Frustrated waiting for carrier shipments? Apple stores have LOTS of phones everyday!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
My wife, bless her heart, decided last night that she really wanted an iPhone 6 (she wasn't a fan of my 6+'s size), and since I was off today and had to go by the mall anyways, I decided to surprise her with a new phone (she still doesn't know yet). I got to the mall around 10am (when the Apple store opens I believe), and there was a pretty significant line (I'd estimate about 100 people), but I figured why the hell not, so I jumped in line too.

xLilrr4.jpg

...about an hour passed and the Apple clerks finally made it to us. They explained there were no more 16 or 64GB iPhone 6+'s, and only a handful of 128GB's. That handful made it about 5 people behind me before they were gone too, but they still had plenty of iPhone 6 stock left in all colors and on all carriers except Tmobile, which they apparently had none in the shipment. Got the golden ticket and waited for probably another hour before being called in.

mv44rGI.jpg

After about 3 hours total, I was walking out with my wife's iPhone 6, as well as a blue leather case for her and the blue leather case the store manager comp'ed me the other night (see the other thread for details). Everyone was really nice, even handed out water to the line (which was easily another 100 people deep when I left). These Apple stores DO have stock, and if you get there early enough, you WILL get the iPhone you want vs. waiting forever for a carrier to ship one to you.

Good luck!

bsvbTLB.jpg

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
My wife, bless her heart, decided last night that she really wanted an iPhone 6 (she wasn't a fan of my 6+'s size), and since I was off today and had to go by the mall anyways, I decided to surprise her with a new phone (she still doesn't know yet). I got to the mall around 10am (when the Apple store opens I believe), and there was a pretty significant line (I'd estimate about 100 people), but I figured why the hell not, so I jumped in line too.

http://i.imgur.com/xLilrr4.jpg?1

...about an hour passed and the Apple clerks finally made it to us. They explained there were no more 16 or 64GB iPhone 6+'s, and only a handful of 128GB's. That handful made it about 5 people behind me before they were gone too, but they still had plenty of iPhone 6 stock left in all colors and on all carriers except Tmobile, which they apparently had none in the shipment. Got the golden ticket and waited for probably another hour before being called in.

http://i.imgur.com/mv44rGI.jpg?1

After about 3 hours total, I was walking out with my wife's iPhone 6, as well as a blue leather case for her and the blue leather case the store manager comp'ed me the other night (see the other thread for details). Everyone was really nice, even handed out water to the line (which was easily another 100 people deep when I left). These Apple stores DO have stock, and if you get there early enough, you WILL get the iPhone you want vs. waiting forever for a carrier to ship one to you.

Good luck!

http://i.imgur.com/bsvbTLB.jpg?1

What a good husband you are sean. Props brother

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
What a good husband you are sean. Props brother

I know now that when pre-orders happen, regardless of what she says about "I'll probably order one later...", my a$$ is pre-ordering hers as well! 3 hours was nothing, and it still sucked so badly (especially when we were literally standing above the cookie place and the fumes were rising up to the line. I don't even like cookies and had to go get one after I was done, LOL!

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I was really lucky last Saturday, when I walked into my carriers and there was no one there. Funny thing was I was going to check it out. But 20 mins later, I was walking out with the 6.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I know now that when pre-orders happen, regardless of what she says about "I'll probably order one later...", my a$$ is pre-ordering hers as well! 3 hours was nothing, and it still sucked so badly (especially when we were literally standing above the cookie place and the fumes were rising up to the line. I don't even like cookies and had to go get one after I was done, LOL!

How can you not like cookies?! Appalled! I see a Starbucks in that picture I would have bought a cookie and high tailed it to get a Caramel Macchiato LOL.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I was really lucky last Saturday, when I walked into my carriers and there was no one there. Funny thing was I was going to check it out. But 20 mins later, I was walking out with the 6.

There were several people in line that ran down to the Verizon and AT&T store in the mall to see if they had any and they only had devices for pre-orderers in both cases. The Tmobile store kiosk is right next to the Apple store in our local mall and the guy wasn't even talking to anyone, and when asked would only say "Nope.", even though they had a great big poster on the front that said "Get iPhone 6 TODAY!"

I saw a line waiting outside of the local Sprint store and Verizon store near my house...that was around 2pm.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I literally just finished ordering an iPhone 6 64GB gold for my girlfriend about an hour ago and arranged for a pickup today.

The Apple stores receive stuff all day.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
How can you not like cookies?! Appalled! I see a Starbucks in that picture I would have bought a cookie and high tailed it to get a Caramel Macchiato LOL.

Never have! Cake either...lol! I was a weird kid...with no cavities. :rotfl:

Starbucks was hit up before I get in line, and they actually came up stairs and were handing out hot chocolate to the kids in line (which I thought was a really nice gesture)...even if it was 80 degrees outside, lol!

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
There were several people in line that ran down to the Verizon and AT&T store in the mall to see if they had any and they only had devices for pre-orderers in both cases. The Tmobile store kiosk is right next to the Apple store in our local mall and the guy wasn't even talking to anyone, and when asked would only say "Nope.", even though they had a great big poster on the front that said "Get iPhone 6 TODAY!"

I saw a line waiting outside of the local Sprint store and Verizon store near my house...that was around 2pm.

Word is getting around, the 6 and 6 plus are selling like crazy.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Never have! Cake either...lol! I was a weird kid...with no cavities. :rotfl:

Starbucks was hit up before I get in line, and they actually came up stairs and were handing out hot chocolate to the kids in line (which I thought was a really nice gesture)...even if it was 80 degrees outside, lol!

I'm disgusted now we can't be friends anymore LOL. I haven't had a single cavity either w00t but I love cake haha but I can't stand pie freaking hate the crap.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
And just a word of advice for those of you who are looking to order a 6 Plus for pickup. Just because you check online to see if you can arrange a pickup at a local store at 11am doesn't mean you shouldn't check until the next day. Check again at 2PM, 3PM, and so forth. Inventory at the stores are updated as things come in. When I got my first 5S I checked online for a pickup 3 times in that same day. By the 3rd time a couple of hours later, it was available for pickup.

Lesawags

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
SeanHRCC, you are a great hubby she will be thrilled.. My hubby would do the same for me( why we've been married since I was 19) lol.. Pics of her smiling face after she gets her surprise.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Wow! A waiting in line story that was actually positive. Completely out of the ordinary.....

Sean, hope you at least got taken out to dinner as a result.

tattooed4515

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
My fianc? needs to hang out with you for a while so that you can wear off on her. She was pretty angry with me for being gone all night waiting in line for a "stupid phone"

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox