So why Pre-Order????????

leathernuts#WP

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Not really. Preordering is first come, first served. Very simple.

Exactly so my pre-order was scheduled to ship Oct 21. Picked up my iPhone 6 at my local verizon store on Friday and cancelled my pre-order. Very simple. Yup, it's a joke.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Ha ha. You got me there. Nah but seriously I believe if someone pre-orders, they should full fill the pre-orders first. Just my opinion.

I agree with you 100%. But Verizon already had your money, and if they had in store inventory that meant more money from more people. Good business, poor customer service.
Next time preorder from Apple, you can do any type of upgrade on Verizon but without Verizon's crap.

leathernuts#WP

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I agree with you 100%. But Verizon already had your money, and if they had in store inventory that meant more money from more people. Good business, poor customer service.
Next time preorder from Apple, you can do any type of upgrade on Verizon but without Verizon's crap.

I had let our biz rep take care of it-oops . Thanks for the tip didn't know we could do that. Right on!

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Exactly Nickf126...that's my point of posting.

They sold 10million units and I'll get mine way late? I understand I ordered mine a little late, but that's when I could do it. Its just BS that pre-orders have to wait.

Sorry but you ordered the day before release day. At that time people were already complaining about ship times so I don't understand why you're upset. You got yourself into this mess.

E_LIZ_aBeth

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I understand your frustrstion but your actions I dont. Why wait until a day before the phones launch in store to order (not Pre-Order) it online. We already have multiple threads where others are complaining about their wait time and you feel like you can just jump ahead of some who pre ordered on the 12 and still remain without a phone. Just walk into your local carrier store and see if they have the phone. If not just wait like the rest of us. I mean we knew there would be some waiting time.

leathernuts#WP

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Not a joke at all...worked fine for me and millions of others.

Apparently you spoke before knowing the facts. My biz rep said he would take care of my preorders. He said they would have a team in at midnight. His and verizons business intentions were there. That Im not faulting. However, when I contacted him the morning of the 12th, he explained there was a problem and their preorders didn't get in until 3am. Still not too bad, except he said the ship date wasn't until October 21. Tell me how it's not a joke that I and "millions" others as you put it place an order 1 week before launch and have to wait over a month, yet I was able to walk in a verizon store at 2 pm on launch day and walk out with an iPhone 6? Yes it's a joke. They should make sure that everyone who "preordered" gets their phone first before stocking the stores, otherwise what was the point in the preorder?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Apparently you spoke before knowing the facts. My biz rep said he would take care of my preorders. He said they would have a team in at midnight. His and verizons business intentions were there. That Im not faulting. However, when I contacted him the morning of the 12th, he explained there was a problem and their preorders didn't get in until 3am. Still not too bad, except he said the ship date wasn't until October 21. Tell me how it's not a joke that I and "millions" others as you put it place an order 1 week before launch and have to wait over a month, yet I was able to walk in a verizon store at 2 pm on launch day and walk out with an iPhone 6? Yes it's a joke. They should make sure that everyone who "preordered" gets their phone first before stocking the stores, otherwise what was the point in the preorder?

I agree, don't offer preorders if you don't fulfill them first. OR cut preorders off once all the available phones are accounted for.

I can't complain about my actions because I ordered mine through AT&T on launch day and was told an estimated ship date of 11/9-11/21 but it SUCKS having to wait 2 months...

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

What facts was I missing? Pre-order worked perfectly for me and millions of other people. Wasn't a joke at all, it was a normal pre-order like you find with anything else of this kind of popularity. It was a joke to you because you didn't get what you wanted...kind of like a child not getting to drink a soda before bedtime...my guess is the child responds very similarly to yourself under these similar circumstances.

What's a REAL joke here is the entitlement some of you have. Hilarious joke really.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
You just need to think of it as two different worlds. Online and traditional stores.

Apple and carriers could throw 100 percent of their inventory towards filling online orders. But they can't do that. You have to accommodate your in store crowd who are the majority.

You, as a consumer, have to be savvy and responsible enough to figure this stuff out and deal with it. As millions have.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Friendly reminder folks.........
[INFO]
P.U.P.P.A.H
(Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Professional, Attentive and Helpful)

• Be polite. We ask that you keep your language clean and polite.
  • Be understanding and patient. You may be a power user or developer, but the person you’re talking to on the other end may be a complete newbie. Be patient, and provide all details possible if you’re posting about a problem (descriptive thread title always helps).
  • Be a pro. Don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If someone responds in a poor or rude fashion, ignore it. If you notice a pattern of rude or poor behavior from a particular member, report them to our moderators. If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. In a nutshell, ‘think before you post’.
  • Be attentive and helpful. Answer questions in a timely manner when you can, and provide thoughts and suggestions that might lead to the solution of a members’ problem.
[/INFO]

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I agree, don't offer preorders if you don't fulfill them first. OR cut preorders off once all the available phones are accounted for.

I can't complain about my actions because I ordered mine through AT&T on launch day and was told an estimated ship date of 11/9-11/21 but it SUCKS having to wait 2 months...

You get the estimated ship date before you complete the purchase. If the date is unacceptable, don’t finalize the order. If you want it on launch day and can’t get it by pre-ordering, then get yourself to a retail outlet on launch day and wait in line with the others. No one forced you to click the button to finalize your order if the delivery date was unacceptable.

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
You get the estimated ship date before you complete the purchase. If the date is unacceptable, don’t finalize the order. If you want it on launch day and can’t get it by pre-ordering, then get yourself to a retail outlet on launch day and wait in line with the others. No one forced you to click the button to finalize your order if the delivery date was unacceptable.

Unfortunately that was not an option for me for 2 reasons, I am not eligible to upgrade until the end of the year, so they allowed me to upgrade early at the 2-year pricing but the ONLY way to order was over the phone. I have no time to go stand in lines for a phone even if I could. If my current iPhone 5 wasn't malfunctioning (and out of warranty) I would be waiting until I was eligible to go into a store and pick one up. So that is why I said "I can't complain..."

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Pre-ordering worked fine for me, too. One just needs to be aware of what their part as a consumer is. If you wanted what you know is going to be an absolute hot item at a reasonable time, you had to order it at an unreasonable time of the day.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately that was not an option for me for 2 reasons, I am not eligible to upgrade until the end of the year, so they allowed me to upgrade early at the 2-year pricing but the ONLY way to order was over the phone. I have no time to go stand in lines for a phone even if I could. If my current iPhone 5 wasn't malfunctioning (and out of warranty) I would be waiting until I was eligible to go into a store and pick one up. So that is why I said "I can't complain..."

Sorry to hear that you’re having issues with your phone, but, your situation is clearly a "one off". Your provider gave you a special one time exception, but required you to do it the way they prescribed. We’re comparing apples and oranges here.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro