Just left the Apple Store with my 6 Plus that I decided not to exchange for a 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
The 6plus still in hand...

The line was massive but I walked in to buy a case ....

People are all there for the plus everyone wants one from what I could gather not that that means a hill of beans to me or you ....

They had 1 6 left in grey I was all set to return ... I took 25 m with the 6 - great phone ... Screen is great too ... I couldn't tell the difference...

Girl said its yours we can do the return no wait for you .... Lemme get it ...

I couldn't do it ....

I'm gonna need more than 14 days to love or hate this piece of beast tech sorry ...

For some it's instant for others it takes time and that applies to everything regarding change .

It would bother me to no end to regret giving up on Apples boldest move since the iPhone 1.

In 3 months if I wanna go to a 6 how could I do that ?

But I thought according to you the 6 was a downgrade in every way possible? Or at least that is what you ran to post all over the iPhone 6 forum?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I still don't get why this post bothers anyone. What am I missing?
The OP has continuously started numerous other threads in this same vein of rambling ... I haven't gotten enough attention in my own life so I'm going to get people to pay attention to me here ... should I, shouldn't I get a 6 vs a 6+ ... should I trade my 6+ ... the 6 is a "downgrade .... etc stream of consciousnesses ... posts. Too numerous to count.

ClickClack

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
The OP has continuously started numerous other threads in this same vein of rambling ... I haven't gotten enough attention in my own life so I'm going to get people to pay attention to me here ... should I, shouldn't I get a 6 vs a 6+ ... should I trade my 6+ ... the 6 is a "downgrade .... etc stream of consciousnesses ... posts. Too numerous to count.

Yes I'm conflicted as to which device I should get .

Oofa

May 25, 2013
Visit site
.... And what's wrong with that? I still don't get what's wrong with what the OP posted. :confused: What's wrong with having numerous threads about not being able to decide between different models? Why would anyone bother to tell someone off because they don't like their posts in general or can't decide between phones? Talk about not getting enough attention in 'real life'.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
.... And what's wrong with that? I still don't get what's wrong with what the OP posted. :confused: What's wrong with having numerous threads about not being able to decide between different models? Why would anyone bother to tell someone off because they don't like their posts in general or can't decide between phones? Talk about not getting enough attention in 'real life'.

Ummm, you just answered your own question with your last sentence.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Nothing is wrong with it. Just keep the discussion going on in one thread. That's all.

How would you like it if the same sales person kept calling you day after day to ask if you want to buy the same product he's been pushing on you day after day?

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

It is fine that the OP is conflicted. So are many, many others. But have you happened to notice how many of the exact same threads the OP has started on the very subject? All of it could have been condensed into one on-going topic. But that is not why I took attitude with the OP and perhaps why others did as well. If the OP is conflicted, fine. If the OP is leaning towards one model over the other or even flat-out prefers one model over the other, fine. But to continually condemn the iphone 6 as being inferior and a major downgrade to the 6+ (which the OP has done on numerous occasions not only in the 6+ but even the 6 sub forum) gets old. No one owning the 6 wants to hear it. If a person made the choice to purchase the 6 because it suits their needs better, great! They don't need to be continually told they purchased a downgrade model that is, in the OPs words, "no different than the 5S".

The attitude in this thread goes above and beyond the particular thread itself.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site

It's the equivalent of a mosquito buzzing in your ear while you try to sleep, after a while you'll do anything to make it stop. Make no mistake, the OP is fully aware of their actions ...

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Just left the Apple Store with ...

Oh btw those apple cases are an utter ripoff ( no offense ) but they aren't gonna protect a thing .
50 bucks ?? I didn't care for them.

I know the leather ones for the 5s were not that good. What about the silicone ones?

Oofa

May 25, 2013
Visit site
It's the equivalent of a mosquito buzzing in your ear while you try to sleep, after a while you'll do anything to make it stop. Make no mistake, the OP is fully aware of their actions ...

No need to belabor a point but......... Mosquitos force themselves on you. Threads from posters you don't like, don't force themselves on you. Super easy to put someone on your 'ignore list'.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
No need to belabor a point but......... Mosquitos force themselves on you. Threads from posters you don't like, don't force themselves on you. Super easy to put someone on your 'ignore list'.

This isn't the first, nor the last, time a person has come in with a bang and crossed multiple members the wrong way. It is a fact of life in the forums and it will continue to be so. While the ignore list is fine, so is back and forth within reason. Just like folks can ignore the OP, you as well can choose to ignore this thread and things you don't agree with.

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: Just left the Apple Store with ...

Oh btw those apple cases are an utter ripoff ( no offense ) but they aren't gonna protect a thing .
50 bucks ?? I didn't care for them.

Techsmartt has a video in YouTube comparing all the apple cases dropped on concrete. All of them survived from multiple drops of up to six feet. The six plus even survived a drop from ten feet flat on its face, if memory serves. All were using apple cases.

I was kinda shocked, but happy since an apple case is what I want. The video is titled 'iPhone 6 drop test with Apple cases!'

Status
Not open for further replies.