Considering they don't have any replacements in stock at my 1 hr 30 mins away store and that it would seem it's only going to be a wasted journey anyway I've cancelled the genius bar appointment. Apart from the percentage issue my device works perfectly, so I don't want to get a replacement whether new or reconditioned to only experience other issues or continue to have this current issue.

I'm going to give the a little longer and see what happens with other upcoming iOS updates.
    10-28-2014 03:39 PM
    I don't even have my percentage on anymore because the battery is so good. But I'll turn it on and check it tonight.
    mumfoau likes this.
    10-28-2014 04:12 PM
    I don't even have my percentage on anymore because the battery is so good. But I'll turn it on and check it tonight.
    I've turned mine off for now so it's not noticeable. It usually happens 61% to 59% and 55% to 53% etc.
    zerog46 likes this.
    10-28-2014 04:15 PM
    Iphone 6 plus battery percentage issue-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1414530587.739898.jpg

Would you agree this screen shot also proofs it's iOS 8 that's the issue considering my phone percentage says 61% but my battery widget shows 60% after it's been hanging on 61% for a little longer than normal.

What's other people's opinion on this?
    10-28-2014 05:12 PM
    Yeah that's weird.
    10-28-2014 05:32 PM
    i have the same problem like you, my battery jumped from 61 to 59, when i charged it , it went from 59 to 61, and also jumps from 55 to 53 and 31 to 29, iam running on ios 8.1.2 , i already restored it and set as new iphone, but it still stay the same, i dont know what to do anymore
    12-22-2014 02:00 AM
    i have the same problem like you, my battery jumped from 61 to 59, when i charged it , it went from 59 to 61, and also jumps from 55 to 53 and 31 to 29, iam running on ios 8.1.2 , i already restored it and set as new iphone, but it still stay the same, i dont know what to do anymore
    Why do you feel that something should be done? If your phone works and the issue isn't actually affecting the performance of the phone, why worry about it?
    12-22-2014 02:01 PM
    Why do you feel that something should be done? If your phone works and the issue isn't actually affecting the performance of the phone, why worry about it?
    Because it doesn't make sense for the battery percentage not to display properly. I haven't noticed this behavior yet. However, I can see why it is aggravating. In normal situations, things count up and down from 0 to 100 in increments of one. If there is going to be a departure from this, it should be explained as to what the reason/function is. Other than that, it looks like a defect. Most people don't want a defect (though small, should be simple to correct) in a $750+ phone. Some don't care and I can respect that but I can certainly understand those that do care.
    12-22-2014 02:25 PM
    Because it doesn't make sense for the battery percentage not to display properly. I haven't noticed this behavior yet. However, I can see why it is aggravating. In normal situations, things count up and down from 0 to 100 in increments of one. If there is going to be a departure from this, it should be explained as to what the reason/function is. Other than that, it looks like a defect. Most people don't want a defect (though small, should be simple to correct) in a $750+ phone. Some don't care and I can respect that but I can certainly understand those that do care.
    It's not a defect if it's not having an effect on the performance of the phone. Please don't start with the "The phone costs X amount of money, therefore it should be perfect" thing.
    12-22-2014 02:29 PM
    Though I don't always shut it off, I've found that I enjoy my devices much more with the percentage shut off. It's off out of the box anyway! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-22-2014 02:59 PM
    It's not a defect if it's not having an effect on the performance of the phone. Please don't start with the "The phone costs X amount of money, therefore it should be perfect" thing.
    There are many defects that don't affect the performance of the phone (screen tints, moderate battery overheating and speaker rattles, to name a few). I never said that the phone should be perfect. However, an inaccurate battery percentage reading is a problem. If it is not accurate, then it doesn't serve its purpose.
    12-22-2014 03:37 PM
    Any sort of defect isn't acceptable however some can me made an exception based on its effect on the user. This more of a cosmetic annoyance. I still get decent battery and obviously it's a software bug that will hopefully get fixed eventually.

Apart from this issue I love my iPhone plus.
    12-22-2014 06:08 PM
    From my experience I wouldn't restore unless its from the same model phone backup (my opinion and my personal experiences) you cannot guarantee its going to be the same. Besides the reason for restoring is something isn't quite right and chances are its in your last backup. YMMV.
    12-22-2014 09:10 PM
    I've restored as new but it's still happening. It happens more under 50%. 26% drops down to 24% etc. hangs for ages on 19%. Although the percentages are erratic and only on certain percentages, I am still getting a decent battery life, it's just a annoying glitch that I believe is iOS 8 bug. There must be other people noticing this too. I might just turn the percentage off until it's fixed.
    I'm also having the exact same problem as you both are having! I just bought my iPhone 6 like two weeks ago and the battery % drops from 61 to 59 and so on from the other numbers you mentioned. I'm hoping as well this is a bug or glitch from iOS 8
    Amit Manglani likes this.
    01-08-2015 08:29 PM
    Dear Moloes did ur batter percentage problem solved
    01-28-2015 12:30 AM
    As my iPhone 6 also having same problem
    01-28-2015 12:32 AM
    Dear Arturo im facing the same issue on my iPhone 6 as I m facing it since i bought it
    Now I m on 8.1.3 but nothing helped
    Please advice me what to do now
    01-28-2015 07:12 AM
    Dear Moloes please help me to get out of this situation
    My battery also Falling by 2 percent
    71 to 69 and so on
    How u fixed ur problem
    Please give me ur precious comments
    01-28-2015 07:15 AM
    use edit
    TheFirm likes this.
    01-28-2015 09:01 AM
    I am a big fan of setting a device up as new, especially on a new device, so yes, give it a try and see if things improve.
    What would be the sense of making backups then if always doing a fresh install? Just curious.
    02-26-2015 07:32 PM
    Dear Moloes please help me to get out of this situation
    My battery also Falling by 2 percent
    71 to 69 and so on
    How u fixed ur problem
    Please give me ur precious comments
    I'm suffering the same problem. It's a bug with iOS, I've tried everything but nothin has worked, so it's a waiting game for apple to hopefully squash that bug eventually.
    02-27-2015 03:16 PM
    I have the same issue with u. All i did was format the iphone 6 plus twice by going into general> reset> Erace All Content and Setting
    the reason i format it twice is to remove bugs left behind from the previous format. Now everything works fine battery drop by 1 percent always.
    hope this helps u with ur problem.
    04-06-2015 11:32 PM
    I've noticed that this evening on mine, yet last night I let my battery drain completely and it stayed at 1% for like 3 hours before it dies. I really don't believe percentages aren't all that accurate much

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    04-07-2015 11:01 PM
    I've noticed that this evening on mine, yet last night I let my battery drain completely and it stayed at 1% for like 3 hours before it dies. I really don't believe percentages aren't all that accurate much

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The % in the status bar behaves like the gas gauge in my car. I don't pay much attention to it. When my phone warns me my battery is low, then I charge it up. The % is an indicator. None are truly accurate. Some appear to be more accurate than others. But anyone who obsesses with it should turn it off in settings. My iP 5 has a waning battery. The % icon amuses me. I was at 73% today and took 4 photos while on cellular data. The % icon dropped from 73% to 1% after the 4th photo. I turned the phone off. After I got home it was at 67%. Go figure! For the most part it's an approximation. It helps to calibrate, but not much. It is what it is. I think the older and more worn out batteries have the worst % issues.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    04-07-2015 11:36 PM
    That is why I keep mine OFF

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    04-08-2015 08:32 PM
85 1234