we're getting consistent pops/crackling with the 6+. When we use bluetooth streaming with the 6+ the pop/crackling goes away. (The sound quality in the car with all devices is better through the lightning connector, so that's our preferred setup.)

I thought that we possibly had a defective iPhone 6+, but then I tried it in two of our iHome clock radios and there's no audible pop/crackling when getting audio through the lightning port.

I also thought maybe something with the iPhone 6+ radios was causing the interference, but I tried it in airplane mode this morning and I"m still getting the pop/crackling.

Any ideas as to what's going on?
    09-29-2014 12:15 PM
    Could the USB part of the lightning connector be damaged or faulty? Have you tried using a different lightning cable?
    PatrickNSF likes this.
    09-29-2014 01:39 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion. Will try a different cable, though this cable is working with the regular 6 and the iPad mini.
    09-29-2014 02:10 PM
    Could the USB part of the lightning connector be damaged or faulty? Have you tried using a different lightning cable?
    Great suggestion. Tried a different cable and the pop/cracking went away. Then tried the original cable but removed the Belkin USB extension cable I was using and it works perfectly. All I can figure is that there must be something in the length of the combined cable (or the Belkin cable itself) that was causing the issue. Odd that it never surfaced with the iPhone 6 or the iPad mini, but happy to have it figured out.

Thanks again
    09-29-2014 02:40 PM
    Great suggestion. Tried a different cable and the pop/cracking went away. Then tried the original cable but removed the Belkin USB extension cable I was using and it works perfectly. All I can figure is that there must be something in the length of the combined cable (or the Belkin cable itself) that was causing the issue. Odd that it never surfaced with the iPhone 6 or the iPad mini, but happy to have it figured out.

Thanks again
    You're very welcome....
    PatrickNSF likes this.
    09-29-2014 02:43 PM
    I have had an issue with sound quality while connected to my cars Bluetooth. It just happens every 4th or 5th call. I have to hang up and redial.
    10-02-2014 10:20 PM