He has his own site, wrote a book, and sometimes writes for other sites. I don't think he is "doing it for the attention"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nothing you just listed would discredit the idea the guy was doing it for attention...
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    09-24-2014 09:04 PM
    He has his own site, wrote a book, and sometimes writes for other sites. I don't think he is "doing it for the attention"

CNN has their own site and they just published the story of random people saying that bent their iPhones in their front pockets. The real problem is that the bigger size attracted android users like the guy in the BBC pic and they are use to galaxy notes in a otter box.
    09-24-2014 09:14 PM
    CNN has their own site and they just published the story of random people saying that bent their iPhones in their front pockets. The real problem is that the bigger size attracted android users like the guy in the BBC pic and they are use to galaxy notes in a otter box.
    How do you arrive at that conclusion? Ha... That's a really specific scenario.

ಠ益ಠ
    Premium1 and TomsAndroid like this.
    09-24-2014 09:15 PM
    So that makes it any less of an issue? Nope, the real problem is Apple not reinforcing the frame to prevent this. But I'm not going to go back and forth with you. Clearly Apple can do no wrong and everyone else is at fault.

09-24-2014 09:16 PM
    I have to agree that this is clearly Apple's fault. I do, however, agree that it is being overblown more than it needs to be. Any piece of technology is not going to be indestructible. It is up to us to take care of it the best we possibly can. Seeing as a rather strong amount of force is needed to warp the phone, I don't think it is cause for concern. I am also sure that Apple will replace it should it happen, knowing them.
    09-24-2014 09:23 PM
    So that makes it any less of an issue? Nope, the real problem is Apple not reinforcing the frame to prevent this. But I'm not going to go back and forth with you. Clearly Apple can do no wrong and everyone else is at fault.

Its not an issue. The issue is people sitting on their phones or bending them with full strength.
    Les74 likes this.
    09-24-2014 09:23 PM
    TheFirm and TomsAndroid like this.
    09-24-2014 09:25 PM
    Its not an issue. The issue is people sitting on their phones or bending them with full strength.
    Damn Physics!!!!!
    09-24-2014 09:28 PM
    Sorry but putting your phone in your pocket, front pocket anyways should NOT result in the device getting bent. Say what you want about Samsung devices as I have had many of them they never bent on me. Then again I have had iPhones from 4, 4S, 5 and 5S and soon the 6+ and none of my prior phones ever bent but I use a case and take care of them. Plus I never sit with my phone in my pocket anyways, the things are huge.
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    09-24-2014 09:29 PM
    This thread has become one of my all time favorites around here - all in the course of the last 30 posts or so.
    09-24-2014 09:37 PM
    Ouch. I cringed when I saw that video. I can't bear to look at those gorgeous devices being treated that way.
    09-24-2014 09:51 PM
286 ... 101112