"Your account is in a market not supported for upgrades"

sirbenjaminj

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Eligible for an upgrade with AT&T, fianc? on same plan upgraded with no problem at apple.com. Went to upgrade my line on the apple online store, got through the whole process and then came to a screen with this message. However, I am able to order through the AT&T website, just didn't want to wait so long to receive my iPhone Plus. Talked to reps and went to store, they said something about a cross market incompatibility, and that I should just order through AT&T, which I did (now will commence month of waiting). Anyone else know anything about this? Or have this problem?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Did your fianc? upgrade her device using the available upgrade that you were eligible for?

sirbenjaminj

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Did your fianc? upgrade her device using the available upgrade that you were eligible for?

No, we have two lines on the same family plan and both were eligible. He upgraded his. They say that it might have something to do with him initially having opened his account in another state and mine started here, which might be considered cross market. Another guy in macrumors forum said that he had the same issue and after hours of research he found out it had something to do with a setting in the accounts that consumers aren't even supposed to be aware of.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner