There are a few cases of the iPhone 6 Plus bending, circulating online

Status
Not open for further replies.

martinlmnt

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I do think if you're not going to be careful enough with such an expensive device then what do you expect? Most things will bend if you apply enough pressure to them.. though for this... it must be some REAL pressure... just be more careful with it...

terreos

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Someone give me a galaxy s5 or a note 3. I could most likely snap those phones with the amount of pressure being exerted in that video. And I don't know what people are expecting. It's aluminum, not adamantium.

cbobb123

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
No it shouldn't. If you have small pockets buy a small phone. The argument that Apple should anticipate and design a phone that can withstand anything a user does to it is ridiculous. If that was the case Otterbox, etc. would be out of business. Apple shouldn't have to design for lack of common sense. It's arguments like this that make me more afraid for the general population every day. It's bad enough we need warnings on lemon scented cleansers so that people won't think it's lemon juice and put it on food.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not asking for the iPhone to withstand a nuclear bomb. But it should be able to withstand a bit of pressure from "small pockets". I wear skinny jeans and my HTC one Max is still doing fine. All Apple had to do was make it a few mm thicker. No protruding camera, slightly bigger battery capacity and less likely of this bending happening.

Timm4y77

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I would be a little worried if I learned that I could break my phone with my bare hands if I applied a little force to it.

I work out, but I'm not Hercules. I'm pretty sure I could bend/deform just about any phone you put in my hands, if I wanted to. If you disagree, start reading a physics book.

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
apple is good at taking care of its customers. I say keep the phone and if it gets bent, take it back to apple. if it doesn't then you're in the clear.

now that said, I will first say again I don't know if this is legit or just some hype click bait and apple hater-aid.

we'll find out soon enough. if its real apple will have a tsunami of returns to deal with. if not it'll blow over in a week or so.

but with that out of the way some of the reactions in this thread strike me as nuts.

pretty much the entire cell phone using world keeps their phones in their pockets. (personally I don't know a single person who doesn't) even Steve Jobs carried his in his pocket. Thats why he had the front changed to glass on the original when his keys scratched the surface. look it up.

but now suddenly people are boneheads for expecting phones to be kept in their pockets and not be bent, even in loose clothes? seriously?

no people will keep their phones in their front pockets. and if this issue is bull, it'll blow over. if its for real, then apple will have a fiasco on its hands and "you're carrying it wrong" will not fix it.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
It amazes me how many Apple devices are used every single release just to demonstrate how they can be destroyed. What a flipping waste. People are waiting 5 weeks for a phone to deliver just so they can enjoy it while hundreds are being shot, blended, run over, vice gripped, flushed and now bent. I want to start a new program where Apple sends me all of its new devices for free so I can show how not to purposely destroy a perfectly good phone.

Timm4y77

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
This is dumbest thing I've seen in a while

This whole thing is blowing so far out of proportion. I'm losing faith in the human race.

The guy stood there and tried to bend it.

This video is hilarious. He tried bending the Note the opposite direction of the 6+. LOL. Way to do a precise comparison.......

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
It amazes me how many Apple devices are used every single release just to demonstrate how they can be destroyed. What a flipping waste. People are waiting 5 weeks for a phone to deliver just so they can enjoy it while hundreds are being shot, blended, run over, vice gripped, flushed and now bent. I want to start a new program where Apple sends me all of its new devices for free so I can show how not to purposely destroy a perfectly good phone.

Hahaha I know!! How do these morons get these phones to do this crap? Do they waste money on them just to destroy them or what? Sheesh give me the phone and I'll "destroy it" all day LOL.

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
pretty much the entire cell phone using world keeps their phones in their pockets. (personally I don't know a single person who doesn't) even Steve Jobs carried his in his pocket. Thats why he had the front changed to glass on the original when his keys scratched the surface. look it up.

but now suddenly people are boneheads for expecting phones to be kept in their pockets and not be bent, even in loose clothes? seriously?

no people will keep their phones in their front pockets. and if this issue is bull, it'll blow over. if its for real, then apple will have a fiasco on its hands and "you're carrying it wrong" will not fix it.

Steve Jobs wasn't carrying a phone with a 5.5" screen around in his pocket.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
The issue are these two people one of which spent 8 hours in a car with the screen laying(it looks like) across his leg with the tension in his pants causing a continuous force on the edges. It's about saying, "wow, maybe I should change the orientation"

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Does that really give it an excuse to bend so easily? I think it has less to do with size and more to do with thinness.
thinness as well as the material its made with. if polycarbonate is better, then why use metal? because its pretty? LOL it's not so pretty if it gets bent due to being in peoples front pockets.

I think its safe to say most everyday people care more about being able to keep their phones in their pockets without the phone warping, as well as battery life and better cameras than things like having the thinnest phone possible, made of aluminum.

mark my words. if the phone does bend just from being in people's front pockets, apple is about to have a public relations nightmare, tons of returns and it won't be pretty. Heck even I may switch to the samsung note, if my iphone bends. call me crazy but I want a phone I can keep in my pocket, that also has a screen I can read without squinting.

if the phone doesn't bend in peoples pockets then it'll all blow over. and I'll love my new iphone when it gets here next month.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Does that really give it an excuse to bend so easily? I think it has less to do with size and more to do with thinness.

I don't worry about things outside my control. My plus is fine and has been in pocket off and on since fri. I have a warranty for a couple of years even if there was an issue. No worries here.

I'm sitting here marveling at the screen. It's fantastic. Best iPhone I've owned. Meanwhile I'm laughing at everyone who's upset over this nonsense. You're just feeding the trolls.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't worry about things outside my control. My plus is fine and has been in pocket off and on since fri. I have a warranty for a couple of years even if there was an issue. No worries here.

I'm sitting here marveling at the screen. It's fantastic. Best iPhone I've owned. Meanwhile I'm laughing at everyone who's upset over this nonsense. You're just feeding the trolls.

Exactly. What he said.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
No. Canceling my preorder would be way too much work, because with said preorder, my wife and I are porting our numbers from AT&T to Verizon. I'm going to wait until the phone is delivered and then take it to the store and exchange it for a 6.

It's natural to be concerned but this is over 2 people and whole lot of exaggeration. If you don't feel like you can reasonably situation a large phone then that's absolutely ok, get the six. We all respect your decision even if some don't agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR