Some questions for iPhone 6 plus owners.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So, now that the phone has been out for a week, I had some questions for users of the phone for the past week:

1. Do you find the size too much? How have you adapted how you carry, use, and handle the phone?

2. I know theres been some concern over the 3X resolution as compared to the 2X resolution of how past iPhones were. Is there any noticeable visual stutters or shimmering?

3. How do you find it fits in the pocket? Too tight? Just right?

4. If given the choice again, would you choose the plus over the 6 again?

I'm still trying to decide between the two personally. I use my phone for video viewing, gaming, audio listening, web browsing, and text reading.

Really, I don't make many phone calls, it's pretty much all texting.

So saying that, I thought maybe the plus would be better for me. But I'm still concerned about the portability of it. If I never left my house with it, it may not be a issue. But I still need to carry it around and in my pocket.

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
So, now that the phone has been out for a week, I had some questions for users of the phone for the past week:

1. Do you find the size too much? How have you adapted how you carry, use, and handle the phone?

2. I know theres been some concern over the 3X resolution as compared to the 2X resolution of how past iPhones were. Is there any noticeable visual stutters or shimmering?

I'm still trying to decide between the two personally. I use my phone for video viewing, gaming, audio listening, web browsing, and text reading.

So saying that, I thought maybe the plus would be better for me. But I'm still concerned about the portability of it. If I never left my house with it, it may not be a issue. But I still need to carry it around and in my pocket.

1. I actually don't find the size too much! I keep it in my hand unless shopping then I put it in my purse or teachers bag.

2. I haven't had any noticeable stuttering on my phone. It runs really smooth.

3. Don't put phones in my pocket.

4. I would choose the 6+ every single time.

I think the plus will be good for you because of what you're using it for. Although the I don't do a lot of things with it I just wanted a bigger screen.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
No offense, but do you have this hard of a time choosing what underwear to put on in the morning? I've seen less flip flopping from politicians. It's not that hard of a decision. Do you like phablets? Get a 6+. If not, get the 6.

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
Why do we feel the need to break down people's questions here?! I have been coming to this website for a long time and have never seen so many people bash others for their threads or questions.

If you don't like/understand a thread. Just move along to another. iMore has always been a laid back, supportive community! I'm sad to see how many seem to be trying to discourage others from asking questions freely.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
No offense, but do you have this hard of a time choosing what underwear to put on in the morning? I've seen less flip flopping from politicians. It's not that hard of a decision. Do you like phablets? Get a 6+. If not, get the 6.

I've never had alpha let really. I used to own a G3 for a bit. Thought that was ok. But the plus is bigger I believe than the LG G3.

I just feel like I'm giving up things going with the 4.7 6. Like improved battery, better camera, and 1080 p screen. But I lose pocketability and I lose some ease of use in the hand.

With the 4.7 I gain a better fit in the pocket and easier to manage in my hand, but lose out on battery life, the OIS, the 1080p screen, and the more immersive screen for videos and games.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Why do we feel the need to break down people's questions here?! I have been coming to this website for a long time and have never seen so many people bash others for their threads or questions.

If you don't like/understand a thread. Just move along to another. iMore has always been a laid back, supportive community! I'm sad to see how many seem to be trying to discourage others from asking questions freely.

If you've been here a "long time," then you must already know that this guy flip flops on this topic pretty much daily.....and creates a new post about it every time. THAT is why.

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
If you've been here a "long time," then you must already know that this guy flip flops on this topic pretty much daily.....and creates a new post about it every time. THAT is why.

Who cares? Let him flip flop! It will, in no way, effect your life. :)

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site

Your the only one complaining. That's all I will say about it

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
The only way you'll really know is to use one for a week or more. Some stood in lines for hours just to find their own answers.

Some took them back. Others like me think it's an awesome phone.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Weren't we taking bets in another thread just yesterday where he was absolutely certain that he was going to stick with the 6?

Anyway, Ravensword, yes you give up something if you get the 6 vs 6P. But you gain other things like easier pocket ability and one-handed use and in the benchmarks I've seen the 6 slightly outperforms the 6P probably because of the extra pixels it needs to push. That's true of any decision in life?nothing is ever black and white, there are pros and cons to everything. I can tell you some objective pros and cons for each device (OIS, bigger battery for the 6P, slightly better benchmark scores for the 6) and some subjective pros and cons as well (pocket ability vs larger screen). But what no one can tell you is how you should rank those pros and cons. What's important to me may not be to you and vice versa.

Yes, did I win?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Your the only one complaining. That's all I will say about it

RavenSword you seem like a cool dude. But you gotta pull the trigger on something. Just go for it.
Folks around here have given you months and months of advice on what device to get. iPhones,Android devices, Apple TVs, Chromecast.
It gets to a point where what more can anyone say. Some like the 6plus some don't, some like the 6 some don't. Some are returning both and getting something else. It's all here on these forums.
The question is what do you like? Only you can answer that. Only you can answer your questions.
It's just a phone and it can be returned.
The folks that returned them pulled the trigger and made a decision even if that decision was to return it.
They both seem like great devices just pick one even if it's eeny meeny miney moe.

Mr_Freeze72

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Personally I got the iPhone 6 plus last weekend but ultimately returned it for a regular 6 with 64 GB. The 16 GB on the plus I had wasn't enough space.

The biggest draw for me with the plus was the screen being bigger. Late nights I like to watch YouTube and Netflix before going to bed and the plus was ideal for video watching without having to use my MacBook pro. But now after having the regular 6 for almost a week I think I will just stick with it. I have large hands but I am on the go a lot and having a big brick like phone wasn't ideal for my one handed texting etc. Also, I carry around a lot of stuff like mini tools, house keys, car keys, pens at work etc. My plus was taking up an entire pocket which limited pocket space lol.

I also saw myself last weekend in the mirror of a store while on the phone with my plus and I looked like some one from the 80's-90's with those gigantic brick cell phones they had back then ugh.

The plus is a awesome phone as is the regular 6. It just depends on what interests you the most when it comes to a phone. Ease of use in your hand/ pockets, or bigger screen and slightly better specs?

Another deciding factor for me was price. Why pay 300 for a 16 GB iPhone 6 Plus when I could get a regular 6 with 64 GB for the exact same price. Sure, I could pay 100 more for the 64 GB Plus but when you add in apple care that brings its up to 500 dollars for a cell phone. Thats cray.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So, having thought about my needs, u think I'm going to pull the trigger in the plus. One of the few complaints I have with my 5S is battery life, so I want something that will be noticeably better in that regard. And since I do so much media consumption, I would benefit from that screen size.

Only bummer is now I have to wait possibly a few days for att to free up my upgrade from my canceled order on Apple . com then wait like a month for the plus to ship :(

ClickClack

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site

Everything wrong with this forum summed up in one asinine post.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

1. The size is perfect, at first you'll find it intimidating but you'll end up loving it.
2. These is no visual stutters our issues. The screen looks crisp and better than the 5s
3. It depends on what type of pants tippy wear,i west chinos, skinny jeans. It sticks out a little bit in pants but nothing to annoying since its thin.

I love my 6 plus couldn't go back

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice