I went to the Apple Store to see the leather cases

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I asked the lady if I could exchange my black silicone case for the leather one and she said yes. I went to the back of the store to check them out. I wanted the black one because i got the black iPhone and it won't look good in other colors. So I grabbed the black case and almost asked the guy if I could at least touch them before buying one.

Until I noticed all the covers were on a table behind me. I grabbed the leather one and it was extremely scratched. I got the blue one and it was the same.

I couldn't help but scratch it a little bit more on purpose to see if it would scratch that easy and yes.... It scratched that easy. I'd be dammed if I have to pay 50 bucks for a case that will scratch that easily.

So I guess I'll have to stay with my silicone one even tho it always looks dirty and greasy.

raorth

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I love my brown leather case on my silver iphone. Leather scratches. I have had it on my phone a week now and with normal usage, no scratches.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I bought the black one for my 5S and it did not wear or scratch at all. I bought one for my 6 Plus, but didn't even open the package. I am returning it this week. I'm really liking the Spigen Neo Hybrid for daily use.

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I love my brown leather case on my silver iphone. Leather scratches. I have had it on my phone a week now and with normal usage, no scratches.

I take care of my phone like if it were a baby lol. But I'm picky and get cray if I see a scratch on my phone or the case I'm using. I think it would get scratches when I put in the pocket with the keys or when I put it in bag to go to school.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The leather case on my 6+ is no more scratch prone than the leather case that was on my 5S. Leather is a fabric, and like a wallet, you can take your fingernail, scratch it and it will leave a mark...TEMPORARILY. After a while the fabric is smoothed again from all kinds of things, and returns to it's original condition.

Can you damage a leather case? Sure! This isn't rocket science, we're talking about leather...if you're worried about potentially damaging it, then you're already a step behind the game, and should probably stick with a plastic case.

Me? I'm 110% satisfied and happy with my gorgeous blue leather case...just like I was with the black leather case on my 5S, and the red leather case on the 5S before that.

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I bought the black one for my 5S and it did not wear or scratch at all. I bought one for my 6 Plus, but didn't even open the package. I am returning it this week. I'm really liking the Spigen Neo Hybrid for daily use.

I'm waiting for my spigen. It will be here tomorrow if I'm not mistaken. I hope I like it!!!

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
The leather case on my 6+ is no more scratch prone than the leather case that was on my 5S. Leather is a fabric, and like a wallet, you can take your fingernail, scratch it and it will leave a mark...TEMPORARILY. After a while the fabric is smoothed again from all kinds of things, and returns to it's original condition.

Can you damage a leather case? Sure! This isn't rocket science, we're talking about leather...if you're worried about potentially damaging it, then you're already a step behind the game, and should probably stick with a plastic case.

Me? I'm 110% satisfied and happy with my gorgeous blue leather case...just like I was with the black leather case on my 5S, and the red leather case on the 5S before that.

I think the leather cases apple had for demonstration changed my mind. Those cases looked uglyyyy with so many scratches on them.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I have the leather case on my 5S now and I love it. But I too will be going with the Spigen Neo Hybrid case for the 6 plus. Spigen really makes good cases and the Spigen Neo Hybrid looks really cool.

Sent from my iPad Air. Best tablet on the planet.

TheFirm

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I asked the lady if I could exchange my black silicone case for the leather one and she said yes. I went to the back of the store to check them out. I wanted the black one because i got the black iPhone and it won't look good in other colors. So I grabbed the black case and almost asked the guy if I could at least touch them before buying one.

Until I noticed all the covers were on a table behind me. I grabbed the leather one and it was extremely scratched. I got the blue one and it was the same.

I couldn't help but scratch it a little bit more on purpose to see if it would scratch that easy and yes.... It scratched that easy. I'd be dammed if I have to pay 50 bucks for a case that will scratch that easily.

So I guess I'll have to stay with my silicone one even tho it always looks dirty and greasy.

Some accessory manufacturer will make one for cheap before you know it, I've already seen fabric cases for $29 on Amazon, wouldn't be surprised to see leather on there for around the same price soon. I also wanted to pick one up, but decided against it considering I'd already paid $30 for a spigen case.

Sent from my 128gb iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk via Sprint Spark

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I think the leather cases apple had for demonstration changed my mind. Those cases looked uglyyyy with so many scratches on them.

Hey man, your money, your choice...you're missing out on a great looking case though, and you're basing your judgement on something pretty hilarious. Ever looked at the Macbook Pro's in an apple store? See those dents? Yeahhhh...I've had mine for years, and it has no dents. It's called demo products...and they always appear worse for wear than your own stuff.

TGR1

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I had a red Twelve South leather flap cover for my 4. Over time the edges got worn and darkened, the flat parts either shiny or worn. And you know what? It was as lovely in its own way as when brand new. That to me is the beauty of leather. It ages wonderfully and takes on new character over its lifetime. And while it does scratch as long as it isn't too deep over time it wears and because another interesting layer over the natural grain. And it felt great too.

Man, that cover didn't really protect anything and had no durability (no more than 3-4m) but I still loved that cover. I would even spring for one for the 6+ I am getting.

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
I have the leather case on my 5S now and I love it. But I too will be going with the Spigen Neo Hybrid case for the 6 plus. Spigen really makes good cases and the Spigen Neo Hybrid looks really cool.

Sent from my iPad Air. Best tablet on the planet.

That's the car I have. It's nice and very slim.

sillymacboy

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I went with the leather case from Apple (Red, btw). I love it in my silver phone and the case looks great. No scratches yet, but no big deal to me if it does. Gives it character!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner