It seems like a waste of such gorgeous screen. Rather than up scaling iPhone apps for 6+, they should down scale iPad apps for iPhone 6+.
    11-15-2014 03:42 PM
    I'm loving the new update for Tapatalk
    I just got the update today and it definitely looks awesome on the 6 Plus now.

Sent from my 128GB iPhone 6 + using Tapatalk.
    11-15-2014 08:26 PM
    Looks good. Just wish they would have the split screen on the 6 plus like on the iPad.

Sent from my AWESOME iPhone 6 Plus, using Tapatalk of course.
    I think this feature will come in time for the 6 Plus.

Sent from my 128GB iPhone 6 + using Tapatalk.
    11-15-2014 08:27 PM
    IM+ got updated.
    12-02-2014 10:33 AM
    IM+ got updated.
    What do you use that for? I'm not familiar with it.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    12-02-2014 11:26 AM
    What do you use that for? I'm not familiar with it.

Instant messaging for multiple accounts. Works like Beejive, only with a competent developer behind it.
    12-02-2014 01:19 PM
    Instant messaging for multiple accounts. Works like Beejive, only with a competent developer behind it.
    Accounts for what? Messaging apps like WhatsApp and SnapChat?

12-02-2014 01:38 PM
    Accounts for what? Messaging apps like WhatsApp and SnapChat?

Gtalk, Windows Live messenger, etc.
    12-02-2014 01:39 PM
    Gtalk, Windows Live messenger, etc.
    Thanks. I wouldn't have any use for that. All I use is iMessage and Facebook Messenger.

12-02-2014 01:42 PM
    There are still quite a few apps not updated. Paid $6.99 + tax for an app and ended up putting in for a refund, which I put in for immediately upon seeing it. I didn't even bother checking if it worked. That's just too much money for an app that the devs haven't even bothered to update properly.

The best way Apple can force deva to update would be to make the apps not show up in the App Store on the phone if it isn't optimized for it and the user hasn't already paid for it.

Android doesn't have this issue because the OS already scales apps properly regardless of screen size. Only the graphical assets are a huge issue there.

It's hard to complain about free apps, but paid apps and those with lots of IAP really need to be updating their apps.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    12-02-2014 03:48 PM
    There are still quite a few apps not updated. Paid $6.99 + tax for an app and ended up putting in for a refund, which I put in for immediately upon seeing it. I didn't even bother checking if it worked. That's just too much money for an app that the devs haven't even bothered to update properly.

The best way Apple can force deva to update would be to make the apps not show up in the App Store on the phone if it isn't optimized for it and the user hasn't already paid for it.

Android doesn't have this issue because the OS already scales apps properly regardless of screen size. Only the graphical assets are a huge issue there.

It's hard to complain about free apps, but paid apps and those with lots of IAP really need to be updating their apps.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    Isn't that a bit harsh? The Devs are working on their apps and more get updated everyday. Most of the ones I use have been updated and not only did the Devs update the resolution, but they added functionality. I am guessing that as time goes by more and more apps will be updated. I am sure most Devs don't have teams and teams of developers working around the clock to update their apps.

I would say if you are that against using an app that is not optimized, check the AppStore for the last update time and read the Whats new sections to see if the apps are updated.
    12-02-2014 04:01 PM
    IM+ got updated.
    Used to be a big users of IM+, but as the years go by AIM and Yahoo messenger are used less and less. Between iMessage and FB Messenger you can pretty much hit everyone

BUT... I still have it installed and it looks great...
    12-02-2014 04:02 PM
    Fitbit was updated today and looks great on the 6+
    12-02-2014 04:03 PM
    Isn't that a bit harsh? The Devs are working on their apps and more get updated everyday. Most of the ones I use have been updated and not only did the Devs update the resolution, but they added functionality. I am guessing that as time goes by more and more apps will be updated. I am sure most Devs don't have teams and teams of developers working around the clock to update their apps.

I would say if you are that against using an app that is not optimized, check the AppStore for the last update time and read the Whats new sections to see if the apps are updated.
    No. That's too damn expensive to wait. I'll use it to buy apps from devs that are more on the ball, thank you.

Developers get paid when I buy their apps so no. I'm not being harsh at all. I've already stated free apps aren't really what I'm talking about.

Before adding functionality the devs need to make the app display properly. It can bake cakes for me, but if it's an eyesore it's not worth my money.
    Andrawer likes this.
    12-02-2014 04:09 PM
    Spotify
    12-11-2014 12:53 PM
    Time to reopen this thread.

Are most major apps optimized for the 6 plus screen size now?
    09-22-2015 09:25 AM
    Most apps seem to have been updated at this point but there are still some that have not been optimized for the larger screen yet, despite having received multiple updates in the past few months. The ones I use regularly are Income OK and the Mi Band app.
    09-22-2015 12:43 PM
    Time to reopen this thread.

Are most major apps optimized for the 6 plus screen size now?
    "Most", as in more than 50%, probably are... but I still see a few of my "go to" apps that aren't yet updated.
    09-22-2015 12:46 PM
    09-22-2015 03:11 PM
    09-22-2015 03:12 PM
    09-22-2015 03:13 PM
    09-22-2015 03:13 PM
    Apps look ugly on the 6 Plus. Why is Apple not encouraging developers to update their screen sizes?-imoreappimg_20150922_151450.jpg
    My old theme.
    09-22-2015 03:15 PM
    {images redacted}
    Appreciate your enthusiasm, but why are you posting jailbroken screenshots in a a thread about apps being/not being optimized for iPhone 6/6 Plus?
    Spencerdl, jpgti, donemt and 3 others like this.
    09-22-2015 03:16 PM
    Point is... Its not apps that are ugly or not being optimized its the limitation of apple not allowing it to happen. Developers are limited on unjailbroken phones. Jailbreak community has unlimited variations for theme, app icon sizes, shapes and colors as well as widgets. Blame apple not the developers for optimization freedom. Apps look ugly on the 6 Plus. Why is Apple not encouraging developers to update their screen sizes?-imoreappimg_20150922_153158.jpg
    09-22-2015 03:35 PM
155 ... 4567