I'm so sick of this bend gate crap so much so I'm considering not even going to any web pages or using any social media for about a month or so.

I'm literally over it. My faith in humanity is already at an all time low.

A few pictures get posted online. Some dude makes a video shaking his hands in attempt to bend an iPhone and everyone goes nuts

The fact that society has reacted to this crap in such a manner is a scary thought in of itself

Oh btw? For the android fans out there. Guess what ? The HTC M8 apparently bended as well.

Bent M8 - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    09-24-2014 11:10 PM
    I'm so sick of this bend gate crap so much so I'm considering not even going to any web pages or using any social media for about a month or so.

I'm literally over it. My faith in humanity is already at an all time low.

A few pictures get posted online. Some dude makes a video shaking his hands in attempt to bend an iPhone and everyone goes nuts

The fact that society has reacted to this crap in such a manner is a scary thought in of itself

Oh btw? For the android fans out there. Guess what ? The HTC M8 apparently bended as well.

Bent M8 - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    Yeah and it's funny when it happens to an Android phone it's not that big a deal but oh boy when something like this happens to an iPhone whew doggies watch out all hell breaks loose.

The Apple haters have to find any little thing they can to keep hating on our choice of phone.
    kikazz69, ladyc0524, iJuan and 1 others like this.
    09-24-2014 11:14 PM
    Yeah and it's funny when it happens to an Android phone it's not that big a deal but oh boy when something like this happens to an iPhone whew doggies watch out all hell breaks loose.

The Apple haters have to find any little thing they can to keep hating on our choice of phone.
    Did you see that HTC USA tweeted out a joke already?

Total CLASSLESS act. I have no admiration for HTC anymore.
    iJuan likes this.
    09-24-2014 11:16 PM
    Did you see that HTC USA tweeted out a joke already?

Total CLASSLESS act. I have no admiration for HTC anymore.
    No I didn't see that. I can see Samsung doing a commercial about this now.

They seriously need to come up with another slogan #thenextbigthing is becoming #thenextbigjoke.
    iJuan likes this.
    09-24-2014 11:19 PM

Even BlackBerry jumped on the bandwagon this morning as they introduced the big square thing.
    iJuan and DoyouFanBoyBro like this.
    09-24-2014 11:20 PM
    Even BlackBerry jumped on the bandwagon this morning as they introduced the big square thing.
    Haha OMG the Passport is so FUGLY!!
    iJuan, decypher44 and Hiri89 like this.
    09-24-2014 11:20 PM
    The big square turd!
    iJuan likes this.
    09-24-2014 11:22 PM
    Just let it go. Both HTC and blackberry are struggling and well, Samsung is just Samsung. I find it surprising blackberry joined in though considering a Q10 bent recently.
    Last edited by jdhooghe; 09-25-2014 at 12:14 AM.
    iJuan and DoyouFanBoyBro like this.
    09-24-2014 11:24 PM
    And yet you started a new thread about it...
    Hiri89 and anaphora68 like this.
    09-24-2014 11:26 PM
    And yet you started a new thread about it...
    There's always a comment like this in every thread.
    09-24-2014 11:35 PM
    He does have a point though. This just continues the attention to it regardless of the validity of these claims. Just let it go
    09-24-2014 11:49 PM
    BlackBerrry who?

I'm sick of this "bendgate" crap also!
    People just wanna blow it out of proportion, but whatever doesn't bother me I love my big iPhone, and if it bends oh freaking well!!! Aluminum bends, I'll just get a new one
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    09-24-2014 11:59 PM
    You express your distaste for the continued discussion of the bending screen by...continuing the discussion of the bending screen.

The big, annoying, idiotic thread was closed...put to death after having been dead and beaten for many hours...and you resurrect the issue with a new thread.
    09-25-2014 12:13 AM
    No I didn't see that. I can see Samsung doing a commercial about this now.

They seriously need to come up with another slogan #thenextbigthing is becoming #thenextbigjoke.
    I'm no lawyer by any stretch of the imagination. But I think Apple could sue Samsung for defamation if they made a commercial insinuating that your iPhone will bend.
    09-25-2014 12:27 AM
    I've debated deleting Facebook over that video. I have a ton of android freaks on my Facebook who seen that video and shared it a billion times so every iPhone owner could see it. Like get a life... It's an aluminum phone, you wanted thinner, lighter and bigger?... If your a complete dingleweed with your phone yeah it will probably bend. Use your head
    Les74, kch50428 and DoyouFanBoyBro like this.
    09-25-2014 01:45 AM
    CNN, FOX, My local news, my local news from home, they are all talking about this....even E!

it's so annoying!!!

the funny thing is that you always see the same pictures of the bent phone over and over, the same video over and over... so they are basing this bend gate thing by a freaking video and 2 or 3 pics!!!!
    DoyouFanBoyBro likes this.
    09-25-2014 01:52 AM
    I've debated deleting Facebook over that video. I have a ton of android freaks on my Facebook who seen that video and shared it a billion times so every iPhone owner could see it. Like get a life... It's an aluminum phone, you wanted thinner, lighter and bigger?... If your a complete dingleweed with your phone yeah it will probably bend. Use your head
    lol, dingleweed. Gonna' use that

And yes, it is the same photos over and over and over again.
    Hiri89 likes this.
    09-25-2014 03:14 AM
    I agree with you. This is rubbish. I realised it doesn't matter how great a product is, there will always be negative remarks that try bring it down. Jeez......
    I got asked today at work about this bending thing and peeps saying I shouldn't of gotten the 6+. Oh well, I'm gonna carry on pimping with my 6+ no matter what these critics say word word lol.
    09-25-2014 03:41 AM
    I'm no lawyer by any stretch of the imagination. But I think Apple could sue Samsung for defamation if they made a commercial insinuating that your iPhone will bend.
    It isn't defamation if they show other people saying it will bend. Unless they sue in the UK, I hear their defamation laws are pretty scary
    09-25-2014 03:52 AM
    Look, let's all be serious for just one moment. "Bendgate" = It's Gods way of saying "If you are a male; you do not need to be wearing skinny jeans."
    09-25-2014 06:06 AM
    Join the dark side! I deleted mine 2 weeks ago and am much happier for it.
    DoyouFanBoyBro, Cmatt1971 and HAWK like this.
    09-25-2014 07:57 AM
    I was in the bar with some buddies last night and one of them started giving me s**t over this ridiculousness. He kept bringing up the video he saw where it was bent, kept saying 'only Apple', and and going on and on about my choice. Finally I had enough and said "give me your phone" which is a galaxy S5. He said "for what". I said "well like you said, only apple. So you shouldn't have any issues at all with me trying to do the same thing to your phone with my hands".....

That put an end to the b.s. right then and there.
    DoyouFanBoyBro, Les74 and kch50428 like this.
    09-25-2014 08:01 AM
    I was in the bar with some buddies last night and one of them started giving me s**t over this ridiculousness. He kept bringing up the video he saw where it was bent, kept saying 'only Apple', and and going on and on about my choice. Finally I had enough and said "give me your phone" which is a galaxy S5. He said "for what". I said "well like you said, only apple. So you shouldn't have any issues at all with me trying to do the same thing to your phone with my hands".....

That put an end to the b.s. right then and there.
    Classic! I know way too many people that act that way.
    09-25-2014 08:04 AM
    Maybe I missed something but what is supposed to be the downside of having your phone bend instead of break when pressure is put on it?

I hear a lot of complaints about the bending but is anyone complaining about any specific issues due to bending? Any issues the iPhone 6 and 6+ have, are not due to bending when in a back pocket, are they?
    09-25-2014 01:24 PM
    Maybe I missed something but what is supposed to be the downside of having your phone bend instead of break when pressure is put on it?

I hear a lot of complaints about the bending but is anyone complaining about any specific issues due to bending? Any issues the iPhone 6 and 6+ have, are not due to bending when in a back pocket, are they?
    I don't have any pictures handy, but you could google the images released that allegedly show the bent phones in question. We are not talking a subtle bend and there isn't an advantage of bending vs breaking because keeping your phone in your pocket shouldn't cause either to happen. While I still question the validity of any of it, I would without question tell you that if I spend $300 on a phone let alone upwards of $1,000 out of contract, I wouldn't want it bending...period.
    09-25-2014 01:33 PM
26 12