There are a few cases of the iPhone 6 Plus bending, circulating online

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I never put a phone in my back pocket, never, but let's face it! I am fat and that means my pockets are curved from the inside as fat is pushing outward, that alone bent my iPhone 5S a little but it's thick device so you can hardly notice it bent.

Something as the 6 Plus which is so thin, if bent will look really bad. Btw I don't wear skinny jeans, I don't even like jeans. All my pants are big, really big. Even my pocket is huge that it fits my iPad Mini yet they bent the 5S :D

This topic already scared me that I don't think I will ever put my 6 Plus in my pocket, maybe I will have to carry it around or put it in some of the additional pockets I got in some of my pants (those low pockets beside the knees).

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Search on Google and you'll see reports of the HTC one and HTC Evo bending. This is not new however anything to bash apple *rolls eyes*

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Ill be more cautious but no worries here. I don't mind the "gates" that pop up each year. Especially if Apple mitigates the issue in future models.

Is it fair that Apple receives the scrutiny? Probably not but that's the price you pay when you have a top brand. Any android maker would love to have this much attention.
That is 100% true. I just find it funny when someone says "It shouldn't do that!" Well, then. Blame Apple for making a phone with lots of aluminum. Or blame physics because physics. But to insinuate that Apple made a cheap product is just dumb.

tattooed4515

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm not too worried about it. Look how hard the guy had to press on it. His hands were shaking. Just don't sit on the phone and you'll be alright. If you wear skinny jeans, preferably find a different taste in jeans, or find a different way to carry the phone. And for those saying no others bend or whatever, read the whole thread before you put your foot in your mouth. Links have been provided showing that other phones have had this issue.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm not too worried about it. Look how hard the guy had to press on it. His hands were shaking. Just don't sit on the phone and you'll be alright. If you wear skinny jeans, preferably find a different taste in jeans, or find a different way to carry the phone. And for those saying no others bend or whatever, read the whole thread before you put your foot in your mouth. Links have been provided showing that other phones have had this issue.

To the guy's credit, he did say he wanted to bend it to the point where the phone was affected that badly. He wasn't really trying to bend it to prove it can bend. He just wanted to see how much damage it could actually cause.

tattooed4515

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Ok. But everything can be damaged. I knew getting this phone that it could bend. Everyone probably should. That's like hitting the screen with a hammer to see if it will break

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
It drives me crazy when I hear people blaming Apple because they can't take proper care of their stuff. Put it in a case or make sure it has room in your pocket. I baby all of my iPhones, like all of my technology and I have never had an issue.

Art H

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
After seeing both units first hand for the first time I am concerned that I will not be able to use my 6 plus the way I used my previous phones. I don't want to relearn to use my phone. I am seriously considering canceling my order at this point. I am very adventurous and very active, I will have many instances where the durability will be tested. Having said that I don't believe Apple has done their best work with the engineering of these phones (keeping in mind my financial future rests on AAPL). It could be a non-issue but from what I have seen the phones don't have that "robust" feel of the previous generations. Granted the 2g dented like crazy and the 3g and 3gs had cracks adjacent to the volume and vibrate buttons.

rdubmu

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
This concerns me, I always keep my phone in my pocket at work. I work in a restaurant and I love how small the 5s fits in it, what I hate about the 5s is the battery, it's the only reason I wanna get the 6 plus.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
After seeing both units first hand for the first time I am concerned that I will not be able to use my 6 plus the way I used my previous phones. I don't want to relearn to use my phone. I am seriously considering canceling my order at this point. I am very adventurous and very active, I will have many instances where the durability will be tested. Having said that I don't believe Apple has done their best work with the engineering of these phones (keeping in mind my financial future rests on AAPL). It could be a non-issue but from what I have seen the phones don't have that "robust" feel of the previous generations. Granted the 2g dented like crazy and the 3g and 3gs had cracks adjacent to the volume and vibrate buttons.

It IS a non-issue.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I've merged your thread with an already existing thread on the topic.

Hahaha I wondered what happen! I thought it was a glitch with my computer. I searched for a thread but didn't see it until now.

My fat legs that kind of bent a 5S, still I am getting a 6 plus but I am really scared.

I've never had the issue with previous models but now I'm a bit nervous for sure. Now I'm thinking against returning my 6 again. Lol I might have to keep it! My pockets are pretty big but I need to know what's really causing the issue.

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
It's made out of plastic...the iPhone 6 Plus is aluminum. It's like saying a wiffle ball bat is better than an aluminum bat because a plastic wiffle ball bat won't dent when you hit hard objects with it.

I agree, just putting it out there. I was hoping it snapped in half lol

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm not concerned at all. It's a phone...I personally don't plan to try and bend it. And if performing a certain action does make me nervous, I would stop performing that action or find a different device. This wouldn't be the first or last time something gets damaged from being in a pocket

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I agree, just putting it out there. I was hoping it snapped in half lol

Oh I know, I wasn't directing that particularly at you...just saying, the guy was just baffled in the video that the Note 3 wouldn't bend, and it was hilarious to me because someone in his position of doing a technology blog would clearly understand why that happened immediately.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Oh I know, I wasn't directing that particularly at you...just saying, the guy was just baffled in the video that the Note 3 wouldn't bend, and it was hilarious to me because someone in his position of doing a technology blog would clearly understand why that happened immediately.

It's just Apple bashing. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro