I asked the lady if I could exchange my black silicone case for the leather one and she said yes. I went to the back of the store to check them out. I wanted the black one because i got the black iPhone and it won't look good in other colors. So I grabbed the black case and almost asked the guy if I could at least touch them before buying one.

Until I noticed all the covers were on a table behind me. I grabbed the leather one and it was extremely scratched. I got the blue one and it was the same.

I couldn't help but scratch it a little bit more on purpose to see if it would scratch that easy and yes.... It scratched that easy. I'd be dammed if I have to pay 50 bucks for a case that will scratch that easily.

So I guess I'll have to stay with my silicone one even tho it always looks dirty and greasy.
    09-23-2014 06:34 PM
    I love my brown leather case on my silver iphone. Leather scratches. I have had it on my phone a week now and with normal usage, no scratches.
    09-23-2014 06:38 PM
    I bought the black one for my 5S and it did not wear or scratch at all. I bought one for my 6 Plus, but didn't even open the package. I am returning it this week. I'm really liking the Spigen Neo Hybrid for daily use.
    anon(73368) likes this.
    09-23-2014 06:40 PM
    I love my brown leather case on my silver iphone. Leather scratches. I have had it on my phone a week now and with normal usage, no scratches.
    I take care of my phone like if it were a baby lol. But I'm picky and get cray if I see a scratch on my phone or the case I'm using. I think it would get scratches when I put in the pocket with the keys or when I put it in bag to go to school.
    09-23-2014 06:41 PM
    The leather case on my 6+ is no more scratch prone than the leather case that was on my 5S. Leather is a fabric, and like a wallet, you can take your fingernail, scratch it and it will leave a mark...TEMPORARILY. After a while the fabric is smoothed again from all kinds of things, and returns to it's original condition.

Can you damage a leather case? Sure! This isn't rocket science, we're talking about leather...if you're worried about potentially damaging it, then you're already a step behind the game, and should probably stick with a plastic case.

Me? I'm 110% satisfied and happy with my gorgeous blue leather case...just like I was with the black leather case on my 5S, and the red leather case on the 5S before that.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-23-2014 06:42 PM
    09-23-2014 06:45 PM
    I bought the black one for my 5S and it did not wear or scratch at all. I bought one for my 6 Plus, but didn't even open the package. I am returning it this week. I'm really liking the Spigen Neo Hybrid for daily use.
    I'm waiting for my spigen. It will be here tomorrow if I'm not mistaken. I hope I like it!!!
    09-23-2014 06:46 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411512325.499576.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	236.2 KB 
ID:	65882

It looks so beautiful. It makes me want to go back and get it lol.
    09-23-2014 06:46 PM
    The leather case on my 6+ is no more scratch prone than the leather case that was on my 5S. Leather is a fabric, and like a wallet, you can take your fingernail, scratch it and it will leave a mark...TEMPORARILY. After a while the fabric is smoothed again from all kinds of things, and returns to it's original condition.

Can you damage a leather case? Sure! This isn't rocket science, we're talking about leather...if you're worried about potentially damaging it, then you're already a step behind the game, and should probably stick with a plastic case.

Me? I'm 110% satisfied and happy with my gorgeous blue leather case...just like I was with the black leather case on my 5S, and the red leather case on the 5S before that.

I think the leather cases apple had for demonstration changed my mind. Those cases looked uglyyyy with so many scratches on them.
    09-23-2014 06:48 PM
    09-23-2014 06:48 PM
    That's it. Getting mine next week. Now to decide on a color.

Excuse my thumbs as they tap away on my "6" #SwipeLife
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-23-2014 06:49 PM
    I have the leather case on my 5S now and I love it. But I too will be going with the Spigen Neo Hybrid case for the 6 plus. Spigen really makes good cases and the Spigen Neo Hybrid looks really cool.

Sent from my iPad Air. Best tablet on the planet.
    09-23-2014 06:52 PM
    I asked the lady if I could exchange my black silicone case for the leather one and she said yes. I went to the back of the store to check them out. I wanted the black one because i got the black iPhone and it won't look good in other colors. So I grabbed the black case and almost asked the guy if I could at least touch them before buying one.

Until I noticed all the covers were on a table behind me. I grabbed the leather one and it was extremely scratched. I got the blue one and it was the same.

I couldn't help but scratch it a little bit more on purpose to see if it would scratch that easy and yes.... It scratched that easy. I'd be dammed if I have to pay 50 bucks for a case that will scratch that easily.

So I guess I'll have to stay with my silicone one even tho it always looks dirty and greasy.
    Some accessory manufacturer will make one for cheap before you know it, I've already seen fabric cases for $29 on Amazon, wouldn't be surprised to see leather on there for around the same price soon. I also wanted to pick one up, but decided against it considering I'd already paid $30 for a spigen case.

Sent from my 128gb iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk via Sprint Spark
    09-23-2014 07:16 PM
    I think the leather cases apple had for demonstration changed my mind. Those cases looked uglyyyy with so many scratches on them.
    Hey man, your money, your choice...you're missing out on a great looking case though, and you're basing your judgement on something pretty hilarious. Ever looked at the Macbook Pro's in an apple store? See those dents? Yeahhhh...I've had mine for years, and it has no dents. It's called demo products...and they always appear worse for wear than your own stuff.
    09-23-2014 07:41 PM
    I had a red Twelve South leather flap cover for my 4. Over time the edges got worn and darkened, the flat parts either shiny or worn. And you know what? It was as lovely in its own way as when brand new. That to me is the beauty of leather. It ages wonderfully and takes on new character over its lifetime. And while it does scratch as long as it isn't too deep over time it wears and because another interesting layer over the natural grain. And it felt great too.

Man, that cover didn't really protect anything and had no durability (no more than 3-4m) but I still loved that cover. I would even spring for one for the 6+ I am getting.
    09-23-2014 07:56 PM
    I have the leather case on my 5S now and I love it. But I too will be going with the Spigen Neo Hybrid case for the 6 plus. Spigen really makes good cases and the Spigen Neo Hybrid looks really cool.

That's the car I have. It's nice and very slim.
    09-23-2014 08:56 PM
    OMG...leather scratches?
    kilofoxtrot and trandz like this.
    09-23-2014 09:03 PM
    What is a leather case going to protect ?? Zero nada ... Gotta go ottorbox
    09-23-2014 09:28 PM
    Put a leather case on your phone, put it on its face, and try to scratch the back of the phone with the sharp edge of a knife.
    See if the leather case doesn't protect your phone from that.
    TheFirm and TheRewardisCheese like this.
    09-23-2014 09:32 PM
    I went with the leather case from Apple (Red, btw). I love it in my silver phone and the case looks great. No scratches yet, but no big deal to me if it does. Gives it character!
    09-23-2014 09:36 PM
    You have literally no clue what you're talking about. None.
    09-23-2014 10:06 PM
    I went with the leather case from Apple (Red, btw). I love it in my silver phone and the case looks great. No scratches yet, but no big deal to me if it does. Gives it character!
    I went with the red on my 5s last year and within 2 months it was so black and gross. I loved the case so much I got the black one. The only thing that happened to that case was when I dropped it on concrete it slid across it and scratched the back. The phone was fine. I just pulled the flappy parts off and it was great again.

I haven't gotten the apple case yet as I purchased a Spigen case (which should be here tomorrow). I'll try that first then go the leather case. I really like the red but I'm afraid it will look bad like it did on my 5s. Blue looks good as well though! Decisions, decisions!
    09-23-2014 10:53 PM
    Just as an example, if you get a leather case, a tempered glass screen protector and have manufacturers warranty and a carrier protection plan, why exactly do you need a bulky otter box?

Those things are bulky, hard to remove, get dust trapped under the screen protector, the rubber wears out after a few weeks of pulling it out and putting it back into your pocket, etc.

Otter box cases seem a bit extreme, IMO

Sent from my Apple iPad Air using Tapatalk
    09-23-2014 11:10 PM
    Just as an example, if you get a leather case, a tempered glass screen protector and have manufacturers warranty and a carrier protection plan, why exactly do you need a bulky otter box?

Those things are bulky, hard to remove, get dust trapped under the screen protector, the rubber wears out after a few weeks of pulling it out and putting it back into your pocket, etc.

Otter box cases seem a bit extreme, IMO

Sent from my Apple iPad Air using Tapatalk
    I used to be into the rugged cases, but I have since stopped using them
    because it was overkill. I didn't really need that type of protection.
    I have the black leather Apple case on my 5S and it has done the job
    well. I have dropped it several times and no damage. And the case looks to be
    in good shape still too. I have no complaints about it. I would have
    gotten the leather case for my 6 plus that will be on its way in anohter
    month, but the Spigen case looked better and was half the price.

TheFirm likes this.
    09-23-2014 11:31 PM
    I went with the red on my 5s last year and within 2 months it was so black and gross. I loved the case so much I got the black one. The only thing that happened to that case was when I dropped it on concrete it slid across it and scratched the back. The phone was fine. I just pulled the flappy parts off and it was great again.
    I'll keep an eye out for it getting dirty. I like the feel of the leather case. Not much extra size and just the right about of grip to make the phone comfortable for the single-handed balancing act.

I don't really use a case for major protection. Just to keep the phone in nice shape and to change the color around. Sometimes I don't feel like a case at all but the phone is still too new for me to risk that!
    Last edited by sillymacboy; 09-24-2014 at 12:24 AM.
    Hiri89 likes this.
    09-24-2014 12:09 AM
40 12