Kenu airframe. Small...easy to use.
    I use a kenu with my 6+
    darmac likes this.
    09-30-2014 12:28 AM
    Will the iOttie fit the 6 Plus? In a thin case?

I'm currently using the Proclip vent mount for my 4S, and like it. I like how it doesn't obstruct the windshield (which already has a GPS). So that's an option, too. I'm already loving Hey Siri.
    09-30-2014 07:51 AM

I'm currently using the Proclip vent mount for my 4S, and like it. I like how it doesn't obstruct the windshield (which already has a GPS). So that's an option, too. I'm already loving Hey Siri.
    If you order the largest one, yes. I have the one for the note 2 and I could probably put a little bit bigger case on it. Have the incipio dual pro right now. It definitely fits though.

Sent from my Sensationally Silver 16 GB iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    Nanci likes this.
    09-30-2014 08:01 AM
    Anyone have pictures of car mounts in use? I think I'd like one but I'm still on the fence.

I keep trying to find a spot for my 6 plus in my car but haven't found a convenient place, yet.
    09-30-2014 06:31 PM
    Anyone have pictures of car mounts in use? I think I'd like one but I'm still on the fence.

I keep trying to find a spot for my 6 plus in my car but haven't found a convenient place, yet.
    Well the only camera I have IS my phone, but I find I like mine mounted on the left hand side of the steering wheel. I'll send a pic along in a few as I'm heading that way.

IIJBII likes this.
    09-30-2014 06:43 PM
    This is how I have mine. Best place for me. Doesn't obstruct, but can get to it if I'm using GPS.

Sent from my Sensationally Silver 16 GB iPhone 6 Plus using TapatalkCar Mounts............. What are you using?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1412118725.845189.jpgCar Mounts............. What are you using?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1412118741.664114.jpg
    Last edited by zachpenguin; 09-30-2014 at 07:12 PM.
    09-30-2014 06:55 PM
    This is how I have mine. Best place for me. Doesn't obstruct, but can get to it if I'm using GPS.

Sent from my Sensationally Silver 16 GB iPhone 6 Plus using TapatalkClick image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412118725.845189.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	207.5 KB 
ID:	66902Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412118741.664114.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	206.9 KB 
ID:	66904
    Thanks for the pictures. What mount is that? It looks like a universal mount?
    09-30-2014 07:50 PM
    Thanks for the pictures. What mount is that? It looks like a universal mount?
    It's the iOttie. Bought it when I was considering the note 2. Love having a universal though. I had one specifically for my 4 with an Otterbox and hated that I couldn't use it without the Otterbox. Have used this one for 2 years now and it's still going strong.

IIJBII likes this.
    09-30-2014 07:52 PM
    Arion mega grip that I've had for over three years. Using the vent mount.
    10-01-2014 02:01 PM
    Car Mounts............. What are you using?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1412207395.990508.jpg

Picked this up at Walmart for five bucks. I got tired of buying a new mount for almost every phone (and I change phones a lot). So far it's held phones ranging in size from the iPhone 4 to the Lumia 1520 (6" screen) with no problems. I've used it hanging from my mirror and air vent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-01-2014 07:53 PM
    Another vote for the Kenu Airframe+.

It works great on my 2006 Mini Cooper. I put it in the vent just to the right of the steering wheel. It holds the phone up high where I see incoming notifications without distraction while I drive.

It's so easy to remove that I think it will fall out of the vent. However, it has never fallen in the few days I have used this larger model and never fell out during the 6 months I used the smaller model for my iPhone 5s. And my little car drives rough over bumps and around curves.

I love it and the think it has made me a safer driver because I'm not tempted to fumble with my phone while driving. For $30 it seems pretty pricey for what it is, but I haven't found a better, unobtrusive mount for my little car.
    10-04-2014 04:06 PM
    Been using my GripGo for a year now and still loving it!

Thread I posted a while back (works just as well with the 6):

http://forums.imore.com/showthread.php?t=265166
    10-06-2014 09:46 PM

I have the iottie 2 and it works fine with the plus in a thin case. Might be able to fit in the Otterbox but I don't think it would be secure, my friend's note wasn't

10-06-2014 10:39 PM
    I have the iottie 2 and it works fine with the plus in a thin case. Might be able to fit in the Otterbox but I don't think it would be secure, my friend's note wasn't

Not that I have an Otterbox to test, but my phone in a leather wallet case is sitting pretty secure. I would totally trust it. I do give the holders for the side a little extra squeeze just to make sure.

10-07-2014 06:13 AM
    Been using ProClips since 2010, and love them. Fit in each car with easy installation and no suction cups!

I took an older suction cup mount I had with a magnet mount apart. The magnet is now mounted directly to my ProClip bracket in my Audi A4. Just hide the metal plate — mine is behind a Spigen Neo Hybrid case from Amazon.

Super nice to have it mounted by the media center in the car with no clips showing. The magnet is still strong enough to hold my 6 Plus.
    10-08-2014 04:24 PM
    Been using ProClips since 2010, and love them. Fit in each car with easy installation and no suction cups!

I took an older suction cup mount I had with a magnet mount apart. The magnet is now mounted directly to my ProClip bracket in my Audi A4. Just hide the metal plate — mine is behind a Spigen Neo Hybrid case from Amazon.

Super nice to have it mounted by the media center in the car with no clips showing. The magnet is still strong enough to hold my 6 Plus.

Same here. ProClip, although a little spendy looks great and doesn't look cheap like most of the universal ones out there.

Apple iPhone 6 Plus With A Case Adjustable Holder for Small to Medium Cases. - ProClip USA

I have this one for my iPhone 5S and paired with a Bracketron it looks nice and clean right next to my radio.
    10-08-2014 05:10 PM
    Has anyone tried the iMagnet? I really like the idea, but the size of the plus concerns me, especially if case thickness affects it's effectiveness
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008IO...mUvbUpU2360990
    tritan likes this.
    10-08-2014 07:11 PM
    I've had this bad-boy for about a week and it's by far the best car mount I've ever owned. It houses my 6+ like a dream. I would definitely recommend.

zachpenguin and tritan like this.
    10-13-2014 11:06 PM
    Cup holder...or passenger seat.
    10-14-2014 12:57 AM
    After using my cup holder, dashboard and suction mounted window holder for my 4 I knew what I had wouldn't work for my 6+ so I picked up a Satechi Universal Smartphone CD Slot Mount from Amazon and consider me impressed. It fits my 6+ w/Spigen SA kick stand case with no issues. The mount was already snug, as is, when locked in the CD slot but I decided to add the smallest sized adapter and it's on super secure. Spring loaded holder keeps the 6+ nice and snug and there's no play when the phone is in. It easily rotates from landscape to portrait mode and tilts just enough up/down/left/right to get the angle the way you like. I doubly like it because it also frees up my cup holders, dashboard and I keep it off my window. It's setup right in the middle of my 09 Camry and you're even able to share the love of the 6+ with whoever is riding on the passenger seat. If you have a cd player that you don't use, like me, this one works quite well.
    10-14-2014 01:34 AM
    I've had this one for about a year and it still works great!

iOttie HLCRIO102 One Touch Windshield Dashboard Universal Car Mount... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007FHX9OK/...mUvbUpU2365950
    10-14-2014 02:19 AM
    ..One thing I can say is the kind that can hook up to the AC vent or something would be better instead of those ones that stick to the windshield. No matter how low they are, they obstruct view. ..
    I use this.

Amazon.com: Tetrax (T10200) SMART Smartphone/iPhone/GPS Dashboard Mount Magnetic Holder: Automotive
    10-14-2014 03:45 AM
    I have the original iOttie which someone else has already posted, but its just way to tight with the 6+. I love the iOttie and hate it doesn't work.

I also have a Bracketron Cup Holder mount which I got for my F150 but it doesn't work in my new vehicle. It works with 6+ just fine though

Car Mounts............. What are you using?-cup-it_1.jpg
    techvols likes this.
    10-15-2014 11:44 AM
    Have you tried the iOttie One Touch XL ? It might work or is the, One Touch XL the original?
    10-15-2014 03:18 PM
    Thanks for the heads up! Works great on my Audi TT

Another vote for the Kenu Airframe+.

It works great on my 2006 Mini Cooper. I put it in the vent just to the right of the steering wheel. It holds the phone up high where I see incoming notifications without distraction while I drive.

It's so easy to remove that I think it will fall out of the vent. However, it has never fallen in the few days I have used this larger model and never fell out during the 6 months I used the smaller model for my iPhone 5s. And my little car drives rough over bumps and around curves.

I love it and the think it has made me a safer driver because I'm not tempted to fumble with my phone while driving. For $30 it seems pretty pricey for what it is, but I haven't found a better, unobtrusive mount for my little car.
    10-15-2014 04:24 PM
94 1234