My Galaxy note 3 would have never done this.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
No offense, but until the new iphones arrived users have always been wall huggers with limited battery capacity and constant recharges needed. Yes I owned a 4, 4S, 5 and 5S and I do have a 6Plus on order and have owned about 30+ Android phones over the years.

I've never experienced limited battery life with any of my iPhones over the years. They may have limited capacity on paper... But they use that limited capacity efficiently.

steelrain82

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
For the guys with the Notes, did you restart your phones after installing kitkat. That really fixed the battery life issues. And if your battery is draining that fast in 3 hours you have something(s) running in the background.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

BParker4381

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I like the Samsung phones (I don't think they are better than Apple products) but Android software kills it. My wife had a Android phone and never worked right. Nothing but problems.

MC_A_DOT

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday at 5:00 pm I charged my iPhone 6 plus up to 97% before I went to school. Normally when I'm in class I have to cut off my data and gps due to Sprint not having LTE in that area. I could walk into class with it being at 97% and leave with it being at 20% or lower within three hours. But this time I wanted to test out my new phone to see how it stood up to the Note. IT DID GREAT!!! I walked out of class with it being at 81% instead of 20%, and I was able to use it in class with a 3G connection. Last night I didn't charge it at all before I went to bed and I have been using my phone heavily. Currently I still haven't charged it and 18 hours later I am at 21%. My Galaxy note 3 wouldn't have never made it this far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Galaxy S3 used to do the same thing after a while.

At first it was great but then it slowly started to discharge even though it was off and locked in the locker at work.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually surprised at the Note because I'm a heavy user and my Note always lasted at least until the end of the day. (Yes, I use both platforms) Anyway, I'm glad the battery is meeting your expectations! Welcome to the iPhone.

mommybetts

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually surprised at the Note because I'm a heavy user and my Note always lasted at least until the end of the day. (Yes, I use both platforms) Anyway, I'm glad the battery is meeting your expectations! Welcome to the iPhone.

I wish my note would have lasted to the end of the day. My problem would happen mostly when I would leave my house disconnecting from my wifi connection. It got to a point where I would have to cut off my data and gps just to make it last.

KiwiGrrl

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
For the guys with the Notes, did you restart your phones after installing kitkat. That really fixed the battery life issues. And if your battery is draining that fast in 3 hours you have something(s) running in the background.

Yes. KitKat was quite some time ago, so odds are, they've all been restarted by now. And yes, undoubtedly there is something running in the background. Usually it's stuff that can't be killed ... like right now, the biggest battery drain on mine is the Android System, followed by the OS.

Now, to be fair, my overheating problems are from a scenario not many people would deal with, but it's still well documented and something that's unacceptable to me, especially when battery life is so inconsistent.

mommybetts

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes. KitKat was quite some time ago, so odds are, they've all been restarted by now. And yes, undoubtedly there is something running in the background. Usually it's stuff that can't be killed ... like right now, the biggest battery drain on mine is the Android System, followed by the OS.

Now, to be fair, my overheating problems are from a scenario not many people would deal with, but it's still well documented and something that's unacceptable to me, especially when battery life is so inconsistent.

I couldn't have said it better myself!

Mike HH

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I came from a Sprint Note 3 to the 6 Plus as well. I am amazed by the far superior radios in the 6 Plus. I get very strong LTE everywhere now. On the Note 3 it was miserable when I wasn't on wifi.

I'm having some wifi issues with my 6+ so I just stay on LTE all the time now since I have unlimited data, and I easily get almost twice the battery life I had on the Note 3.

I was really amazed by this.

mommybetts

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I came from a Sprint Note 3 to the 6 Plus as well. I am amazed by the far superior radios in the 6 Plus. I get very strong LTE everywhere now. On the Note 3 it was miserable when I wasn't on wifi.

I'm having some wifi issues with my 6+ so I just stay on LTE all the time now since I have unlimited data, and I easily get almost twice the battery life I had on the Note 3.

Same here and I'm loving it!!!

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site

I was ready to leave Sprint because I was tired of the service but then I was told it was the Samsung radios. I'm happy I listened because my service has increased dramatically. I have cousins that weren't getting service where I was and they had t-mobile they were shocked

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
My Galaxy S3 used to do the same thing after a while.

At first it was great but then it slowly started to discharge even though it was off and locked in the locker at work.

Welcome to the club. My GS3 started off great in the first year. Then it deteriorated quickly. Earlier this year when they pushed the KitKat upgrade, the Google Maps navigation no longer work. And I constantly lose data service. I am leaving Android for good.

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Well...

When I lost my iPhone5 I was eligible to upgrade so I went to best buy to see the galaxy. SO I asked what model was the newest one and he said the S5. He asked me if i was eligible to upgrade and i said yes.... the guy started showing off the features on the phone that the iPhone doesn't have and he kept going on and on and on... Im sure the note 4 will be a beast.

I must admit i was impressed... just with the multitasking i was almost sold lol but I'm glad i waited because i LOVE my plus even tho it doenst multitask like the S5. It's the only feature I think I'm jealous lol. I hope apple will bring real multitasking on the next update because it would be a shame if they don't do it. the iOS multitasking is a joke.

Mike HH

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Well...

When I lost my iPhone5 I was eligible to upgrade so I went to best buy to see the galaxy. SO I asked what model was the newest one and he said the S5. He asked me if i was eligible to upgrade and i said yes.... the guy started showing off the features on the phone that the iPhone doesn't have and he kept going on and on and on... Im sure the note 4 will be a beast.

I must admit i was impressed... just with the multitasking i was almost sold lol but I'm glad i waited because i LOVE my plus even tho it doenst multitask like the S5. It's the only feature I think I'm jealous lol. I hope apple will bring real multitasking on the next update because it would be a shame if they don't do it. the iOS multitasking is a joke.

I used the multi task feature maybe twice. Seriously, it's all just gimmicks.

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I bought my 6+ on Friday morning. Woke up at 7am, took my Note 3 off charge. Used whilst waiting for the Apple store to open. By 10.30 sim was out,cut down and put in the 6+. Put spare SIM in Note 3.and it has been left on since then has been on .Currently on 43% battery.

I would suggest that if your freshly charged battery doesnt get through the night,something is wrong with it

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro