There are a few cases of the iPhone 6 Plus bending, circulating online

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoyouFanBoyBro

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
There is no actual proof that it was in the front pocket, just what he said. The other video of the un-box therapy guy that so happened to have a slightly bent phone also in the exact day they had been reported is also suspect. The amount of pressure he had to use to bend his iPhone is also stupid.

Look at his HAND in the video as well his hand is literally SHAKING to get it to bend that way.

TomsAndroid

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Look at his HAND in the video as well his hand is literally SHAKING to get it to bend that way.

That was extreme though. I could easily believe that a lot less force from your pocket could still result in a little bit of warping. Obviously bending it that much would require something stupid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TomsAndroid

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Honestly get out of here with this garbage.

You know what ? I've lost faith in humanity of people really think this is apples fault. PS. Do yourselves favors and keep yourselves intellectually honest and look up the HTC ONE bending. Yes. It ALSO bends. There's several threads online about it

Physics.

Apple designed the phone. The phone's design allows it to bend. It is Apple's fault.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I swear some of you could win the damn mega millions only to immediately ***** about the taxes.

My dad used to tell my sister all the time that if someone handed her a crisp new $100 bill that she?s complain because it wasn?t five $20 bills.

The problem with your post, Finn, is that it makes complete and total sense to a reasonable person. Not sure that we are really dealing with that class of people here. :)

The obvious solution to this issue is to alternate the phone's position (face up/face down) in your pocket. That way, IF it bends one way, the next time it will straighten itself out. (To clarify for those of lower intelligence, that was a joke.)

DoyouFanBoyBro

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Apple designed the phone. The phone's design allows it to bend. It is Apple's fault.

I suppose it's also apples "fault" the phone can't withstand a nuclear blast. ?

I wonder if these things are Urine proof too? I'll get back to you guys after I go do a pee test

Shark proof ? Lather it in blood stick it in the ocean . I wonder if it can hold up?

Once again. HTC ONEs also were bending.

TomsAndroid

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I suppose it's also apples "fault" the phone can't withstand a nuclear blast. ?

I wonder if these things are Urine proof too? I'll get back to you guys after I go do a pee test

Shark proof ? Lather it in blood stick it in the ocean . I wonder if it can hold up?

Once again. HTC ONEs also were bending.

Wow, you're hilarious. Funny thing is though, I know of not one person who urinates on their phone, or expects it to withstand that.

What's even funnier is that I know people who like to carry their phones in their pocket! And they even keep them in there!

These strange people expect their phones to stay straight under regular conditions...lol! You're right, what is wrong with these people? Why would they expect that a $1000 device, designed for your pocket, would be capable of being in there without trying to emulate an LG Flex???

And yes, it is Apple's fault. Just like it's HTC's fault if an HTC One happens to bend under its intended usage. Which doesn't seem to happen. Of course, we don't know for sure that it happens with the Plus...yet.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
That's the thing...I don't want to pull out my phone at every class at school. I may not have room on my desk, or I might be doing something that poses a risk to my phone. I can't necessarily put it in my bag either, as that's often hard to access or out of the way. And I want to use my phone in these situations! That's why I've got it! I can understand having my iPad mini sitting out on a desk, for its occasional use. But the whole advantage of a phone to me is that it's in my pocket, ready for when I need it! I shouldn't be limited, or have to change my habits, all because of a potentially flawed design.

I really hope that I can be persuaded about this being a non-issue. I want the Plus a LOT. But I'm a user who always keeps their phone in their pocket, and I wear tightish pants sometimes. I can already imagine that there might be enough force there to bend this phone...

That is fair. I shouldn't ever assume everyone's situations are the same. All we have to this point are people's accusations. We don't have proof the bent phones were in front pockets. We don't have proof that these situations occurred under normal duress. The same accusations and pictures occurred with the 5 and 5S too and that resulted in nothing of substance. Hopefully this doesn't preclude you from giving the 6 or 6+ a try as they are great phones. But you have to take care of yourself and your needs first. Best of luck to you in whatever you decide to do :)

ardoreal

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
It's only interesting if you don't realize what you're watching...which is a plastic phone being compared to an aluminum phone in terms of bending.

Guess what other popular device has the same kind of bending "issue"? The iPad Mini/iPad Air.

Guess how many people are talking about that? Nobody.

Why you ask? Because this isn't an issue.

That's just your opinion, that it isn't an issue. It sure is an issue to me. What I saw was a far more forgiving device to the mishaps that may happen in life, but since you're perfect I suppose that's why this isn't an issue. I can understand why people will still want this phone and make the decision to be more careful with it, I can respect that, and their opinions. <comment removed by moderator>.

Last edited by a moderator:

TomsAndroid

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
That is fair. I shouldn't ever assume everyone's situations are the same. All we have to this point are people's accusations. We don't have proof the bent phones were in front pockets. We don't have proof that these situations occurred under normal duress. The same accusations and pictures occurred with the 5 and 5S too and that resulted in nothing of substance. Hopefully this doesn't preclude you from giving the 6 or 6+ a try as they are great phones. But you have to take care of yourself and your needs first. Best of luck to you in whatever you decide to do :)

Thank you. I hope as much as anyone that this isn't an issue. And I can't know if I'd have it until I try it myself. I'd just make sure to check about replacement and warranty before j bought, to be on the safe side.

I guess I'm just so worried because I don't want something as ridiculous as this ruining such a great device.

DoyouFanBoyBro

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Wow, you're hilarious. Funny thing is though, I know of not one person who urinates on their phone, or expects it to withstand that.

What's even funnier is that I know people who like to carry their phones in their pocket! And they even keep them in there!

These strange people expect their phones to stay straight under regular conditions...lol! You're right, what is wrong with these people? Why would they expect that a $1000 device, designed for your pocket, would be capable of being in there without trying to emulate an LG Flex???

And yes, it is Apple's fault. Just like it's HTC's fault if an HTC One happens to bend under its intended usage. Which doesn't seem to happen. Of course, we don't know for sure that it happens with the Plus...yet.

I've been keeping my 6 plus in my jeans pocket since I bought it. Mine is just fine

Yet you rush to conclusions and immediately assume bending is the case with about what... I count 4 pictures out there on the net ? And a video of a guys hand shaking to bend one ?

10 million sold iPhone 6's?

Right. Apples fault.

TomsAndroid

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I've been keeping my 6 plus in my jeans pocket since I bought it. Mine is just fine

Yet you rush to conclusions and immediately assume bending is the case with about what... I count 4 pictures out there on the net ? And a video of a guys hand shaking to bend one ?

10 million sold iPhone 6's?

Right. Apples fault.

Read the last sentence you quoted :p

I'm glad to hear of a real life case, thanks. If I hear of enough people using the phone similarly to how I would, without issues, I'll be very happy.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Either way, it shouldn't be bending in any sort of jeans....

If you put a large, thin aluminum rectangle in your back pocket and sit on it for hours at time, there will always be a chance that it will get damaged. Common sense has to play a part in this.

I have personally carried my cellphone in my back jeans pocket for years - BlackBerries and iPhones. But I always removed it from my pocket when I sit down. It’s a matter of both common sense and convenience.

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
This sucks. My 6 Plus is on its way and now it looks like I'll have to turn around and exchange it for a 6. If I can't put my phone in my FRONT pocket, that's a deal breaker. My iPhone 5 has lived in my front pocket for two years now.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Please refrain from backseat modding.

This means taking a moderator-like tone in criticizing other members. Do not do this. If you feel a post or thread requires moderation, please use the report post button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal