Iphone 6 plus battery percentage issue

Chief G-Hawk

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Honestly is it really that hard to take it off so you don't have to stare at it?

I don't mean to belittle your problem,but if it bothers you that much and it's not being fixed, wouldn't the best solution be to ignore it altogether?

I don't have a clue what percentage my battery is at and I still know when I need to charge my phone, maybe you should switch it off for a while until it's resolved.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/25/bee8db9602e98497f0cd78846ea4f246.jpg

Sent from my 128gb iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk via Sprint Spark

That's what I would have done too if the percentage is bothering me, I would just turn the % off and just use the phone normally. I don't understand why this is such an issue.

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I update my software to iOS 8.1 and I can't even believe I'm saying this but the battery skipping has gotten EVEN WORSE. It's now skipping from 61% to 58%. This is VERY annoying. I've already had my phone replaced once and Apple keeps giving mixed advice regarding what should be done. From the time I bought the phone till now I've had to restore my phone 6x and re-set up everything. This issue is driving me insane.

I've just spoken to apple and mentioned that I have restored as new from iTunes and also updated to 8.1 but still the issue persists. They have suggested me to get it replaced. Like you say it does seem a little worse now with 8.1.

People might suggest turning off the battery percentage but that's only hiding the issue that shouldn't be an issue with a premium product.

Did you have your phone replaced based on this percentage issue? I don't want to have a wasted journey to Apple Store for this to persist.

Also when you got your replacement did you set up as new and not from back up?

Look forward to your reply.

JAYcEE_00

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
You're correct - hiding the percentage is just ignoring the problem. Replacing the phone won't solve it, it's inherently an iOS 8 software issue. My iPad Air is also doing that, but it wasn't doing that when on the iOS 7 software. In order to fix it, people need to raise notice it and raise awareness so that Apple can fix it. Turning off the percentage is just like saying "Hey! My iPhone screen doesn't show any colour at all no matter what I do, but you know what? I'll just put it on grayscale so it doesn't bug me! Problem solved!".

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
You're correct - hiding the percentage is just ignoring the problem. Replacing the phone won't solve it, it's inherently an iOS 8 software issue. My iPad Air is also doing that, but it wasn't doing that when on the iOS 7 software. In order to fix it, people need to raise notice it and raise awareness so that Apple can fix it. Turning off the percentage is just like saying "Hey! My iPhone screen doesn't show any colour at all no matter what I do, but you know what? I'll just put it on grayscale so it doesn't bug me! Problem solved!".

When you got your replacement iphone 6 plus. Did you set it up as new and not restore from backup?

Chief G-Hawk

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
How strange. Looks like my trip to Apple Store might be wasted. I don't understand why there aren't more people having this issue.

Yep mine did that too last night when it was at 61%, went straight to 59% and I did a fresh install. But in all honesty it doesn't really bother me at all. So don't waste your time going to the apple store.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a 6Plus. I have a 6. I think this may be an iOS 8 thing. I've noticed that mine will drain really slow between 100% till about 88%. Once it hits 88%, it very quickly drops down to around 83% with little to no usage. Then it drains normally again. It is almost always like that. I looked right after lunch and was at 88%. I haven't touched my phone, received any notifications/calls/etc or sent any out and now it's at 83% for no apparent reason.

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Considering they don't have any replacements in stock at my 1 hr 30 mins away store and that it would seem it's only going to be a wasted journey anyway I've cancelled the genius bar appointment. Apart from the percentage issue my device works perfectly, so I don't want to get a replacement whether new or reconditioned to only experience other issues or continue to have this current issue.

I'm going to give the a little longer and see what happens with other upcoming iOS updates.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't even have my percentage on anymore because the battery is so good. But I'll turn it on and check it tonight.

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1414530587.739898.jpg

Would you agree this screen shot also proofs it's iOS 8 that's the issue considering my phone percentage says 61% but my battery widget shows 60% after it's been hanging on 61% for a little longer than normal.

What's other people's opinion on this?

Herend Faatiha

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
i have the same problem like you, my battery jumped from 61 to 59, when i charged it , it went from 59 to 61, and also jumps from 55 to 53 and 31 to 29, iam running on ios 8.1.2 , i already restored it and set as new iphone, but it still stay the same, i dont know what to do anymore :straight-face:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
i have the same problem like you, my battery jumped from 61 to 59, when i charged it , it went from 59 to 61, and also jumps from 55 to 53 and 31 to 29, iam running on ios 8.1.2 , i already restored it and set as new iphone, but it still stay the same, i dont know what to do anymore :straight-face:

Why do you feel that something should be done? If your phone works and the issue isn't actually affecting the performance of the phone, why worry about it?

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Why do you feel that something should be done? If your phone works and the issue isn't actually affecting the performance of the phone, why worry about it?

Because it doesn't make sense for the battery percentage not to display properly. I haven't noticed this behavior yet. However, I can see why it is aggravating. In normal situations, things count up and down from 0 to 100 in increments of one. If there is going to be a departure from this, it should be explained as to what the reason/function is. Other than that, it looks like a defect. Most people don't want a defect (though small, should be simple to correct) in a $750+ phone. Some don't care and I can respect that but I can certainly understand those that do care.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Because it doesn't make sense for the battery percentage not to display properly. I haven't noticed this behavior yet. However, I can see why it is aggravating. In normal situations, things count up and down from 0 to 100 in increments of one. If there is going to be a departure from this, it should be explained as to what the reason/function is. Other than that, it looks like a defect. Most people don't want a defect (though small, should be simple to correct) in a $750+ phone. Some don't care and I can respect that but I can certainly understand those that do care.
It's not a defect if it's not having an effect on the performance of the phone. Please don't start with the "The phone costs X amount of money, therefore it should be perfect" thing.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Though I don't always shut it off, I've found that I enjoy my devices much more with the percentage shut off. It's off out of the box anyway! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
It's not a defect if it's not having an effect on the performance of the phone. Please don't start with the "The phone costs X amount of money, therefore it should be perfect" thing.

There are many defects that don't affect the performance of the phone (screen tints, moderate battery overheating and speaker rattles, to name a few). I never said that the phone should be perfect. However, an inaccurate battery percentage reading is a problem. If it is not accurate, then it doesn't serve its purpose.

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Any sort of defect isn't acceptable however some can me made an exception based on its effect on the user. This more of a cosmetic annoyance. I still get decent battery and obviously it's a software bug that will hopefully get fixed eventually.

Apart from this issue I love my iPhone plus.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods