Apple Care Plus: is it worth it?

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE: I STAND CORRECTED SEE OTHERS BELOW ( I was told differently and read the same in other discussions in this forum)

I don't believe you can. The coverage stays with the physical device at transfer.

Last edited:

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Not a bad idea. I didn't know you could get a refund. That's more enticing.

I don't believe you can. The coverage stays with the physical device at transfer.

Yes, you can cancel and request a refund for unused portion of AC+. I just did it.

AppleCare+ is NOT transferrable to a new device except in the case of a replacement device provided as part of the coverage. If you sell or trade a device that has AC+ coverage, you can either leave the coverage in place (perhaps a selling point if you choose to sell the device) OR cancel for a partial refund.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5688?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

How to request a refund for an AppleCare product

Follow these steps to request a refund for your AppleCare Protection Plan or AppleCare+.

If you need a refund for an AppleCare product, such as the AppleCare Protection Plan, review this article to understand the guidelines and find the information Apple will need.

Understand the cancellation and refund guidelines

If you cancel within 30 days of purchasing your AppleCare product, you'll get a full refund less the value of any service already provided.
If you cancel more than 30 days after purchasing your AppleCare product, you'll get a pro rata refund based on the percentage of unexpired AppleCare product coverage less the value of any service already provided. You can find the cancellation fee in the serial number of the Apple hardware covered by the AppleCare product
[/LIST]

Contact AppleCare Agreement Administration

To talk to an Advisor about your refund request, tell the Advisor you need help with an AppleCare product refund and you do not need technical support, then provide the AppleCare product number, information from the original sales receipt, and the serial number of the covered hardware. You may not need to provide the original sales receipt if both the AppleCare product and the covered hardware were purchased directly from Apple.

Last Modified: Jun 18, 2014

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I stand corrected. And it convinced me to choose apple care+. VZW covers loss and theft but it costs way too much at 10 a month + 199 deductible.

Hansana

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you can cancel and request a refund for unused portion of AC+. I just did it.

AppleCare+ is NOT transferrable to a new device except in the case of a replacement device provided as part of the coverage. If you sell or trade a device that has AC+ coverage, you can either leave the coverage in place (perhaps a selling point if you choose to sell the device) OR cancel for a partial refund.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5688?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

I transferred my 16gb 6 plus ac+ and transferred it to my 64gb 6+. Since I sold my 16gb

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I think its worth it IMO. I had an iPad air that got random cracks on the screen. I didn't use the apple care because I felt the cracks weren't that big of a deal but if it was worse I would have had to pay someone else more than 79 just to replace the screen. The water and physical damage coverage alone makes it worth it.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
For every Apple product that I've owned, I've never purchased Apple Care for it. However, with the Bendgate issues and the fact that it will cost a lot of money to replace a broken 6 or 6 Plus, I am rethinking about getting Apple Care when I get the 6 Plus.

The bottom line is this: for those of you who purchased your 6 Plus and bought Apple Care, has it been worth it so far?

Nice thing is that you have a full 60 days to think about it. Just hope nothing happens. I plan on signing up for it next week once I get paid again. I need to cool it a little after spending the 1k on the phone.

swampbaby

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
When I bought my iPhone on Apple's App I wasn't given an option on if I wanted to purchase AppleCare. My question is how soon after buying the phone can I buy AppleCare? Can I purchase it over the phone or do I have to do it at an Apple store?

ios4ever

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
You can walk into Apple Store and the will just look at it and run diagnostics..takes 5 mins.. No need for appointment. I scheduled appointments before and they told me for iPhone 5 and 6+ that just walking in is good.

diesteldorf

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
In my mind, Theft is the X Factor. I have a friend that pays $8.18 per month for Asurion protection on Verizon. The deductible is $199.99, but for the one time that he had his phone stolen, it was great.

8.18 x 24 months= $196 over a typical 2 year contract. $199.99 for the deductible means that he paid nearly $400 for his replacement phone.

Apple Care would be about $100 cheaper over a 2 year contract with a much lower deductible, but you don't have the peace of mind if the boogeyman takes your phone.

Applecare is still a good value.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
You can walk into Apple Store and the will just look at it and run diagnostics..takes 5 mins.. No need for appointment. I scheduled appointments before and they told me for iPhone 5 and 6+ that just walking in is good.

With the 6 they didn't even run the diagnostic. Was super quick.

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
In my opinion it's well worth it. I used it with my 4S and they were awesome. Replaces the phone and it was completely smashed.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73