This is gonna be the new antenna gate though. Us prudent people know the difference between legitimacy and bullcrap. But now people who probably wear jeans that look like they're painted on post a couple of pictures of their bent large sized phone on a forum, trigger these "tests" of brute force, thus enabling mainstream media reporting of this.
    09-23-2014 06:41 PM
    It's because the consumer market is so full of moronic idiots.

They should try charging the device in the microwave before sticking it in their pocket...at least then they'll have a full charge via the "Wave" technology.
    M.Rizk, DarkKnight08, TGR1 and 2 others like this.
    09-23-2014 06:43 PM
    Even if people do wear jeans that "look like they've been sprayed on" a phone should still be strong enough to not "bend" under the pressure of day to day use.
    rdubmu, TomsAndroid and xandrik like this.
    09-23-2014 06:43 PM
    Even if people do wear jeans that "look like they've been sprayed on" a phone should still be strong enough to not "bend" under the pressure of day to day use.
    My phone hasn't bent under day to day use...and when I'm out and about, it lives in my pocket. It is strong enough not to bend.
    taz323 and nikkisharif like this.
    09-23-2014 06:44 PM
    It's a LARGE sized phone. A huge thin piece of aluminum stuck in between human flesh and tight-a$$ jeans. What else do you think can happen?
    nikkisharif and deedeebear like this.
    09-23-2014 06:44 PM
    It's a LARGE sized phone.
    And? I haven't seen any reports of other large phones bending in peoples pockets
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    09-23-2014 06:45 PM
    And? I haven't seen any reports of other large phones bending in peoples pockets
    They aren't primarily made of aluminum and as thin.
    09-23-2014 06:46 PM
    They aren't primarily made of aluminum and as thin.
    Again, your point? Defending apple by telling me what it's made out of isn't really a defense, you're merely highlighting the design floor in the product. I'm a huge apple fan boy but a phone shouldn't "bend" in someones pocket, I don't care how tight their trousers are
    M.Rizk, TomsAndroid and 21stNow like this.
    09-23-2014 06:48 PM
    Again, your point? Defending apple by telling me what it's made out of isn't really a defense, you're merely highlighting the design floor in the product. I'm a huge apple fan boy but a phone shouldn't "bend" in someones pocket, I don't care how tight their trousers are
    Because you choose to look at it that way and try to defy logic.

I guarantee you those forum members who posted those pics wear tight, tight jeans. Of course the thing is going to be prone to damage when it's that big.
    09-23-2014 06:50 PM
    Ill be more cautious but no worries here. I don't mind the "gates" that pop up each year. Especially if Apple mitigates the issue in future models.

Is it fair that Apple receives the scrutiny? Probably not but that's the price you pay when you have a top brand. Any android maker would love to have this much attention.
    GCMS, nikkisharif and E_LIZ_aBeth like this.
    09-23-2014 07:02 PM
    Join the legion of morons that buy into that crap...like they did when the iPhone 5 came out and people were bending them in their front pocket under "normal use", LOL!

Other phones did have reports of frame bending...I posted one of them earlier, but if you want read about more, go google it yourself.

You know what you'll hear about "Bend Gate" in 3 months? Crickets. New phone, people need something to complain about...happens with EVERY smart phone that comes out, not just iPhones.
    09-23-2014 07:06 PM
    Aluminum bends. Shocking!
    This.

We should all be cautious, however we should know that aluminum plus a super thin phone isn't really a good combination in certain instances.

I'd suggest getting a "back brace" just in case you are worried.

iPhone 6 Plus Case, Spigen [Logo Shield] iPhone 6 Plus (5.5) Case ... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JH82VQW/...mUvbUpU2343252

