Iphone 6 plus battery percentage issue

jeanval

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I have the exact same issue!

It also "skips" 60% and jumps from 61% to 59% or from 59% to 61% when charging.

Also, it jumped once from 45% to 42%.

This would be strange if it was a hardware issue, no? At the beginning I believed it but if you have the exact same problem, it should be a software bug.
Moreover, I have an iPhone 6 (set up as new iPhone).

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I have the exact same issue!

It also "skips" 60% and jumps from 61% to 59% or from 59% to 61% when charging.

Also, it jumped once from 45% to 42%.

This would be strange if it was a hardware issue, no? At the beginning I believed it but if you have the exact same problem, it should be a software bug.
Moreover, I have an iPhone 6 (set up as new iPhone).

I've restored as new but it's still happening. It happens more under 50%. 26% drops down to 24% etc. hangs for ages on 19%. Although the percentages are erratic and only on certain percentages, I am still getting a decent battery life, it's just a annoying glitch that I believe is iOS 8 bug. There must be other people noticing this too. I might just turn the percentage off until it's fixed.

jeanval

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I called Apple to describe my problem before I saw your post. They did a diagnostic and they didn't found any problem with my battery.

I guess we'll have to wait.

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I called Apple to describe my problem before I saw your post. They did a diagnostic and they didn't found any problem with my battery.

I guess we'll have to wait.

They didn't suggest a Genius Bar visit or that it could be hardware?

If not I guess that's good to know its most likely iOS 8.

jeanval

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
No, they say nothing is wrong with the battery according to the diagnostic. They say it should be a software issue and they suggest a reinstall (but as you mentioned, it didn't solve the problem).

As I'm in Europe, they said I can exchange my iPhone for free during 14 days if I want, but I will not.

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
No, they say nothing is wrong with the battery according to the diagnostic. They say it should be a software issue and they suggest a reinstall (but as you mentioned, it didn't solve the problem).

As I'm in Europe, they said I can exchange my iPhone for free during 14 days if I want, but I will not.

I believe our phones are jumping at the same percentages which is strange. I might contact apple and have them do a diagnostic just to be sure and to make them more aware of the issue.

jeanval

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Yes, they are jumping at the same percentages although you have an iPhone 6 Plus and I have a regular iPhone 6. In my opinion, this is a proof that this is a software issue.

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Getting good battery life on my iPhone 6 plus
3e539d8bd6a49574337a1a4e08f3ae07.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I can tell you with certainty that it's 100% an operating system issue. I really wouldn't worry about it. I'm at 63% at the moment so I'm gonna watch and see if the same happens.

You really have a hawk eye to notice that lol

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Lol went from 61% to 59% for me right now. Just an OS thing.

That's good to know. I believe more people could be suffering this but haven't noticed probably.

I have spoken to apple and they suggest doing a restore from iTunes as it puts a fresh version of iOS on the phone. I will do that later just to see if it solves the issue.

If not I will just be patient and wait for a fix. Like I've said before I'm getting good battery life it's just more of an annoyance.

acinrav

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Same issue here for me. I have iPhone 5s for 5 months now, and I think the battery is still in good condition. Tried to reinstal iOS 8.0.2 through the iTunes but the problem still persist. It happens from 61% to 59%, 55>53, 31>29, 28>26 and 16>14. One hour ago I updated to iOS 8.1 and the problem is still here. They didn't solve it in this update, hope so they would soon as possible, because it's getting irritating.

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Same issue here for me. I have iPhone 5s for 5 months now, and I think the battery is still in good condition. Tried to reinstal iOS 8.0.2 through the iTunes but the problem still persist. It happens from 61% to 59%, 55>53, 31>29, 28>26 and 16>14. One hour ago I updated to iOS 8.1 and the problem is still here. They didn't solve it in this update, hope so they would soon as possible, because it's getting irritating.

Now that's annoying it's still an issue. I've updated and only at 73% waiting until I get to 61%. I don't think enough people have noticed it or complained about it for apple to acknowledge it as an issue.

Zafla

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed the same thing. It happens at random percentages, it will decrease by 2%. I know it's not really a big deal but it is kind of annoying. I restored from an iPhone 5 backup and a couple of days I restored it as new. Maybe it's just an iOS 8 bug, I just updated to 8.1 today so we'll see what happens.

JAYcEE_00

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I update my software to iOS 8.1 and I can't even believe I'm saying this but the battery skipping has gotten EVEN WORSE. It's now skipping from 61% to 58%. This is VERY annoying. I've already had my phone replaced once and Apple keeps giving mixed advice regarding what should be done. From the time I bought the phone till now I've had to restore my phone 6x and re-set up everything. This issue is driving me insane.

TheFirm

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I update my software to iOS 8.1 and I can't even believe I'm saying this but the battery skipping has gotten EVEN WORSE. It's now skipping from 61% to 58%. This is VERY annoying. I've already had my phone replaced once and Apple keeps giving mixed advice regarding what should be done. From the time I bought the phone till now I've had to restore my phone 6x and re-set up everything. This issue is driving me insane.

Honestly is it really that hard to take it off so you don't have to stare at it?

I don't mean to belittle your problem,but if it bothers you that much and it's not being fixed, wouldn't the best solution be to ignore it altogether?

I don't have a clue what percentage my battery is at and I still know when I need to charge my phone, maybe you should switch it off for a while until it's resolved.

bee8db9602e98497f0cd78846ea4f246.jpg

Sent from my 128gb iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk via Sprint Spark