There are a few cases of the iPhone 6 Plus bending, circulating online

Status
Not open for further replies.

UJ95x

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
They aren't primarily made of aluminum and as thin.

Apple's fault for making it so thin. They KNEW people were going to be using them in the phone in their front pockets. There is zero excuse for them not making it resistant to something as simple as pressure from having it in your jeans.

UJ95x

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
It's like some nut dropping his new phone on purpose to test it, and it breaks the screen. Any phone can break or bend if you apply enough pressure. This comes from the haters.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

It's nothing like that. Your phone is not designed to be dropped and withstand it. But Apple DID know that people were going to put them in their pickets. And they released such a thin device anyway...

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Regardless if it's "bashing" or not it still hurts consumers if this happens to them in some way. Any number of freak accidents happen with cell phones and if it happened to someone.. Caused some damage and "bent" the phone... It would anger anyone. No one likes an expensive toy damaged :).

Art H

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Then the consumer should treat it like the expensive object it is. And make sure it is insured in some way.

I don't think the issue here is whether or not a freak accident can cause a phone made out of aluminum to bend. The proposed issue is whether or not normal use will cause the phone to compromise its inherent structural integrity. I don't believe the case has been proven as of yet. But it remains to be seen. It's way too early to decipher results from these documented cases. But it's definitely something to think about.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Then the consumer should treat it like the expensive object it is. And make sure it is insured in some way.

In your opinion sure... But there is even an article on iMore talking about how to put it in your pocket properly. Sorry.. The phone shouldn't have to be so taken care of that it could potentially be bent in my pocket.. Where majority of phones go.

I get everyone loves their phone but sorry an issue is an issue. There is nothing wrong with discussing it. It's your opinion they should baby it.. I agree they shouldn't throw it around.. But putting in a pocket and causing damage? Shouldn't be that way.

ryanlberg

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I have had my phone since launch day and have been very very careful with it. I wear dress pants For work every day and I already have a slight bend. I have to say I am a little disappointed

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Regardless if it's "bashing" or not it still hurts consumers if this happens to them in some way. Any number of freak accidents happen with cell phones and if it happened to someone.. Caused some damage and "bent" the phone... It would anger anyone. No one likes an expensive toy damaged :).

If you bought a brand new Lamborghini and took it up to redline right off the truck without adhering to the break in period instructions...you may end up with a broken car. Most owners would go about their business enjoying their new Lambo, but that one person would make the big stink, and it would echo across the market. People would take notice to it, and start to question the durability of Lamborghini's engineering and development.

George Carlin said it best..."Idiots are going to happen."

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have had my phone since launch day and have been very very careful with it. I wear dress pants For work every day and I already have a slight bend. I have to say I am a little disappointed

They're going to keep making excuses for the bending. There is none in my eyes. I shouldn't have to use a case on my phone or not be able to put it in my front pocket. That's ridiculous. I'm sure Apple will do something about it though.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
If you bought a brand new Lamborghini and took it up to redline right off the truck without adhering to the break in period instructions...you may end up with a broken car. Most owners would go about their business enjoying their new Lambo, but that one person would make the big stink, and it would echo across the market. People would take notice to it, and start to question the durability of Lamborghini's engineering and development.

George Carlin said it best..."Idiots are going to happen."

Getting a car to red line and placing your phone in your pocket are really.. Really drastic scenarios... But you can have your opinion and I can have mine :).

tattooed4515

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
But what happens, if this keeps happening to everyone? Like if the phone truly can't handle the day to day use and someone keeps having to have the phone replaced every 2 months or so

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Getting a car to red line and placing your phone in your pocket are really.. Really drastic scenarios... But you can have your opinion and I can have mine :).

It wasn't meant to be a comparison...it was used to prove a point. You're always going to have someone who screws up their new toy some how, and because they're probably pretty pissed off about it, they're going to try to find somewhere to point the finger aside from themselves...human nature for some. In the end, I've put my phone in my pocket several times, and have walked a lot with it that way (as well as driving my car that way and running up and down stairs that way). It's not bent at all.

Don't know what to tell you...you're going to have people who damage their phones in what they consider "normal, everyday use", but most of us, if we observed it, would probably see it coming a mile away.

Like I said, if you want to buy into this crap, go right ahead...your waste of time.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
If it's getting bent in a pocket, I can't see how that wouldn't hurt the leg and/or hip that it was pressing against. Especially if you were sitting down. And it something hurts or is uncomfortable when sitting down, I'm not just going to stay that way. I'm going to remove whatever is causing the discomfort or adjust it so it is no longer uncomfortable.

Maybe but... It's only a guess. There really is no real way to prove they should feel it or not. They aren't bending to the point of the video with insane pressure.. They're showing slight bends.. Which could possibly be caused by pressure from jeans.. Especially some of the jeans people wear.

Either way... It's an issue. You shouldn't have to be wearing the right clothes to have your phone not do something to cause body damage.

tattooed4515

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I mean. I don't put much faith in this don't get me wrong. I am perfectly aware of the fact that people look for any and every possible thing they can find wrong with and iPhone because, well because it's an iPhone. The phone is so popular everything gets overblown.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I mean. I don't put much faith in this don't get me wrong. I am perfectly aware of the fact that people look for any and every possible thing they can find wrong with and iPhone because, well because it's an iPhone. The phone is so popular everything gets overblown.

It honestly happens with any phone that's a major release.. Forums get flooded with even the smallest problem and get the angry retort... iPhone just gets picked on because it's the "phone to beat" (most would say).. So they go after it foaming at the mouth. I used to use Apple.. Just prefer Android.. But have absolutely nothing against Apple. I made my parents get iPhones and I manage them.. I even want an iPad... One day... Dang money :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR