Share your first week experience with your 6+

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
This phone had been nothing but joy and a big learning curve for me coming from the 5S. I have changed the way I type with the 6+, than I did with the 5S. I use Swype one handed, and thanks to the reachability feature it had made it work seamlessly.( Typing this sentence one handed). I have noticed the screen clarity compared to the 5s has dramatically improved, I can tell when viewing just about anything especially safari images and how vibrant the icons look. The land scape feature on the home screen has changed the way I use my iPhone, it's a new experience for sure although i will never type in their landscape mode lol, is pretty impossible.

Photos look amazing, the camera does justice and I can't say anything bad about the quality and low light performance.

The phone is extremely snappy, it's hard to tell the difference between the 5s since they are basically on par with speed, but getting this device feels like a worthy update.
My favorite thing about this phone comes to the battery life.
Since I got my first iPhone,i have dreaded the battery life on each generation. The iPhone 4, was decent, then on it just got worse. The iPhone 6+ has changed my perspective on the battery life.
I get on average 9:30 hours usage and a day stand by under heavy use, and it seems the more I cycle charge my device the better battery life I get.
Here are my current stats
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411789102.362867.jpg
All off my notifications are set on push, with mixed Wi fi, Facebook, music for over 5 hours and a'll the goodies on the app store.

My first week with this device had been, breath taking, it's lovely buying a product that keeps up you ask your expectations.
The built quality combined with the clean, simply interface makes this phone phenomenal
Picking up the 6+ has had changed my perspective on the"phablet" market. I don't think I could ever go back to a smaller iPhone.
How was your first week experience with your 6+ plus,? Loving it this far? Was it everything you expected?

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
My first impression was... holy $#@! this thing is HUGE lol but I'm loving it ;) lol

EDIT:

But I've only had mine a little more than 24 hours.... stay tuned :D

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm loving mine but I've only had it a day LOL so I'm still trying to get use to the size. I don't know if want to keep the + or exchange for the 6 cause I plan on keeping this phone till the 7 comes out.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Love it. Absolutely love it. I bought this phone taking a chance on the bigger size not knowing how it would fit into my day to day routine, but after a week, it fits perfectly fine, and it just really changes my previous view that the smaller devices were enough for me...it simply isn't true, and I could not go back to the smaller sizes and still be 100% satisfied after having this one.

Initially battery life wasn't all that impressive to me, but now, it's just incredible. I'm at 10 hours on this most recent full charge with 12% left on the charge. 10...freakin'...HOURS.

Screen is gorgeous. It's just the best damn screen I have ever owned. Is it the best on the market? I could care less, this one is stunning.

Camera is tremendous. It takes amazing pictures...I'm going to Petit Lemans next weekend, and normally there would be no question whether one of our DSLR's would be coming, but this time, I've honestly considered simply bringing my iPhone and nothing else. It's THAT good...is it superior to a true DSLR? Nope. But convenience factor is unquestionable.

Performance and all of that stuff, if I'm honest, really don't stand out to me here because the iPhone 5S was a fantastic device in its own right. I probably haven't pushed this phone to it's limits to truly test it, but day to day, it's just as fluid and perfect as my iPhone 5S was, and that is totally satisfying.

Best phone I've ever owned. By far.

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Out of the box I almost had a heart attack. I thought "no way I'll be able to use this on a daily basis."

A week later and I can't see how I made it before without it. It's large but comfortable. I've been able to do more work and enjoy more content.

The only gripe I've had within the week is how slowly developers are updating their apps for the larger screen. Although they do "work" the large keyboard and just over-strechiness (I know that's not a word lol) gets a little annoying. Other than that I've been more than satisfied. Battery life is great (and I honestly thought it would take even longer to charge than my 5S but it's so fast for the size!)

Very pleased!

sillymacboy

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Like a lot of other posters, I was kind of nervous about the size at first. But after a week, I can't believe I ever used a smaller phone. iPhone 5/5S feels like a toy now.

The display is beautiful to look at and read on. I love the camera and have found myself actively taking more pictures so that I can play with them on the larger display.

