I know you can reserve for pickup on the Apple site with a 2 year contract. But I was wondering if you're able to reserve one for pickup when you want to buy it without a contract. Does anyone know? I have Verizon

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    09-23-2014 07:58 PM
  2. SeanHRCC said: Best Answer

I lied...and I actually just chatted with someone at Apple...they said the only way to get a Verizon model unsubsidized is to go to the retail store itself to pick it up, and that it cannot be ordered online.

Can you buy a Verizon brand iPhone 6 Plus full retail on Apple site?-screen-shot-2014-09-23-8.35.28-pm.png
    Yup.
    09-23-2014 08:02 PM
    I looked and didn't see that option. Only full price I noticed was for t-mobile I would call.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk
    09-23-2014 08:02 PM
    I lied...and I actually just chatted with someone at Apple...they said the only way to get a Verizon model unsubsidized is to go to the retail store itself to pick it up, and that it cannot be ordered online.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-09-23 at 8.35.28 PM.png 
Views:	270 
Size:	114.5 KB 
ID:	65897
    09-23-2014 08:34 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-09-23 at 8.35.28 PM.png 
Views:	270 
Size:	114.5 KB 
ID:	65897
    Ugh okay thank you. I had a 6+ available this morning at 6AM and it only gave me the option to use an upgrade with a 2 year contract. And by the time I was out of work it wasn't available any more

09-23-2014 08:45 PM
    I'm guessing that would be the same for AT&T....mmm
    09-23-2014 08:45 PM
    I'm guessing that would be the same for AT&T....mmm
    Nope...I was able to buy my AT&T 6 Plus online unsubsidized. It gave me the choice of having it shipped to me or picking it up locally...I just chose shipping.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-23-2014 08:52 PM
    Nope...I was able to buy my AT&T 6 Plus online unsubsidized. It gave me the choice of having it shipped to me or picking it up locally...I just chose shipping.
    Interesting didn't get that option. Only gives me the option of a two year. If I could I'd have my phone and not have to wait on att
    09-23-2014 08:54 PM
    Interesting didn't get that option. Only gives me the option of a two year. If I could I'd have my phone and not have to wait on att
    Maybe this happened because he didn't have an upgrade available?

09-23-2014 08:58 PM
    I ordered mine full price online & picked it up in store but maybe it worked because it was a pre order.
    09-23-2014 09:00 PM
    Dunno man...that's weird. Unless they changed this since the pre-order night...
    09-23-2014 09:04 PM
    Dunno man...that's weird. Unless they changed this since the pre-order night...
    Yeah maybe. Ah well back to the waiting game with AT&T lol
    09-23-2014 09:05 PM
    Maybe this happened because he didn't have an upgrade available?

Had two upgrades available on my account (one for me and one for my wife) since we haven't bought a subsidized iPhone in years. It gave me a choice between upgrading my account with a 2 year contract or another option for full retail. I simply chose the full retail price.
    09-23-2014 09:05 PM
    Had two upgrades available on my account (one for me and one for my wife) since we haven't bought a subsidized iPhone in years. It gave me a choice between upgrading my account with a 2 year contract or another option for full retail. I simply chose the full retail price.
    And it was for AT&T correct? It might just be a verizon thing

09-23-2014 09:10 PM

Mine is Verizon
    09-23-2014 09:18 PM
    Speaking from experience.....Apple does not sell the SIM free Carrier unlocked phones until right around black Friday. However I suppose if you paid full price for a carrier locked phone with the new legislation you could call ATT, TMO and they will unlock it for you. But all of the phones that are sold until then are carrier locked.
    09-23-2014 09:23 PM
    Speaking from experience.....Apple does not sell the SIM free Carrier unlocked phones until right around black Friday. However I suppose if you paid full price for a carrier locked phone with the new legislation you could call ATT, TMO and they will unlock it for you. But all of the phones that are sold until then are carrier locked.
    Incorrect....Verizon iPhones are unlocked & so are T-mo models
    09-23-2014 09:26 PM
    These are the options it gives me for my Verizon account

Attached Thumbnails Can you buy a Verizon brand iPhone 6 Plus full retail on Apple site?-2014-09-23-21.33.01.jpg   Can you buy a Verizon brand iPhone 6 Plus full retail on Apple site?-2014-09-23-21.32.32.jpg  
    09-23-2014 09:33 PM

Yes, it was AT&T like I stated before.
    tinobenz likes this.
    09-23-2014 09:36 PM
    These are the options it gives me for my Verizon account

Yep, I was in the exact same boat when I tried to pre-order on Apple. I ended up preordering directly through Verizon. Luckily it all worked out and my 6+ was still delivered on launch day. But it's nice to know that I could walk into an Apple Store and pay full price if I needed to do so.
    09-24-2014 12:02 AM
    Weird. In Australia the option to buy outright is normal and the phone comes unlocked which is the best.
    09-24-2014 06:10 AM
    Weird. In Australia the option to buy outright is normal and the phone comes unlocked which is the best.
    Not here in the good old USA. Carriers still rule with an iron fist.
    Verizon LTE phones come unlocked as part of a deal the last time they purchased spectrum, but phones other than iPhones have bands that don't always work with other carriers.
    Sprint phones are locked down completely, even when unlocked for international use they will not work on another carrier.
    ATT will fight you every bit of the way to unlock a phone.
    T-Mobile will unlock them but only after you have used it for 40 days. So my full price iPhone 6 that I bought launch day with no contract or payment plan has to wait to be unlocked.
    MaciLicous likes this.
    09-24-2014 07:35 AM
    ATT will fight you every bit of the way to unlock a phone.
    T-Mobile will unlock them but only after you have used it for 40 days. So my full price iPhone 6 that I bought launch day with no contract or payment plan has to wait to be unlocked.

True about AT&T. With T-Mobile they will unlock the phone, up to two a year as long as you OWN the phone. I unlocked my iPhone 5S just before selling it and I had it on the network for less than a week. Saving my next unlock for my 6+ which I also paid for in full.
    09-24-2014 01:19 PM
    True about AT&T. With T-Mobile they will unlock the phone, up to two a year as long as you OWN the phone. I unlocked my iPhone 5S just before selling it and I had it on the network for less than a week. Saving my next unlock for my 6+ which I also paid for in full.
    Yup except you need to have it active for 40 days. Even if paid in full.
    09-24-2014 02:19 PM
    I believe I may have a workaround, though it would be a pain. I'm hoping to buy it as new line on Verizon for in-store pickup, then when I'm at the store, tell them I'd like to return the item and purchase it full price instead. All carriers, including Verizon have a 14 day cancellation with full refund, so I don't see any issue, as long as the Apple employee will do it.

I assume any activation fee would also be refunded, or never incurred since I'd be returning immediately before activating?
    What do you think? Anyone done something like this? I'm afraid I'd also need to do this with AT&T as it doesn't want to allow me to select NEXT financing as an option online with my account.
    09-24-2014 03:17 PM
33 12