HTC shipped a phone made out of aluminum and put something in place to deal with a common issue of the material of choice. They knew that the affected group would be a small minority. Same case here.

Your comparison is perfect actually. Apple is well aware of the limitations of aluminum and didn't do anything to address it at all. Both companies obviously value what using aluminum brings to the table. One company (HTC) knows it's not a perfect material. The other (Apple) ignored that fact.

Apple may or may not have known. We can't know that right now. If they knew than yes, they basically had to decide to accept that this could result in bad press. If they didn't know than it's all in what, if anything, they decide to do about it.
    We already know that we're not going to agree so I won't argue that anymore.

But what about the question I posed to you?
    09-24-2014 07:40 PM
    I'm still laughing. But seriously even a bent iPhone plus is better than the competition. Because...iOS, AppleCare.

I'm getting ready for my Orlando trip next week. I plan on driving with the plus in my pocket. You see I'm an ***** that likes to be as uncomfortable as possible. In my other pocket I thought I'd stuff a giant Hershey bar in it.
    I bet the chocolate bar will be in much worse shape than the phone at the end of the trip.
    09-24-2014 07:46 PM
    I bet the chocolate bar will be in much worse shape than the phone at the end of the trip.
    I'm glad the 6 Plus wasn't out in July when I took my trip to Miami. My phone might have melted in the humidity.
    09-24-2014 07:49 PM
    We already know that we're not going to agree so I won't argue that anymore.

But what about the question I posed to you?
    One time replacement, same as HTC. Such a small group of affected people shouldn't cost them much.

Plus the good press of taking care of this unexpected issue.
    09-24-2014 07:49 PM
    That's a ridiculous thing to say. Nobody is using this phone in a way that isn't proper. Putting a phone in a pocket is very common. It's a known use case for manufacturers.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk
    I was just messing around dude. Stirring the pot. Don't take what I post too seriously. Like ever. I don't. :P

ಠ益ಠ
    09-24-2014 07:53 PM
    The guy in the small pic is the one who said it bent in his pocket. End of discussion (Im not trying to be mean but come on, seriously)
    There are a few cases of the iPhone 6 Plus bending, circulating online-screen-shot-2014-09-24-6.03.56-pm.png
    09-24-2014 08:07 PM
    The guy in the small pic is the one who said it bent in his pocket. End of discussion (Im not trying to be mean but come on, seriously)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 6.03.56 PM.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	786.5 KB 
ID:	66072
    I think i see your point. But that's pretty messed up to immediately dismiss his claim with that basis. Secondly the fact that is "news" outside the tech world makes me sad.

ಠ益ಠ
    09-24-2014 08:09 PM
    I think i see your point. But that's pretty messed up to immediately dismiss his claim with that basis. Secondly the fact that is "news" outside the tech world makes me sad.

ಠ益ಠ
    Im not trying to be mean but come on and its a valid argument. Im sure he's a nice guy and smart but there but in this.
    09-24-2014 08:16 PM
    Im not trying to be mean but come on and its a valid argument. Im sure he's a nice guy and smart but there but in this.
    You can see the pants he has on can fit an iPad mini in the pocket that supposedly bent the iPhone. He posted about it on g+
    09-24-2014 08:22 PM
    You can see the pants he has on can fit an iPad mini in the pocket that supposedly bent the iPhone. He posted about it on g+
    I don't doubt the fact that the iPhone bent in his pocket. Between this and the other guy using all his strength to bend it makes the argument stupid.
    09-24-2014 08:26 PM
    What someone needs to do is do a legitimate test. Not pressing on it with your hands. Put an iPhone 6 plus in a pocket and run walk bend down stretch etc with it in there. Do some extreme stretching or whatever. Then take it out and see if it's bent. That will tell us what's up.

I'm not about to try this with mine, but if someone wants to send me one I will gladly try it.
    cbobb123 likes this.
    09-24-2014 08:34 PM
    I don't doubt the fact that the iPhone bent in his pocket. Between this and the other guy using all his strength to bend it makes the argument stupid.
    Why would he lie?
    09-24-2014 08:34 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 6.03.56 PM.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	786.5 KB 
ID:	66072
    I'd hate to watch his day-to-day activities on that Google Glass he's wearing.

I get the feeling you'd see a few yellow arches on a daily basis.
    09-24-2014 08:36 PM
    Why would he lie?
    Attention, using apples success for himself.
    09-24-2014 08:38 PM
    What someone needs to do is do a legitimate test. Not pressing on it with your hands. Put an iPhone 6 plus in a pocket and run walk bend down stretch etc with it in there. Do some extreme stretching or whatever. Then take it out and see if it's bent. That will tell us what's up.

I'm not about to try this with mine, but if someone wants to send me one I will gladly try it.
    I don't think thats realistic. If you go out and do exercise with a $1000 mini tablet in your pocket, chances are that it will bend, crack, or warp.
    09-24-2014 08:39 PM
    I didn't say go for a 20 mile run. Ever run to your car in the rain? Drop something and bend over to pick it up or bend down? Step up on something where you have to lift your leg up pretty high? This stuff. Real world stuff. Bending a phone with your hands is not real world. Pretty sure we all knew the phone would bend if you did that.
    09-24-2014 08:42 PM
    This PC crap is for the birds...guy is severely obese just by seeing the picture, so anything in his pocket is going to stand the chance of being turned into a diamond.
    Les74, jdhooghe and shief24 like this.
    09-24-2014 08:43 PM
    This PC crap is for the birds...guy is severely obese just by seeing the picture, so anything in his pocket is going to stand the chance of being turned into a diamond.
    I legit LOL'd.
    09-24-2014 08:45 PM
    I can see why Apple is pushing Health peripherials on its users now.
    falconeight, jdhooghe and shief24 like this.
    09-24-2014 08:48 PM
    I can see why Apple is pushing Health peripherials on its users now.
    You owe me $.75 cents worth of starbucks that I just spit out laughing.
    09-24-2014 08:54 PM
    You guys are a class act.

ಠ益ಠ
    Premium1 and BreakingKayfabe like this.
    09-24-2014 08:56 PM
    Attention, using apples success for himself.
    He has his own site, wrote a book, and sometimes writes for other sites. I don't think he is "doing it for the attention"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-24-2014 08:58 PM
    I was under the impression the Plus was made to be put in your suit/shirt pocket or bag/briefcase. I cannot see myself keeping that thing in my pants pocket.
    09-24-2014 08:59 PM
    The guy used extreme force to bend it. Let me punch a plastic phone to see what happens.
    No one video used extreme force. The others were in people's pockets. But I forgot Apple is never wrong or at fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-24-2014 09:00 PM
    :d

ಠ益ಠ
    Attached Thumbnails There are a few cases of the iPhone 6 Plus bending, circulating online-67757.jpg  
    09-24-2014 09:02 PM
286 ... 9101112