Trading the 6+ for the 6

ashley108

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I got my 6 plus and I think it's a little too big for me so I want to switch it out. When I first ordered it the guy told me I can just bring it into the store and swap it out. Then another t-mobile worker told me I have to call customer care since I got it shipped to my house. Called customer care and they told me I go into the store to do an exchange. So confusing and irritating getting different answers.

Anyone do an exchange or have any insight on this? 😁

Hansana

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I got my 6 plus and I think it's a little too big for me so I want to switch it out. When I first ordered it the guy told me I can just bring it into the store and swap it out. Then another t-mobile worker told me I have to call customer care since I got it shipped to my house. Called customer care and they told me I go into the store to do an exchange. So confusing and irritating getting different answers.

Anyone do an exchange or have any insight on this?

Just.... Don't. You WILL regret it

ashley108

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
It's not that different from the 5 or the 5S. Bigger is always better. Excellent battery life and a gorgeous screen. What's not to love?

Yeah I love it. It's just I had stopped to sit and play with my moms 6 and I liked it a lot. It felt better in my hands. I went out last night and the phone was a bit of an inconvenience especially when I was pretty buzzed lol

Hansana

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I love it. It's just I had stopped to sit and play with my moms 6 and I liked it a lot. It felt better in my hands. I went out last night and the phone was a bit of an inconvenience especially when I was pretty buzzed lol

Yeah I know what you mean. 6 is very handy. Go for it :) what's the model you have? Why don't you trade it for 6 and some cash? I'm sure there are enough of people trying to get their hand on a 6+

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

Anyone do an exchange or have any insight on this? 

I have never had TMobile, but if they are like any other carrier, you should have a number of days (I have 14 with Verizon) to return the phone and either do an exchange, or cancel everything all together, pay a restock fee (Verizon is $35) and basically start over.

Other thing you could try is listing it on eBay to see what you could get for it. I sold mine (128GB) for just under $1500. But, it can be a hassle and eBay still gets their 9% and Paypal gets their 3%. Going to TMobile and exchanging would probably be much easier.

ashley108

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I have never had TMobile, but if they are like any other carrier, you should have a number of days (I have 14 with Verizon) to return the phone and either do an exchange, or cancel everything all together, pay a restock fee (Verizon is $35) and basically start over.

Other thing you could try is listing it on eBay to see what you could get for it. I sold mine (128GB) for just under $1500. But, it can be a hassle and eBay still gets their 9% and Paypal gets their 3%. Going to TMobile and exchanging would probably be much easier.

Yeah I have to pay a restocking fee on $50. But my phone is malfunctioning so they said they'd waive the fee and give me $100 back which is all I paid for the phone so It'll be like a free upgrade. That's exactly what the rep on customer care told me but one of the guys at the store said I gotta do it over the phone

ashley108

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I know what you mean. 6 is very handy. Go for it :) what's the model you have? Why don't you trade it for 6 and some cash? I'm sure there are enough of people trying to get their hand on a 6+

I have the gold 64 gig. But I didn't pay full price. Only $99 down for the phone.

ChrisJ1

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
As a girl who is in her 20's and it's all about Message, Calling, getting drunk, using dresses, using skinny jeans even short shorts, going out and a lot of other reasons. I would get the 6 not the 6+! It would be a total inconvenience. And I know girls don't really care about specs, or maybe you do! But I'm sure you won't find the screen different at all. They both look the same, yes one is bigger than the other one, but other than that, I think the 6 will fit your needs even more!

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I have to pay a restocking fee on $50. But my phone is malfunctioning so they said they'd waive the fee and give me $100 back which is all I paid for the phone so It'll be like a free upgrade. That's exactly what the rep on customer care told me but one of the guys at the store said I gotta do it over the phone

Ask a couple of different store reps before you force yourself to do it over the phone. Not saying they aren't right, but I have also found that if you ask 5 different carrier reps a question, you will get five different answers lol

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
As a girl who is in her 20's and it's all about Message, Calling, getting drunk, using dresses, using skinny jeans even short shorts, going out and a lot of other reasons. I would get the 6 not the 6+! It would be a total inconvenience. And I know girls don't really care about specs, or maybe you do! But I'm sure you won't find the screen different at all. They both look the same, yes one is bigger than the other one, but other than that, I think the 6 will fit your needs even more!

This might be the most hilariously generalized non-trolling comment I've ever read here.

My wife would laugh at your idea that girls don't care about specs...

ashley108

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Ask a couple of different store reps before you force yourself to do it over the phone. Not saying they aren't right, but I have also found that if you ask 5 different carrier reps a question, you will get five different answers lol

I asked 2 from diff stores and they said over the phone, but the customer care rep and another tmobile guy when I went into the store told me its 14 day buyers remorse so they do it in store. I really don't wanna do it over the phone I wanna just get it and move on lol

ashley108

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
This might be the most hilariously generalized non-trolling comment I've ever read here.

Right .. I read all about the specs and everything I like to everything there is to know before I buy something. It's more of a personal thing, I know the differences in the phone & I just feel like the 6 is more for me.

ChrisJ1

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site

Well, there's different types of girls out there. Some of them do, some of them don't. I am not generalizing. Before becoming an Airline Pilot I worked at my local Best Buy to help me with paying for pilot courses and lessons. Four out of Five girls that came into the cell phone section (the one I worked on most of the time) didn't care about specs, they looked at it, they looked at sizes and the shape of the phone but never asked for how much RAM it had or the definition of the display. But; sometimes I got these girls that indeed asked me for those things. RAM, quality of the display, if it would last.
It varies from woman to woman.

PeltFrelken

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Here's another idea. Just for kicks, what if you picked up a re-firb iPhone 5 and loaded it with some prepay minutes and use that as your "going out phone". And then on weekdays still use the 6+?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If you did it online, just do the return through the phone. Don't involve the store because all the store will do for you is screw everything up.

This is why I try to avoid buying something from my carrier as much as possible and just stick with Apple.

ashley108

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Here's another idea. Just for kicks, what if you picked up a re-firb iPhone 5 and loaded it with some prepay minutes and use that as your "going out phone". And then on weekdays still use the 6+?

Too much work lol. I just like the 6. I got a feel for it playing with my moms phone and I realized I wanted that one.

ashley108

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
If you did it online, just do the return through the phone. Don't involve the store because all the store will do for you is screw everything up.

This is why I try to avoid buying something from my carrier as much as possible and just stick with Apple.

I bought it thru my carrier though

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I bought it thru my carrier though

Yeah. But if it got shipped to you it's like the store did an online order on your behalf. So it's basically an online order.

Reps at stores hate doing legwork when they've already closed a deal. That's their #1 line "You gotta call such and such"