Sent from my 128gb iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk via Sprint Spark
    09-23-2014 07:11 PM
    Well in my opinion why are you putting a phone as large as this one in places where you sit. Too me this sounds like some people who forgot to take their phone out of their pockets when they sat down.
    nikkisharif and TheFirm like this.
    09-23-2014 07:19 PM
    It's like some nut dropping his new phone on purpose to test it, and it breaks the screen. Any phone can break or bend if you apply enough pressure. This comes from the haters.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-23-2014 07:23 PM
    I'm not concerned a bit, to be honest. That guy pressed the heck out of that thing to get it to bend and I don't foresee me putting that kind of pressure on my iPhone 6 Plus when I get it. Period.
    Agree, take care of my devices, can't see this being an issue for me.
    Just_Me_D and nikkisharif like this.
    09-23-2014 07:24 PM
    Guys and gals, metal is malleable. This is physics. A larger phone also means a larger moment arm meaning a smaller force required to bend something. I really thought people knew this and now people are revealing their ignorance of this? With larger phones you need to be careful. Why are people acting surprised?
    nikkisharif and iJuan like this.
    09-23-2014 07:40 PM
    People are idiots...and they're also apparently suffering from technology alzheimers, as again, this isn't the first time this has been reported (in the same silly dramatic fashion), nor is it isolated to only Apple products. Silly silly uninformed zombies...follow the carrot.

Nexus 5 Wobbly/Bent? - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    09-23-2014 07:45 PM
    I never put a phone in my back pocket, never, but let's face it! I am fat and that means my pockets are curved from the inside as fat is pushing outward, that alone bent my iPhone 5S a little but it's thick device so you can hardly notice it bent.

Something as the 6 Plus which is so thin, if bent will look really bad. Btw I don't wear skinny jeans, I don't even like jeans. All my pants are big, really big. Even my pocket is huge that it fits my iPad Mini yet they bent the 5S

This topic already scared me that I don't think I will ever put my 6 Plus in my pocket, maybe I will have to carry it around or put it in some of the additional pockets I got in some of my pants (those low pockets beside the knees).
    09-23-2014 07:50 PM
    Search on Google and you'll see reports of the HTC one and HTC Evo bending. This is not new however anything to bash apple *rolls eyes*
    09-23-2014 07:55 PM
    Ill be more cautious but no worries here. I don't mind the "gates" that pop up each year. Especially if Apple mitigates the issue in future models.

Is it fair that Apple receives the scrutiny? Probably not but that's the price you pay when you have a top brand. Any android maker would love to have this much attention.
    That is 100% true. I just find it funny when someone says "It shouldn't do that!" Well, then. Blame Apple for making a phone with lots of aluminum. Or blame physics because physics. But to insinuate that Apple made a cheap product is just dumb.
    09-23-2014 07:59 PM
    I'm not too worried about it. Look how hard the guy had to press on it. His hands were shaking. Just don't sit on the phone and you'll be alright. If you wear skinny jeans, preferably find a different taste in jeans, or find a different way to carry the phone. And for those saying no others bend or whatever, read the whole thread before you put your foot in your mouth. Links have been provided showing that other phones have had this issue.
    09-23-2014 08:04 PM
    I'm not too worried about it. Look how hard the guy had to press on it. His hands were shaking. Just don't sit on the phone and you'll be alright. If you wear skinny jeans, preferably find a different taste in jeans, or find a different way to carry the phone. And for those saying no others bend or whatever, read the whole thread before you put your foot in your mouth. Links have been provided showing that other phones have had this issue.
    To the guy's credit, he did say he wanted to bend it to the point where the phone was affected that badly. He wasn't really trying to bend it to prove it can bend. He just wanted to see how much damage it could actually cause.
    09-23-2014 08:06 PM
    Ok. But everything can be damaged. I knew getting this phone that it could bend. Everyone probably should. That's like hitting the screen with a hammer to see if it will break
    09-23-2014 08:11 PM
    It drives me crazy when I hear people blaming Apple because they can't take proper care of their stuff. Put it in a case or make sure it has room in your pocket. I baby all of my iPhones, like all of my technology and I have never had an issue.
    09-23-2014 08:15 PM
    After seeing both units first hand for the first time I am concerned that I will not be able to use my 6 plus the way I used my previous phones. I don't want to relearn to use my phone. I am seriously considering canceling my order at this point. I am very adventurous and very active, I will have many instances where the durability will be tested. Having said that I don't believe Apple has done their best work with the engineering of these phones (keeping in mind my financial future rests on AAPL). It could be a non-issue but from what I have seen the phones don't have that "robust" feel of the previous generations. Granted the 2g dented like crazy and the 3g and 3gs had cracks adjacent to the volume and vibrate buttons.
    09-23-2014 08:22 PM
286 1234 ...