I've had no problems with battery or wifi, and on T-Mobile, wifi calling has been working great for me. The orientation rotation is a little too sensitive and slow to respond (I keep the phone in my pocket upside down, but when I pull it out and flip it right side up before unlocking it, it almost always unlocks with home screen upside down and then spins). AND I wish there was a landscape orientation lock because I often use it in landscape.

Other than that, my only "complaint" is how slow the developers are in updating apps to the 6/6 Plus sizes. Although many are still lagging in iOS 8 support, so I wait semi-patiently.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Out of the box I almost had a heart attack. I thought "no way I'll be able to use this on a daily basis."

A week later and I can't see how I made it before without it. It's large but comfortable. I've been able to do more work and enjoy more content.

The only gripe I've had within the week is how slowly developers are updating their apps for the larger screen. Although they do "work" the large keyboard and just over-strechiness (I know that's not a word lol) gets a little annoying. Other than that I've been more than satisfied. Battery life is great (and I honestly thought it would take even longer to charge than my 5S but it's so fast for the size!)

Very pleased!

I agree with this. The large key board thing in apps it's annoying, it makes the app look tacky

iJuan

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
My experience with my new iPhone 6 Plus has been nothing but a joy.

From the beginning as soon as I saw the first leak of this device I knew I had to have it!
And actually, coming from the iPhone 5, using this phone has not been an issue for me! Love the huge screen, love the form factor of this device, battery life is also outstanding!

The only thing I will say however, ever since the whole iPhone bend crap, EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE has been talking mad crap about my phone! 😡
Coworkers, friends, they all talk smack about my phone lol, but I don't care 😄

I loooooooooove it and I can't wait to get the next model!
Like I said, it's only gonna get better from here!!!

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
i only can say what i think. Its a beauty!!!!

i didn't like it that much when i saw the leaks, but once i saw it in person i was speechless!!!! it's gorgeous!!!

and the battery life is outstanding!

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
My experience with my new iPhone 6 Plus has been nothing but a joy.

From the beginning as soon as I saw the first leak of this device I knew I had to have it!
And actually, coming from the iPhone 5, using this phone has not been an issue for me! Love the huge screen, love the form factor of this device, battery life is also outstanding!

The only thing I will say however, ever since the whole iPhone bend crap, EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE has been talking mad crap about my phone!
Coworkers, friends, they all talk smack about my phone lol, but I don't care

I loooooooooove it and I can't wait to get the next model!
Like I said, it's only gonna get better from here!!!

Yeah the whole bending thing is getting really annoying! Everybody I've showed my phone mentions it it's seriously getting old.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
So a week with the Plus is under my belt. I took it on a business trip, attended meetings, short excursions at night, etc. Like others, I was concerned when I first opened the box and saw the size of this phone. However, I'm growing accustomed to it, quicker than I thought I would. I am able to type kind of one handed, although I do prefer using it two handed (feel less likely to drop it). I noticed that I used my iPad less this week in the evenings. After being at the client all day, I usually catch up on news, etc., on the iPad in the hotel. I think I used my iPad for this twice during the week. Most of the time the Plus was more than adequate for this casual reading.

As far as pocketing the device goes, I had mostly good luck. One pair of pants I wore seemed to have shallower pockets which made it slightly uncomfortable to sit down at times. Vast majority of the time, a non-issue for me, and I forgot it was there most of the time. I guess I just have loose fitting pants.

I did get asked about the phone many times (is that the new iPhone? How do you like it? Can I see it? (No, you can't.)), and most of the time no one mentioned the #bendgate junk. However, if I have another person try to argue with me over this overblown media report, I might just see if I can bend the Plus over their head. (I wouldn't do that. I don't want to take the chance that I'd dent the phone with their rock like noggin.) Funny enough, one guy who just wouldn't drop the subject no matter how many times I told him I was aware and to drop it, was a salesperson seemingly trying to sell me a case. The only cases he had were made out of flexible silicon or the TPU stuff. How one of those soft cases could do anything to help with the "bending problem" is beyond me.

The screen is fantastic. I really don't have much more to say about it. I wish more apps were optimized for the larger screens of the 6/6+. I now find myself shelving apps I've used for months/years and using optimized apps just because of this. (I'm looking at you Tweetbot.)

So, I got a good typical week in with the Plus, and I still don't have any reason to think I will be returning it. It's a great device, and I'm adjusting to carrying/using a larger screen device. If apps would only be optimized, I don't think I'd have anything to complain about right now.

(I'm currently using the Apple leather case, and I find it provides some help in holding the device while not being annoyingly "sticky." It's easy to take out of my pocket/backpack/etc., but not so slick that it hinders actually holding the phone. I received the Spigen Neo hybrid finally, and while a decent case, I much prefer the leather one.)

decypher44

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
While I'm still learning iOS and the phone itself, what I CAN comment on is battery life. I'm coming from years of blackberrys and androids. This phone is a powerhouse. I use the phone from 6:30am to usually 10:30pm. By the end of the day, I still have more than 50% remaining. I know usage varies, so in comparison, my last phone (HTC One) would have had to have been charged during the middle of the day just to make it to the end.

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
When I first opened the box I was surprised just how big the phone was in comparison to the 5S. I knew it was gonna be big but I was kind of surprised just how large the device was. I was immediately in love.

Over the past week I have learned to adapt to the device and it just feels natural now. I don't sit with it in my pocket (even before bend gate) as it felt uncomfortable and I was worried about applying to much pressure on it. With the exception of some minor habit changes, I've barely noticed a major difference on how I use it. I bought the apple leather case and it feels great. Not too bulky and generally feels good in my hands.

The battery life is incredible, I charge it once a day overnight and I have never gone below 50%. It's simply amazing.

I have to say, that overall this is the best iPhone that I have owned to date. Perfect size, battery life and screen.

ClickClack

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Like mostly of you, I've become accustomed rapidly to the larger size. Much more quickly than I thought I would. And it's gorgeous. I can't imagine going back to my 5S. We still have a 5S in the household, and when I pick it up, it feels like a puny toy. Even though it is about 2 ounces heavier than the 5S, the weight is so well balanced that I don't notice it.
The screen is wonderful. Not just the added resolution, but whatever they did to make the glass and LCD closer together so that it feels more like you are touching the icons/text/etc than tapping over them. The increased contrast ratio is also a noticeable improvement over the 5S.
The photos I've take so far are beautiful and I like that Apple isn't falling into the megapixel war that point and shoot digital cameras went thru and phone manufacturers are doing now. I'd rather have all the improvements Apple makes to the sensor and software, than higher MP.
TLDR, it's a wonderful phone and I can imagine being without it now.

I envy how quickly you adjusted to phone size .

I love everything about the device but its size .

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Count me as another satisfied 6+ owner. Like some others, I opened the box & had a few moments of "can I live with a device this size?", but have quickly come to love it. No issues yet with pocketability or portability so far. Beautiful screen, great photos and battery life - pretty much what everyone else has noted. It's all I wanted, and then some. IMHO: Apple's best effort yet in the iPhone realm.

I bought the dark blue leather Apple case yesterday and am glad I did. The design of the 6/6+ is beautiful to look at naked, but with my thick fingers I almost felt like I couldn't get a good grip on the thin, rounded edges when grabbing it off the table or desk. Yeah, since Sunday I was worried about or conscious of a fumble...no bueno. The leather case solved all that.

My only two gripes were the lack of app updates (my favorite game ((Real Racing 3)) is unplayable), but I know that'll be fixed in time. Patience. Like many others I had horrid, unusable wi-fi for the first six days. Tried resetting network settings then reboot, no go. I changed my router's security from WEP to WPA2 this morning, which has fixed the issue (at least for now). If the fix sticks, I'll be a totally happy camper. If not, I trust Apple will have fix in the next iOS8 update.

The one surprise I had is that I prefer the stock iOS8 keyboard over SwiftKey. I'd never used swipe-to-type before, and I like the idea, but on the 6+ is just didn't work as well for me. If I had my i5, SwiftKey would be great...I think it works best as a one-handed entry method. But so far I use two hands on my 6+ for typing, and I'm more accurate & can make corrections faster on the stock keyboard. SK is cool, but stock - especially with the enhancements Apple made - just works better for me.

I turned on my i5 after two days with the 6+ and was startled at how small the screen was. Picked it up again today and the whole device just seemed lilliputian. It'd be hard for me to back to small device now. The big picture has me totally happy with the 6+. Nice job Apple!