There are a few cases of the iPhone 6 Plus bending, circulating online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malay Agarwal

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I believe that this is the one place where u can find sensible people who know physics.
And I am not disappointed in believing that. Haha. I think when the person was doing that bend test, he should have done so with a physics book open which explained pressure and a chemistry book opened which explained metals and then co-related both the topics after which he could have announced his conclusion. Well, 4 million views is what you get after doing such senseless things.

cbobb123

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
If you put a large, thin aluminum rectangle in your back pocket and sit on it for hours at time, there will always be a chance that it will get damaged. Common sense has to play a part in this.

I have personally carried my cellphone in my back jeans pocket for years - BlackBerries and iPhones. But I always removed it from my pocket when I sit down. It?s a matter of both common sense and convenience.

There's reports of them being bent in front pockets also...

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I guess I don't understand people saying their 5 or 5s never bent in their pocket and they are afraid the 6+ will bend. If your phone is getting bigger and your pockets remain the same size, what do you think is going to happen? If you want a phone that fits in your pocket, don't get a 6+. I barely carry my 5s in my pocket and wouldn't even consider carrying my 6+ in my pants pocket. Somewhere on here someone stated that normal people want to carry their phone in their pocket, but I have to disagree with that. I think a normal person will realize the limits of what can and can't be carried in their pocket.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
There's reports of them being bent in front pockets also...

That just simply does not make sense. I would have to see proof and observe it happening. Remember, just because it’s on the internet, doesn't mean that it’s true.

I can "report" anything I want - bit it doesn’t make it so.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I guess I don't understand people saying their 5 or 5s never bent in their pocket and they are afraid the 6+ will bend. If your phone is getting bigger and your pockets remain the same size, what do you think is going to happen? If you want a phone that fits in your pocket, don't get a 6+. I barely carry my 5s in my pocket and wouldn't even consider carrying my 6+ in my pants pocket. Somewhere on here someone stated that normal people want to carry their phone in their pocket, but I have to disagree with that. I think a normal person will realize the limits of what can and can't be carried in their pocket.

There is also a huge difference between "carrying" it your pocket and "sitting on it". If you’re going to sit down, take the phone out of your pocket.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
So 2 cases and that is all this requires for people to flip out? How many users do we have on this forum? How many have experienced this?

1 case was a guy who spent 8 hours in a car with both ends digging into his flesh or laid over his knee with both ends pressed down by his pockets like someone gradually warping a stick?

and the other guy what? No explanation? So a whole TWO people?

It absolutely AMAZES me that people are flipping out about this. Seriously! Are we all devoid of logic, intelligence and reason?

This is about objectivity and knowing that you don't have an indestructible Nokia anymore. You cannot be careless with smartphones nowadays.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
So 2 cases and that is all this requires for people to flip out? How many users do we have on this forum? How many have experienced this?

1 case was a guy who spent 8 hours in a car with both ends digging into his flesh or laid over his knee with both ends pressed down by his pockets like someone gradually warping a stick?

and the other guy what? No explanation? So a whole TWO people?

It absolutely AMAZES me that people are flipping out about this. Seriously! Are we all devoid of logic, intelligence and reason?

This is about objectivity and knowing that you don't have an indestructible Nokia anymore. You cannot be careless with smartphones nowadays.

This is jealousy, envy and FUD. If you can’t beat ’em, FUD ’em.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
...Seriously! Are we all devoid of logic, intelligence and reason?...
Overall, the general population is indeed devoid of those things... Why I say "Common sense is an oxymoron".

Anything will bend/break.... Because: physics. This is getting so much attention because denizens of other products who are also haters of Apple are so desperate to find something to criticize... So this is one thing they've found, so they seize upon it. and tech blogs use it for link-bait and trolling for clicks.

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Honestly get out of here with this garbage.

You know what ? I've lost faith in humanity of people really think this is apples fault. PS. Do yourselves favors and keep yourselves intellectually honest and look up the HTC ONE bending. Yes. It ALSO bends. There's several threads online about it

Physics.

Premium's comment isn't garbage. Reinforcing the frame (also a concept from physics) could have reduced the likelihood of the phone bending under human-applied pressure. I'm glad that bridge-builders don't think that this concept is "garbage".

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Premium's comment isn't garbage. Reinforcing the frame (also a concept from physics) could have reduced the likelihood of the phone bending under human-applied pressure. I'm glad that bridge-builders don't think that this concept is "garbage".

It's expected that the bridge will be driven on by whatever number and weight of vehicles has been planned for by its engineers. Should Apple expect that someone is going to cram the 6+ in their pants pocket? That's why they make phones in different sizes. People who do that are the reason we need to put warning labels on things where simple common sense should prevent it from happening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Can we just go back to enjoying the phone now?

And miss all this drama, debate and allowing the other mobile nations their time to therapeutically blame Apple for the failures of their platform?

Seriously. IF this turns out to be like antenna-gate and more than two people who aren't being stupid and/or treating their 5.5" phone like a 4.7" phone, yes we should hold Apple accountable. IF Apple didn't test for structural weaknesses that a uniform force along all the phone can't withstand then yes, blast Apple. Absolutely we should. However as of right now when TWO INTERNET denizens are the only examples(not even trustable!) then this situation is beyond ridiculous; to them, two biased data points clearly show a line and no other data is needed to show if the data actual is linear*rolls eyes*. There needs to be more testing, more examples of this.

Apple cannot fix stupid. Apple cannot change the laws of physics and personal responsibility is apparently is dead. Thanks, Apple!(and Obama)

Status
Not open for further replies.