iPhone 6 Plus vibration?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is it just my phone, or do your guy's phones vibrate super loud so everyone in the whole room can hear it?

Big phone, big vibration...:)...Seriously, I don't know. Hopefully, members who have purchased the iPhone 6 Plus will give their opinions soon. In the meantime, enjoy your day...:)

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
It is literally the only complaint I have with the phone so far. The vibration is insanely loud and it also sounds "cheap" IMO. But no I feel the same also. I went to the Apple store and played swith the 6 and the vibration wasnt like that at all.

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
I'm guessing it may also have something to do with the thickness of the device! Maybe because it's thinner it feels stronger and is louder?

I noticed my 6 plus feel stronger/louder then my 5S.

tattooed4515

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Idk about stronger but I've noticed louder. If it is stronger than good. I always thought the iPhone needed a stronger vibrate. As far as cheap, it does kind of sound that way but I'm sure that's just the way it sounds being in larger casing, and keep in mind as well that since the vibrate is louder your going to hear it better (obviously). Who's to say the previous iPhones didn't make the same cheap sound, just that it wasn't loud enough for us to hear it?

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Haha i also really thought I'm the only one, but the vibration is the only thing I hate about the 6+

That's why I need a jailbreak to quickly turn vibration on/off

Until the jailbreak I'm using "Launcher" and open the Settings page directly to turn it on/off

Maybe the vibration is less annoying if the vibration duration is shorter → jailbreak tweak

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411406982.946103.jpg

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Funny that you mention that. I listened to Gruber's podcast with Rene Ritchie and he made the point about it sounding loud. It does sound more loud in a quiet room.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
The 6 also has a strong vibration which is great because the iPhone has always been very dull. I can actually feel it for the first time since I can remember.

btru82

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Haha i also really thought I'm the only one, but the vibration is the only thing I hate about the 6+

That's why I need a jailbreak to quickly turn vibration on/off

Until the jailbreak I'm using "Launcher" and open the Settings page directly to turn it on/off

Maybe the vibration is less annoying if the vibration duration is shorter → jailbreak tweak

View attachment 65650

How did u set the launch options for vibrate and silent like that in launcher?

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
How did u set the launch options for vibrate and silent like that in launcher?

1. Just open the Launcher app
2. Tap on "Add new" and add an app launcher
3. Select "Settings"
4. There you have a long list of sub-pages of the settings app, there select "Preferences ->Sounds"
5. Optional you can add some fancy name like "Vibration "

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
it's really loud and annoying on the 6 as well. it really bugs me when it's quiet and it goes off

I know that feel That's why I turn it of when I'm in libraries, studying etc.

I need a jailbreak to put a vibration toggle into the control center, it's cool to have a launcher to get directly to vibration settings, but toggle it on/off from CC would be nicer

MASTER JULIAN

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
My vibration is very loud on the plus but I cannot feel it at all it feel like the size cancels out the vibration. I can feel it in the middle of the phone but not at all at the edges

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods