The Reddit app as well is still only optimized for the 3.5" screen. Luckily here are of third party Reddit apps that are optimized for the 6/6P already.
    Do you use Alien blue?
    09-30-2014 03:42 PM
    Do you use Alien blue?
    Yep
    09-30-2014 03:43 PM
    Yep
    Has always been an awesome app.
    09-30-2014 03:44 PM
    Has always been an awesome app.
    I've dabbled with a few other reedit clients but always come back to it.
    09-30-2014 03:44 PM
    I've dabbled with a few other reedit clients but always come back to it.
    Enjoy reading stuff in that app, but have the hardest time finding what you post yourself.
    09-30-2014 05:13 PM
    Enjoy reading stuff in that app, but have the hardest time finding what you post yourself.
    I just lurk on reddit so it works for me.
    09-30-2014 05:17 PM
    Facebook Messenger got updated, finally Facebook is aware of how ugly their apps are on the 6 Plus!

Attachment 66774

It now looks really good! Can't wait for the other apps.
    That makes me wonder though. It says updated for the iPhone 6...does that mean it isn't technically optimized for the 6+ screen and resolution? Anyone able to confirm how the app looks on the 6+?

Two reasons I am concerned and haven't updated to a new iPhone yet is because I am a fitness junkie and I am not sure if the 6+ is too big of a phone to go on runs with and workout with (anyone have any insight or feedback on this?) and secondly the fact that I am not 100% sure that all developers will develop their apps to take advantage of the 6+ screen. Not that I want the landscape mode with two scrolling screens, but at least apps that are optimized to take advantage of the beautiful 6+ display!
    09-30-2014 09:34 PM
    the problem is also that Apple updated the developer's iTunes Connect and surely messed it up! Lots of bugs! And because all the developers need to update, and they only have like 40 reviewers I read online who do the App reviews.... some of my app updates have been sitting "In Review" status for 4-7 days, when it used to be HOURS from In Review to Ready for Sale. Sometimes, we'll upload updates and they won't even APPEAR in the account to be attached for hours. As a developer, I've already griped to Apple directly and tweeted about it, lol. Steve Jobs is rolling in his grave!!
    M.Rizk likes this.
    09-30-2014 10:54 PM
    That makes me wonder though. It says updated for the iPhone 6...does that mean it isn't technically optimized for the 6+ screen and resolution? Anyone able to confirm how the app looks on the 6+?

Two reasons I am concerned and haven't updated to a new iPhone yet is because I am a fitness junkie and I am not sure if the 6+ is too big of a phone to go on runs with and workout with (anyone have any insight or feedback on this?) and secondly the fact that I am not 100% sure that all developers will develop their apps to take advantage of the 6+ screen. Not that I want the landscape mode with two scrolling screens, but at least apps that are optimized to take advantage of the beautiful 6+ display!
    It is optimized for iPhone 6 Plus, don't worry. Most people call the 6 Plus as iPhone 6.

Here is a screenshot
    Apps look ugly on the 6 Plus. Why is Apple not encouraging developers to update their screen sizes?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1412170558.618828.jpg
    10-01-2014 09:36 AM
    also, from a developer's point of view, YES i want to update all my apps because 1 - it's messed up a lot of our buttons, and i don't like things to look ugly either! and 2 - they've added new screen sizes so we have to put new screenshots and whatnot. so yes, i believe most apps that are still maintained by their devs WILL update, always. to fit apple's latest devices.
    Last edited by ocus; 10-01-2014 at 11:14 AM.
    10-01-2014 10:09 AM
    Instagram just got its second update after iOS 8 and still it's not compatible with iPhone 6, or 6 Plus! Apparently the team behind Instagram app for iOS is finding the app ok!
    10-01-2014 02:25 PM
    Instagram just got its second update after iOS 8 and still it's not compatible with iPhone 6, or 6 Plus! Apparently the team behind Instagram app for iOS is finding the app ok!
    That is nuts. Especially for a popular app and a company that has the time and resources to update it.
    10-01-2014 02:40 PM
    That's what happens when you are owned by a company like Facebook. Facebook, I heard, pushed out version 15.0 this week with no iPhone 6 support.

Contact the developers about the situation or just deal with being an early adopter of a product.

Meanwhile, Tweetbot got iPhone 6(Plus) support today, interactive notifications, and 1password extensibility.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    10-01-2014 02:49 PM
    That's what happens when you are owned by a company like Facebook. Facebook, I heard, pushed out version 15.0 this week with no iPhone 6 support.

Contact the developers about the situation or just deal with being an early adopter of a product.

Meanwhile, Tweetbot got iPhone 6(Plus) support today, interactive notifications, and 1password extensibility.
    So, to summarize: Tweetbot rocks. Facebook (and all it’s holdings) sucks.
    10-01-2014 03:58 PM
    also is it just me...or does that not look as "terribly awful" as OP is suggesting?
    It's the new fad design no one can read or see. I emailed the developer for the app, Facetune, because I could not read it. Their reply referred to it as the "New Design Sensibilities". So washed out very light gray printed text is the big thing. I had another word for it, but I kept it to myself.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    10-01-2014 04:22 PM
    Funny thing is that new hyperlapse by instgram/Facebook is updated. 😂
    10-02-2014 05:26 AM
    the problem is also that Apple updated the developer's iTunes Connect and surely messed it up! Lots of bugs! And because all the developers need to update, and they only have like 40 reviewers I read online who do the App reviews.... some of my app updates have been sitting "In Review" status for 4-7 days, when it used to be HOURS from In Review to Ready for Sale. Sometimes, we'll upload updates and they won't even APPEAR in the account to be attached for hours. As a developer, I've already griped to Apple directly and tweeted about it, lol. Steve Jobs is rolling in his grave!!
    It has been 4-7 days for review for awhile. Its 10+ right now due to large amount of updates. I have seen hours as a fluke.
    10-02-2014 08:44 AM
    Also Apple was not just hiding the two new phone sizes they are also telling devs to get used to other resolutions in the future so apps will be ready for any new device launches and minimizing feedback from users as in this discussion.
    10-02-2014 08:48 AM
    Is the imore app updated?
    10-02-2014 08:47 PM
    Is the imore app updated?
    Nope, none of the two apps (blog and forums)

Apps look ugly on the 6 Plus. Why is Apple not encouraging developers to update their screen sizes?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1412297285.845755.jpg
    Apps look ugly on the 6 Plus. Why is Apple not encouraging developers to update their screen sizes?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1412297297.183320.jpg
    10-02-2014 08:48 PM
    Man. Love the new phone but going from optimized apps to none is rough lol
    M.Rizk likes this.
    10-02-2014 08:49 PM
    Man. Love the new phone but going from optimized apps to none is rough lol
    I know well there is nothing that iMore can do regarding the forum apps as its provided by Tapatalk and won't be updated till Tapatalk update theirs, but the blog app is totally their own as far as I know, not sure what they are waiting for too.
    10-02-2014 08:50 PM
    Maybe they're not waiting. Maybe they're developing. As are plenty of other developers. To insinuate that app developers are sitting on their hands doing nothing only helps to p*ss them off.

You ask for Apple to encourage developers yet you're discouraging them with these remarks.
    anaphora68 and ladyc0524 like this.
    10-02-2014 08:54 PM
    This. This, this, this!

Stop complaining about developers not updating your app in a timely manner. If you don't like the way Facebook looks, browse on Safari for the time being.

Past that, put your phone down, go outside, and do something productive instead of griping on a web forum about how your favorite app hasn't been updated yet.

Coding is not easy. It's not like Facebook has multiple mobile platforms to support, or a website to run.

Maybe they're not waiting. Maybe they're developing. As are plenty of other developers. To insinuate that app developers are sitting on their hands doing nothing only helps to p*ss them off.

You ask for Apple to encourage developers yet you're discouraging them with these remarks.
    10-02-2014 09:44 PM
    I do agree. Having the apps not optimized for the larger screens (it's an issue with the 6, too) isn't the best experience but at least they work and function. I don't mind the zoom as much as the two black bars on my apps when I waited for them to update for the iPhone 5.

Be patient, submit feedback, and they'll come along when they're ready.
    10-02-2014 10:12 PM
155 12345 ...