I just got the spigen case

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I did order a replacement. So I'll probably just switch back and forth between the 2 cases. Just a bit disappointed that spigen would make the outter ring so flimsy.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I also have both. I like the apple leather but do not like how it's open at the bottom. That being said I feel the hybrid outter piece is cheap. Mine already cracked around the vibrate switch.

Spigen makes the cases with two different "bands". They make one with a poly-carbonate band (Neo Hybrid, sometimes labeled "metallized buttons"), and one with an aluminum bumper (Neo Hybrid Metal).

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't decide between the tough armor which I have for my 5s and the slim armor. So I flipped a coin and ordered both and added the clear ultra hybrid for good measure. Now all I need is the phone...

LOL. Sounds like my wife. If she can’t decide between two items, she usually buys both. Though I’ve never known her to flip a coin before buying both. Seems like an unnecessary extra step. :)

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Spigen makes the cases with two different "bands". They make one with a poly-carbonate band (Neo Hybrid, sometimes labeled "metallized buttons"), and one with an aluminum bumper (Neo Hybrid Metal).

But the one with the aluminum bumper isn't there a cutout in the back? I'm trying to avoid cases like that.

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
what an ugly cover. my plus feels heavy with it. Also, I can't even use it one handed with that case.

Ill just put it back in the little bag it came with and send it to where it came from.

#mystrugglewiththecases

Thanks for the info. I don't like many of their case design that cover up the Apple logo in the back. It seems that they are not prepared for the large number of buyers as most of their cases are in back-order until end of October. So I am taking Spigen out of my shopping list.

Since LifeProof is not coming out with an iPhone 6/6+ case anytime soon, I am now leaning towards the Griffin Survivor All-Terrain case for my iPhone 6 Plus. This case meets or exceeds the standards of US Department of Defense MIL-STD-810G. It protects the phone from all extreme conditions like drops, dust, sand, rain, impacts, vibration, etc etc.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
LOL. Sounds like my wife. If she can?t decide between two items, she usually buys both. Though I?ve never known her to flip a coin before buying both. Seems like an unnecessary extra step. :)

I didn't really flip a coin. I added that for comedic effect.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I currently have the Mophie battery case. So, I don't think this case will bother me at all haha.

My wife has a Mophie case on her 5S. With the case, it’s the same size as the iPhone 6. Can you imagine the size of the 6 Plus with a Mophie case? (not that it’s even necessary.)

ChrisJ1

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
My wife has a Mophie case on her 5S. With the case, it’s the same size as the iPhone 6. Can you imagine the size of the 6 Plus with a Mophie case? (not that it’s even necessary.)

I did the comparison on my Verizon store the other day and I found out that the iPhone 6 was the same size as my iPhone! I was surprised too.. I can't even imagine the iPhone 6 plus with a Mophie case.. I wouldn't even buy it. That thing is going to be gigantic.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I've been trying to imagine how much bulk a Mophie pack will add to a 6 Plus. Gonna be freaken huge.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site

mike5

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't mind that the leather case is open at the bottom. I would rather have it open than have a thin strip which will break often with normal use. The outer plastic band on the spigen does feel cheap (and has sharp edges if not seated in the other part of the case). I was hoping for more after all the rave reviews I've read here on the forums. But to each their own...

On my 5s, no breaking, cracking or scratching of the "thin strip" on bottom. I have the Neo Hybrid for the 6+ (get the phone Monday), but based on the comments in this thread, will also get the leather case. Just wanted to clarify, though, there were no problems w/the bottom of the leather case on the 5s--at least not for me.

Cheers

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I stopped into AT&T to look at cases, the selection sucks.

I tried on the Pelican ProGear Voyager... It's HORRIBLE. I have a lot of Pelican stuff and this one was by far the crappiest product I have seen by them. As if it was a second thought, rushed out the door... Don't bother.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh boy this is bad. I bought the same exact case. Hasn't arrived *YET* and I'm a bit miffed.

I keep stalking Best Buy for the Otterbox Symmetry cases I want but they're not out yet.

decypher44

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I got the spigen tough armor case from amazon and it's great ... didn't add much to the phone at all... hell it's thinner than my lifeproof case was on my 5S lol come on lifeproof ... get those cases out lol I got the TA Electric Blue and the mrs got the Mint Green one just to tide us over

http://www.amazon.com/KICK-STAND-Pr...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2349595

I have the same. It's ok, but I have the Seidio Surface on order. I have used several Seidio cases in the past, and their quality is amazing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro