I went to the Apple Store to see the leather cases

mattrock2003

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I went with the leather case from Apple (Red, btw). I love it in my silver phone and the case looks great. No scratches yet, but no big deal to me if it does. Gives it character!

I went with the red on my 5s last year and within 2 months it was so black and gross. I loved the case so much I got the black one. The only thing that happened to that case was when I dropped it on concrete it slid across it and scratched the back. The phone was fine. I just pulled the flappy parts off and it was great again.

I haven't gotten the apple case yet as I purchased a Spigen case (which should be here tomorrow). I'll try that first then go the leather case. I really like the red but I'm afraid it will look bad like it did on my 5s. Blue looks good as well though! Decisions, decisions!

TheFirm

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
What is a leather case going to protect ?? Zero nada ... Gotta go ottorbox

Just as an example, if you get a leather case, a tempered glass screen protector and have manufacturers warranty and a carrier protection plan, why exactly do you need a bulky otter box?

Those things are bulky, hard to remove, get dust trapped under the screen protector, the rubber wears out after a few weeks of pulling it out and putting it back into your pocket, etc.

Otter box cases seem a bit extreme, IMO

Sent from my Apple iPad Air using Tapatalk

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Just as an example, if you get a leather case, a tempered glass screen protector and have manufacturers warranty and a carrier protection plan, why exactly do you need a bulky otter box?

Those things are bulky, hard to remove, get dust trapped under the screen protector, the rubber wears out after a few weeks of pulling it out and putting it back into your pocket, etc.

Otter box cases seem a bit extreme, IMO

Sent from my Apple iPad Air using Tapatalk

I used to be into the rugged cases, but I have since stopped using them
because it was overkill. I didn't really need that type of protection.
I have the black leather Apple case on my 5S and it has done the job
well. I have dropped it several times and no damage. And the case looks to be
in good shape still too. I have no complaints about it. I would have
gotten the leather case for my 6 plus that will be on its way in anohter
month, but the Spigen case looked better and was half the price.

Sent from my iPad Air. Best tablet on the planet.

sillymacboy

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I went with the red on my 5s last year and within 2 months it was so black and gross. I loved the case so much I got the black one. The only thing that happened to that case was when I dropped it on concrete it slid across it and scratched the back. The phone was fine. I just pulled the flappy parts off and it was great again.

I'll keep an eye out for it getting dirty. I like the feel of the leather case. Not much extra size and just the right about of grip to make the phone comfortable for the single-handed balancing act.

I don't really use a case for major protection. Just to keep the phone in nice shape and to change the color around. Sometimes I don't feel like a case at all but the phone is still too new for me to risk that!

Last edited:

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I asked the lady if I could exchange my black silicone case for the leather one and she said yes. I went to the back of the store to check them out. I wanted the black one because i got the black iPhone and it won't look good in other colors. So I grabbed the black case and almost asked the guy if I could at least touch them before buying one.

Until I noticed all the covers were on a table behind me. I grabbed the leather one and it was extremely scratched. I got the blue one and it was the same.

I couldn't help but scratch it a little bit more on purpose to see if it would scratch that easy and yes.... It scratched that easy. I'd be dammed if I have to pay 50 bucks for a case that will scratch that easily.

So I guess I'll have to stay with my silicone one even tho it always looks dirty and greasy.

Clip your nails.

lisainsf

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
If you want nice leather check out vaja cases. I am waiting on my custom black and orange one. I will report on it when it gets here. They are double the price though but made with a better leather

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Worn leather (including scratches) looks great IMO. I have a worn leather courier bag by Waterfield that keeps getting better as it ages.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Leather actually looks nicer once used for a while. It gets better as it ages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mpn_14

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys and girls this is my first post. I had the spigen neo hybrid in the Dante red but it made my plus more bulky than I like so I've now got the black leather case with space grey and love it. Feels good in the hand and looks classy imo

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I had leather cases on my 5s.

They didn't wear particularly well, but then, that's to be expected. This is why Apple went with dark colours for the leather cases this year.

They DID fit very well and kept the phone's back and sides looking pristine. So if I were to go with a case for my 6, I'd go with an Apple silicone case.

But they're not in stock at the various Toronto Apple Stores and I find I'm rather liking the phone without a case...

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I really, REALLY like the look of colored leather cases, however now I'm hesitant to get one for my own devices. A friend bought a $70 leather Coach case for his iPhone 5s. IIRC (he didn't use it for long) it was orange and...brown I want to say? Anyway, he wears dark jeans a lot, and within weeks the orange part was very dingy from the dye from his jeans.

pri79269

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys and girls this is my first post. I had the spigen neo hybrid in the Dante red but it made my plus more bulky than I like so I've now got the black leather case with space grey and love it. Feels good in the hand and looks classy imo

Same here. I bought the leather case because my Spigen hadn't come it by launch day. It arrived and I used it for 3 days before I went back to the Apple Leather case. It just felt so big. The Apple case is very sleek and seems to be holding up well. I often toss it in my bag and so far, no real issues.

jonathanb2677

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
No knock off will look as good as apples and yes leather scratches easy but will wear nice once it's all broken in, it was the same with the ones last year for the 5s

falconeight

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Think that there is nothing cooler looking than a worn leather product. My wife has a pink vaja on her i5s and it looks amazing.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up a black leather case from Apple tonight. I must say it looks great! It'll be my daily case. I'm thinking about getting a red leather or green silicone case to use on occasion.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2