Now it's camera problems?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Every issue they are describing are things that can happen to ANY camera...white balance inconsistencies happen with my wife's very expensive DSLR's all the time, and you can see them over the series of dozens of shots. People are noticing it more on the iPhone because the iPhone makes it's adjustments automatically (as you can see in the video where the color balances change rapidly as he moves his hand)...this is a function of the different features in the camera, which you would normally either have to make manually on actual cameras or they wouldn't be as noticeable as it would be done far more slowly (as the iPhone's point and shoot ability has surpassed almost ALL commonly purchase point and shoot cameras).

The purple fringing, as it always was, is an issue of out of frame light sources...they certainly adjusted this in iOS 7 with the iPhone 5 and 5S, but I could only EVER get that result on pictures if I actually tried to with an extreme case of of frame lighting directly in the path of the object I was taking a picture of. I have yet to see it at all with any pictures I've taken with my 6 Plus, and there have been several situations where it would have been evident...

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
It is mass produced technology sold at the highest profit with the lowest paid labor in the world. We should expect a few glitches and you can always return it under warranty and wait 5-7 weeks for a replacement.

TomsAndroid

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
It is mass produced technology sold at the highest profit with the lowest paid labor in the world. We should expect a few glitches and you can always return it under warranty and wait 5-7 weeks for a replacement.

Is that meant to be reassuring?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TomsAndroid

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Doesn't look like too big of a problem to me. Seems like it's mostly software based (so, fixable) and it still takes great photos!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't worry about that. The camera on the phone is meant for casual snapshot. All the new enhancement on the iPhone 6/6+ are just icing on the cake. If I want to take serious photo, I will take out my Nikon D4. :)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Another example of people who don't regularly use Apple products, or don't use Apple products at all/hate Apple seizing on an issue and blowing it all out of proportion to pimp their blogs...

Last edited:

anaphora68

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
You can find issues with *every* consumer electronic device. For whatever reason, people love picking apart Apple products, and the media loves to sensationalize it.

Bottom line, if people aren't happy with the iPhone, they should just return them and get what they want. Me? I'm done switching back to Android; the 6+ is for me.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
THE SKY IS FALLING ON OUR HEADS!

First, every single iPhone is a potential bend waiting to happen, now all iPhones have a camera flaw that means they take rubbish photos.

Yawn.

Next.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Can we talk about my HTC One having purple fringes next? After all that is indicative that all HTC ones are poorly designed, right?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Speaking of Cameras, the recent updates for the Camera+ and ProCamera 8 are great. Set shutter speed before you shoot. Both are really nice.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
Same thing happened with the 5. Sure, there are real issues with some devices, but, these articles get blown way out of proportion.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I have to admit, I've used a lot of phones and I'm an experienced amateur photographer.
I have not experienced the iphone 6+ camera (yet). However I do have the 6 and it's fine. Very good balance of processing within the hardware limitations. Video is superb. At 60fps I get handheld videos that rival my $4k DSLRs. These videos do not look like they were shot with a phone! 4K? Blah, I have an S5 that does that but at 30fps it looks too choppy. If I want the cinematic effect I prefer to do that on my workstation and re-render the video.

But what stands out is the focus. Apple has done it right especially with video.

Granted, most camera problems regardless of the hardware are caused by the owners...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77