My Galaxy note 3 would have never done this.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Seriously? That's your reply and you accuse me of having issues with reading comprehension?

Maybe you should read my entire post again, not just the few words about having two browser windows open, because I gave other examples and none of them had to do with using a 30" monitor and a desktop. I also touched on the other multiwindow functions these phones have that are supremely useful.

I gave examples in my last post, aside from two browser windows.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

I apologize, I should have quoted all of your examples. They are valid to the right people but I meant to say that the examples you gave, I didn't see any use for. However that doesn't mean they aren't valid and perhaps I'll find a use for them when I move on from Graduate school.

As for using reachability, that is the only way I can see dual screen happening. I wonder if they built in floating windows to iOS 7/8? I can see it being nice for a full screen iPad

mommybetts

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That's interesting. I came over from a Note 3 and I don't think battery life is as good on the 6+. It may be caused from spending so much time trying to set everything up and editing all the double contacts.

It had to be the editing and setting everything up, because my 6+ is knocking my Note 3 out of the box with battery performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Come on guys, just admit it. Anyone who says the battery life on the 6 Plus is great is obviously being paid by Apple.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Come on guys, just admit it. Anyone who says the battery life on the 6 Plus is great is obviously being paid by Apple.

As much as a iPhone fan that I can be I know that the 6+ won't touch the lg G3 or galaxy s5 for battery life

DoyouFanBoyBro

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
As much as a iPhone fan that I can be I know that the 6+ won't touch the lg G3 or galaxy s5 for battery life

What on earth?

I've had the S5 AND the G3, i'm getting a good 3 days on my 6+ without having to charge it. my S5 lasted a day, maybe 4 hours screen on time, sometimes 5. My G3 was around 5 screen on time.

The 6+ DESTROYS both of those phones in battery life.

Right now i'm walking around with this thing with a Jawbone and Bluetooth turned on 100% of the time and im getting 2 days with it. that's monitoring my steps and etc etc..

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
What on earth?

I've had the S5 AND the G3, i'm getting a good 3 days on my 6+ without having to charge it. my S5 lasted a day, maybe 4 hours screen on time, sometimes 5. My G3 was around 5 screen on time.

The 6+ DESTROYS both of those phones in battery life.

Right now i'm walking around with this thing with a Jawbone and Bluetooth turned on 100% of the time and im getting 2 days with it. that's monitoring my steps and etc etc..

Really wow glad to hear your getting such good battery life

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I'd better go look in the mail, and see if my Apple check has arrived because the 6 Plus could jump start a car with that battery ...
iPhone-6-web-browsing-battery-life-AnandTech-001.png

Last edited:

IrishFXDB

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm on the S5 right now and while the battery life is decent you have to turn off too much stuff to make it excellent. I'm sorry, but I highly doubt the S5 has better battery life than the 6 Plus.

On the G3? No way, period. I had one and the main reason I didn't keep it past the return period was the battery. It was excellent for standby time and it was great when I was home with the screen dimmed and connected to WiFi. When I left the house and turned auto brightness back on and was reliant on cell signal it tanked hardcore. I'm talking 3.5-4 hours screen time tops out of a 3000 mAh battery.

I don't buy $600+ phones to neuter it by turning off half the features so if that's what is required to get goof battery life, well, that isn't good battery life at all. Everything I've read about the 6 Plus says excellent battery life out of the box while using all the features of the phone.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Lyall Demorrow

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I had the S5 also and the battery life was good, but not anywhere close to the 6 plus. I always unplug my phone at 8:00am when I get to work. I listen to podcasts until I go to lunch at 12:00pm. Battery level on S5 would be at 75%, and the 6+ is at 93%. By the end of the work day(4:30), S5 is at 45-50% and the 6+ is at 80%. Of course there is a little Web browsing here and there, especially during lunch, but mostly podcasts all day. Last night my family and I went shopping for my daughter's b-day. I used maps on my 6+ for about 30 minutes and I would look through these forums while my wife and daughter were shopping. When we got home at 11:00pm, my battery was at 40%! I did not charge my 6+ at all yesterday. That is awesome battery life.

anon(785719)

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
I have never been ecstatic over iPhone battery life. My 5s is about a little below average in battery life compared to other phones I have had. However, my wife has a 6 plus and she reports outstanding battery life. I may have to upgrade to it in the future.

One thing is for sure though the iPhone is far more power efficient with stand-by time than android.

therddler

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
Is battery life that much of an issue?! I'm only saying this because I had a note 3 and it was rooted, I had greenify installed and could get 2 days usage out of it. I'm not what people call a power user, whatever the hell that means, but I did use my phone a lot. Now I have a 6+ and I plug it up nightly usually at 65-70 percent left til death and I'm not concerned. Shouldn't ease of use and function weigh heavier over how long it'll last? Especially since these devices are a lot lighter and sleeker than the devices say 20 years ago. And if I'm to stand corrected isn't there enough portable power sources being made to compensate that?!

anon(785719)

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Is battery life that much of an issue?! I'm only saying this because I had a note 3 and it was rooted, I had greenify installed and could get 2 days usage out of it. I'm not what people call a power user, whatever the hell that means, but I did use my phone a lot. Now I have a 6+ and I plug it up nightly usually at 65-70 percent left til death and I'm not concerned. Shouldn't ease of use and function weigh heavier over how long it'll last? Especially since these devices are a lot lighter and sleeker than the devices say 20 years ago. And if I'm to stand corrected isn't there enough portable power sources being made to compensate that?!

I understand what you're saying to a degree -- however, what good is a phone that has great in ease of use and function if it is always dead? Or what good is a highly capable phone if you have to limit what you use it for to conserve battery?

I for one would prefer the phones to be a tad thicker with more batter life. Example is the Motorola droid turbo -- that phone by no means is uncomfortably thick but battery life is outstanding. It is a great looking phone and is still able to get almost 2 days of use.

Apple and Samsung seem to be in a race to see who can make the thinnest phone -- it's about bragging rights and marketing.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Prior to the Kitkat update, my Note 3 battery life was 2 to 3 days on a single charge, worked like a dream.
After the Kitkat update, battery life went to 3 to 4 HOURS, couldn't text or email pics, couldn't receive emails, and my browser froze, pages simply would not load.

I'm loving my iphone, hehehe...

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
The 6 plus has excellent battery life. I can leave home for a night out or go out to eat and watch a movie with 30 % and I know that it will last me until I get back home.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2