Share your iPhone 6 Plus HomeScreen

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Show us your home screen

Thank you for the polite response. It is not that I am necessarily looking to switch. I just look in the forums to see what is going on. When I see a thread with so many responses I check it out. Personally I have not had the same experience with android as some claim, numerous phones and tablets with no major issues so I am quite happy. Really what my post was about involved the isea that there is home screen flexability on the iPhone. Beyond a wallpaper and moving icons around there is not. THat is what keeps me from the Apple phones, no flexability or custimization at all. Posting "show your homescreen" for an iPhone is a series of wallpapers. The same thread for any android would result in such varied possibilites. Widgets, UIs, options upon options. In the end I guess i hoped for more from this thread and got exactly what one should expect...not a lot.

Some folks have jail broken devices and you see some neat stuff from that but otherwise... you're right. However, if everyone wanted flexibility and customization they'd be using android. There is, however, a lot to be said for the sliq simplicity of iOS. My 6+ is more fluid to use (scrolling and such) than even my great android handsets.

Glenn Sager

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site

I do agree with you on that. The fact that things almost always work on an iPhone is huge. I have never had any real issues and love the customization that can be achieved with Android. To each his/her own, I am not arguing if one style is better than the other. I will say though that my Note 4 with Nova launcher is just as liquid fast as any other phone I have played around with. TouchWiz not so much. Personally I cannot live without the widgets, so nice having the things I want right on the screen where I want them.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

I do agree with you on that. The fact that things almost always work on an iPhone is huge. I have never had any real issues and love the customization that can be achieved with Android. To each his/her own, I am not arguing if one style is better than the other. I will say though that my Note 4 with Nova launcher is just as liquid fast as any other phone I have played around with. TouchWiz not so much. Personally I cannot live without the widgets, so nice having the things I want right on the screen where I want them.

Yeahps. I love my android devices but the 1 or 2 days a week when I use my 6+ is a enjoyable and refreshing change. I love change when it comes to these things.

mfldmike

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

Changed mine up today...

debd27342fde9f230a9ee48a14d79b90.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site

THat is what keeps me from the Apple phones, no flexability or custimization at all. Posting "show your homescreen" for an iPhone is a series of wallpapers. The same thread for any android would result in such varied possibilites. Widgets, UIs, options upon options. In the end I guess i hoped for more from this thread and got exactly what one should expect...not a lot.
I wouldn't say that Apple is limited, I would say that Apple allows you to do things differently.

For instance, the pull down notification slide that you get when you pull down from the top of the screen is the place where widgets go on iOS. There's a lot of things that you can put there. I myself have a Speed Dial widget there with four phone numbers that I use a lot. I can also put a lot more there but I want to keep things clean. Just because Apple is different doesn't mean that Apple is wrong. If you ask me, Apple has done things a whole lot better than Android has done and it shows in how clean the OS is and how well the system performs overall.

Considering that the iPhone has only one gigabyte of RAM and some of the top-end Android phones have as much as three gigabytes of RAM and still they run like hot crap shows that perhaps Apple was right in how they designed iOS.

cbreze

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site

Using the makeover app to get some spacing since I'm not JB.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    391.4 KB · Views: 89

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods